[Q] How can I get T-Mobile LTE with an AT&T note 2 phone?

Search This thread

ilaf0106

Jun 5, 2009
POMONA
So I had a stock 4.3 mk6 then I decided to root and unlock my phone for the T-Mobile network. When I Odin back to 4.1.1 I unlocked everything went smooth and I did the aws mod, and was getting LTE with T-Mobile. So then I root it again Odin the 4.3 param. Tz to flash a 4.3 ROM. After the flash I don't get LTE no more. Went back to 4.1.1 to see if I would get it nothing again. So now I'm stuck with 4G and haven't gotten LTE since the first time I unlocked it.

So anybody know how to get T-Mobile LTE back on my AT&T note 2.?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

ojai00

Jul 6, 2010
New York
So I had a stock 4.3 mk6 then I decided to root and unlock my phone for the T-Mobile network. When I Odin back to 4.1.1 I unlocked everything went smooth and I did the aws mod, and was getting LTE with T-Mobile. So then I root it again Odin the 4.3 param. Tz to flash a 4.3 ROM. After the flash I don't get LTE no more. Went back to 4.1.1 to see if I would get it nothing again. So now I'm stuck with 4G and haven't gotten LTE since the first time I unlocked it.

So anybody know how to get T-Mobile LTE back on my AT&T note 2.?

Check the Phone status for a true indication of your connection. Depending on which ROM you flashed the icons will vary. Some of the ROMs that are N7105-based show 4G but mean LTE.

ilaf0106

Jun 5, 2009
POMONA
Check the Phone status for a true indication of your connection. Depending on which ROM you flashed the icons will vary. Some of the ROMs that are N7105-based show 4G but mean LTE.

Yeah I do it only says HSPA no LTE. And In notifications it goes from h to h+ never 4g and I have DN3 ROM right now. With mk6 modem with no AWS mod.

ojai00

Jul 6, 2010
New York
Guessing you have the proper APN set? I get LTE on both epc.tmobile.com and fast.tmobile.com. Running SkyNote Air with AWS Mod.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

ilaf0106

Jun 5, 2009
POMONA
Guessing you have the proper APN set? I get LTE on both epc.tmobile.com and fast.tmobile.com. Running SkyNote Air with AWS Mod.

Which modem do you have as well?
Yeah I got the proper apn both tried. Did you use 4.3 param tz file or devils kernel.

Last edited:

ilaf0106

Jun 5, 2009
POMONA
So I'm at mk6 modem applied the AWS Mod and it keeps bouncing from 3g to h+ on my DN3 ROM.. And it says UMTS network no LTE :-[

ojai00

Jul 6, 2010
New York
I'm in New York! Have you tried the modem code or radio code to see if you can force a connection?

Reactions: ilaf0106

A_youu

Jul 9, 2011
Boise
Is that the one with *#2263# ? I've had but which one would be the one to force it to? I have no luck in the ones I had done

DN3 Rom is based, off of the N7105 NOTE 2 that's the reason you don't see LTE. If you see 4G that means LTE in this ROM. I am also using this ROM with at&t and whenever I get LTE speed it shows 4G.

You can change it by changing your build prop setting to get lte. But if you do then your contacts will force close and I also read in DN3 thread that you will lose your phone app/dialer and have to use play store dialer.

Last edited:

ilaf0106

Jun 5, 2009
POMONA
Is that the one with *#2263# ? I've had but which one would be the one to force it to? I have no luck in the ones I had done

Yeah for dn3 if it shows 4g it is lte. Because of the ROM's data icons being international. Mine is just showing h to h+. :-[

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Yeah for dn3 if it shows 4g it is lte. Because of the ROM's data icons being international. Mine is just showing h to h+. :-[

That 4g icon on the DN3 is LTE. It's that way because it's based off of the international firmware...:)

Just a reminder you can check you LTE connection by going to:
Setting, General, about phone, status, check connection there.:eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1390380548174.jpg
    1390380548174.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 91

A_youu

Jul 9, 2011
Boise
Yeah ibe tried that still getting hspa im not wven getting hspa plus
and when I insert my wifes sim card I get lte.. strange

Check APN settings. Also, do you have Network Mode as "LTE/WCDMA/GSM". Even I was not getting LTE initially but then I tried different APN settings and finally I am getting LTE.

ilaf0106

Jun 5, 2009
POMONA
Yeah i have the fast.tmobile.com apn and I have dome that as well still no luvk fpr a reason I feel like tmobile slows down my unlocked phone just beacuse its not a tmobile phone. I mean the note 2 has compatible frequency for tmobile so idk

A_youu

Jul 9, 2011
Boise
Yeah i have the fast.tmobile.com apn and I have dome that as well still no luvk fpr a reason I feel like tmobile slows down my unlocked phone just beacuse its not a tmobile phone. I mean the note 2 has compatible frequency for tmobile so idk

Try this APN settings -

Enter the following settings for the Data APN:
Name: T-Mobile
APN: epc.tmobile.com or fast.t-mobile.com (for LTE devices)
Proxy: <Not set>
Port: <Not set>
Username: <Not set>
Password: <Not set>
Server: <Not set>
MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS proxy: <Not set>
MMS port: <Not set>
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type:<Not set>
APN type: <Not Set> OR Internet+MMS (depending on software version)

Source - http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-2090#android

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm in New York! Have you tried the modem code or radio code to see if you can force a connection?