Carbon seems to work on VZW M8

Search This thread

pjim

Jul 18, 2009
San Diego
The AOSP roms have made me forget all about Sense. In fact I would go as far to say even the early builds are more stable than stock. Carbon, Liquid smooth and especially Cyanogenmod are awesome, on a month old phone!

Sent from my One M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

RikRong

Feb 16, 2013
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6a
So I decided to see if the latest Carbon build works on the VZW M8. I have been testing since 1:00 PM EST and its running really well. Some spoty BT issues but overall very solid.

Check out this thread in the main HTC M8 forum.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2746834
Yeah, it seems that all the AOSP ROMs are running pretty well on VZW. I'll be loading up Slim as soon as the few bugs that are left are worked out.

The AOSP roms have made me forget all about Sense. In fact I would go as far to say even the early builds are more stable than stock. Carbon, Liquid smooth and especially Cyanogenmod are awesome, on a month old phone!

I wouldn't say they're more stable than stock, yet. There are still a few bugs in all the AOSP ROMs. They'll be perfect soon enough, though. I am running Slim on all of my other devices. I'm just waiting for it to be perfect on the M8 and I'll flash it.

Spotty Wi-Fi, Bluetooth has a couple of issues, GPS is semi-broken.. Wouldn't quite call these more stable than stock quite yet. :p

Reactions: 1ManWolfePack

pjim

Jul 18, 2009
San Diego
Spotty Wi-Fi, Bluetooth has a couple of issues, GPS is semi-broken.. Wouldn't quite call these more stable than stock quite yet. :p

I guess speaking from my own experience, the wifi at the places I use it has been great, never an issue, home, work, etc. And Bluetooth works as well. I don't use a headset, but I work at a rental car company and it paired and worked fine on 6 different cars, as hands free and music player, never a glitch. In fact pairs in seconds, stock always took much longer, sometimes timing out. Gps locks instantly and is accurate, checked it against my boats gps. Used liquid smooth for couple days and went to CM when I saw it available. They work the same. Fortunately, I have had a better experience than most I suppose.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I decided to see if the latest Carbon build works on the VZW M8. I have been testing since 1:00 PM EST and its running really well. Some spoty BT issues but overall very solid.

Check out this thread in the main HTC M8 forum.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2746834