[Kernel] ardatdat kernel v1.7b1 & b2 beta released [CWM] (2012-05-02)

Search This thread

coolcorner

Jan 27, 2012
I will check whether the bass boost works or not with my high-end earbud, so if that occurs I will make some patches and test in my kernel and then make a pull request to ardatdat kernel to fix the problem.

Sure, please do check.

I did check with 2-3 headsets that I have got and I could not hear/feel (I do have very sensitive and audiophile ears, and didn't hear any difference) any difference with different settings for bass boost and the gain. I really wish to get the bass like I could get on my iAudio/Cowon DAP's, I really miss the BBE.

Also, is there anyway to apply those settings (including equalizer settings to FM radio also), please do suggest how do you listen to them otherwise.

Even the Bass boost on DSP manager doesn't work for me, the equalizer on DSP manager works just fine for the headsets. But, the equalizers does not work for FM radio :(

ardatdat

Jun 13, 2010
Travel around; but XDA x24
I do see that there is a great difference in the amplifier for the headphones. Great work guys, Thanks a ton.

However, the Bass Boost does not seem to be working, I do not hear any difference, am I missing anything here?!!

Cheers!

Are you turning on the base boost feature using the Voodoo Sound apk?

One thing to note is that different base boost settings are not significant, but the effect of having it turn on/off is very significant!

Bass Boost is proven to be working. I am sure about that. At least with my UM1, UM2, Shure SE215, they are working perfectly. Also feedback from Chinese forum's users are also positive about the base boost feature :)

Last edited:
Reactions: coolcorner

coolcorner

Jan 27, 2012

One thing to note is that different base boost settings are not significant, but the effect of having it turn on/off is very significant!

Bass Boost is proven to be working. I am sure about that. At least with my UM1, UM2, Shure SE215, they are working perfectly. Also feedback from Chinese forum's users are also positive about the base boost feature :)

Yes, It was through Voodoo sound APK. After seeing your post here, I installed it 2/3 times. Now it seems to be working, I don't know what was the issue. Even I can see the difference when I increase/decrease the Gain, earlier even that was not working.

Thank you guys for getting best things for R :)

Cheers!

hllby666

Feb 1, 2012
Hi,
Ardatdat ur 1.7b2 kernel works fine.
Charging tym has really improved. Is it fine for battery to reach 46 deg while charging?

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA

Last edited:

UnknownzD

Oct 9, 2011

Well seems like we are coming from the same community after all, I am looking forward to work with you soon to provide more patches for our I9103 users :)

mj.vikram

Mar 2, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Kernel is very nice and fast but one problem i found is its becoming too hot while charging it may be because of the Fast charge except this everything is fine..

Last edited:

ardatdat

Jun 13, 2010
Well seems like we are coming from the same community after all, I am looking forward to work with you soon to provide more patches for our I9103 users :)

Yes, looking forward for that also! And your experience in kernel patches are very valuable to us. Thanks very much for your sharing and let's work together to make this a better phone! :)

Reactions: Minns and mhca

F3niX

Jul 9, 2010
Hyderabad
I was on XWLA4 using Ultimate Kernel
When I tried to flash 1.7B2 over it, the Phone went into boot loop.
So now, Restoring it..
I think its better to maintain a backup and restore it..

xlm13x

Mar 4, 2012
XDA 24 X 7
Sure, please do check.

I did check with 2-3 headsets that I have got and I could not hear/feel (I do have very sensitive and audiophile ears, and didn't hear any difference)

bass boost is working perfectly, i tried it with stock sammy headsets there is a noticable difference bass after enabling it, just increase the value of gain. i tested on cheap headsets and my monster beats also and had amazing effect.

If u want better effect i recommend using music volume eq app which is totally free and improves bass.
U can find it here.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620935

Sent from my GT-I9103 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ardatdat

Jun 13, 2010
I was on XWLA4 using Ultimate Kernel
When I tried to flash 1.7B2 over it, the Phone went into boot loop.
So now, Restoring it..
I think its better to maintain a backup and restore it..

It is merely impossible to run into boot loop just because you are flashing different kernels. Could you flash 1.7b2 again to see if the problem persists? Also, could UnknownzD help to look into the problem? Thanks a lot!

F3niX

Jul 9, 2010
Hyderabad
Thanks for your help man. I think my download of uk 1.2 c1 was corrupted. So i installed that
didn't work. Then i flashed your kernel and ran into boot loop. Now re flashed xwla4 and wiped everything.. So

Minns

Jan 4, 2012
Belarus
I have a little problem with you kernel 1.7 b1. After installing this kernel on [ZCLA1] TheFrankenstain ^ MOD, the touchscreen worked only if i hold the phone in my hand, but if i put it on the table - display did not respond to touch. But after installing kernel 1.7 b2 it worked perfectly on ZLCA. I know 4 guys with such problem. Sorry for my bad english, i tried to write clearer :rolleyes:

Last edited:

ganucci

Mar 4, 2012
Udupi
I have a small doubt. will there be any changes in the quality of sound while using Bluetooth music head set ?

UnknownzD

Oct 9, 2011
I have a small doubt. will there be any changes in the quality of sound while using Bluetooth music head set ?

No it will not have any effect for the sound coming out from bluetooth headset. This is because the bluetooth transmission is using a2dp protocol instead of relying on the chipset for output.

esteras

Apr 5, 2010
Barcelona
OnePlus 8T
After a lot of hours of testing I can confirm that everything works very very fine.

ardatdat, do you think in add bravia engine to your next release?

Thanks and thanks a lot

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
After a lot of hours of testing I can confirm that everything works very very fine.

ardatdat, do you think in add bravia engine to your next release?

Thanks and thanks a lot

If I am not missing something then its Sony's Bravia engine(Display) we are talking about. If not then could you tell me what is bravia engine used for ?

esteras

Apr 5, 2010
Barcelona
OnePlus 8T
I asked because new UnknownzD kernel version has this feature included. I would like to see it because I don't know how to improve our incredible screen quality :eek:

amar1548

Feb 17, 2012
hoshiarpur
big problem........................

hey guys i'm on titanium rom.... with ardat kernal 1.7 b2 ,,,, last night i leave my phone and after half an hour when i took the phone and i feel that it is extremely hot <i mean i never feel that much heat on the phone before> then, i remove its battery and after a while , when i reinsert the battery the same problem happens again:eek: and i also a strange thing happen before i remove the battery the battery percentage was 19% and now its only 1%:mad: then remove the battery again and today when i reinsert the batery:rolleyes: my phone is not booting up:eek: i don't know .. wheather its battery gets craped or some thing happens to its cpu may be ..... now its not charging the battery though.... please tell me wheather i have to go to samsung service.... i'm still on titanium rom......:confused:

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dear all,

I am going to start a new post for the new 1.7b1 & 1.7b2 beta such that all members are able to see them.

First, specially thanks to UnknownzD for providing the source codes for Voodoo Sound enhancements to Galaxy R. You are the man!

Now, after posting the v1.7 beta kernel to some Chinese forum, it is discovered that kernel based on ZCLD4 will cause 'auto rotation' malfunction on non-Chinese ROMs (such as XWLA4, ZSKK5, etc...)

It is also proved that kernel based on XWLA4 will not cause any 'auto rotate' problems, but it does not support 2-way voice recording & off-machine alarm.

So, I have revised 2 versions of v1.7 beta. Both version inherits all features from v1.6 & Voodoo Sound enhancements.

v1.7b1 (beta 1) (based on ZCLD4 Chinese kernel)
    ==================================

- Well support for Chinese based ROM (such as ZCKK1, ZCLA1, ZCLD4, etc...)
    - Will not cause any 'auto rotate' problems on Chinese based ROM, but will have rotate problem on European ROMs
    - Support 2-way voice recording & off-machine alarm (Chinese-based ROMs only)

File: ardatdat_9103_kernel_v1.7b1_voodoo.zip
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?bga4dzubid3sbe2
    Mirror: http://115.com/file/dpjuugye#ardatdat-9103-kernel-v1.7b1-voodoo.zip

v1.7b2 (beta 2) (based on XWLA4 European kernel)
    ==================================

- Well support for non-Chinese based ROM (such as XWLAL4, ZSKK5, etc...)
    - Will not cause any 'auto rotate' problems on any ROM
    - Doesn't support 2-way voice recording & off-machine alarm

File: ardatdat_9103_kernel_v1.7b2_voodoo(XWLA4).zip
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?by26ah33aw2cdv9
    Mirror: http://115.com/file/benbs1h9#ardatdat-9103-kernel-v1.7b2-voodoo(XWLA4).zip

Please feel free to choose the one that suits your ROM.

v1.6 could be found there:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620900

Again, I need some time to organize the source codes, please accept my apology as I am really busy in my work. I will push it to github once I organize them & am free. :)

Finally, flash at your own risk :cool: Please feed back how you feel and don't hesitate to give me a 'thank' if the kernel works great for you :D

** The source code has just been pushed to my github. Please kindly share our knowledge to make this phone better! :)
    No worry, actually, not exposing the kernel src is actually violating the general rules in XDA. Give me some time, I am working on that :)

btw I have another performance boost for your kernel build.

Check here for more info :
    https://github.com/UnknownzD/I9103_XW_Kernel/commit/5272617914704968960e16e68e6a62150434c5a9

You need to add the following things to KBUILD_CFLAGS
    -O2 -march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a9 -mcpu=cortex-a9 -D__ARM_ARCH_7__ -D__ARM_ARCH_7A__ -D__VFP_FP__ -D__ARM_HAVE_VFP -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=vfpv3-d16

That will boost the performance as generating the best code for our device. For example, enabling hardware floating point calculation is already a boost for our device because it is not enabled by default.
    Even if it could be enabled, there is one great feature of "off-machine" alarm in Chinese based ROM only. This feature allows you to set an alarm and then you shutdown your phone (while keeping your cable charging the phone). Just before 2 minutes before the alarm, the phone will be turned on automatically and the alarm will ring!

For example, the time now is 10:00, you set an alarm at 10:10 and you turn off your phone. At around 10:08, the phone will boot up automatically! And the alarm rings precisely at 10:00!

You can try that feature using Chinese based ROM such as ZCKK1, ZCLA1, ZCLD3, ZCLD4, etc... Thanks :)

well I will try to port that off-machine alarm to XW build later :) Now I need to head off for making my own ROM with specific build.prop and init script that can boost performance as I don't want to see two people working on 2 'different' kernel with same patches (wasted too much resources and those users are hard to follow).

I have actually made a ROM for I9003 before with a OC kernel which has boosted the performance better than the I9000. However I didn't release it on the xda as I have found that the I9003 forum is like a mess. And I am going to make all those patches I have made for I9003 ROM back to I9103 ROM so that further boost the android VM performance.

btw after 4~6 full days of work (I have made all my kernels and findings in these days), I need to head off for playing some games now :)

btw, watch out the SGS3 live stream boardcast as well!
    reserved for future use...
    Files are uploaded :) Thanks for waiting ~!