[ROM] MIUI Nook Color 1.9.16

Search This thread

Phatdawg

Jan 14, 2011
I'm really more concerned about development at the core level for nook. It appears that Andmer is porting their builds over with some combination with cm7. So unless they actually make a level to make a custom screen that sets it self slightly higher to allow soft buttons, we should probably get a dev of either soft buttons, button savior, or virtual button bar to work on a very customizable button placement option with button spacing.

Huge/large/med/small/tiny buttons
None/small/med/large spacing between buttons.

Locations: uset sets or at least each corner + the middles of each side.
Orientation horizontal or vertical.

Those are things I would like see on soft buttons. I left comments over on button saviors blog, but haven't heard a response.

Soft keys is somewhat buggy and crashed time to time unable to find some file.

Virtual button bar is a 36 hour trial with limited locations and didn't want to pay for it after such a short time.

hirano

Feb 3, 2008
Curitiba
I absolutely love the MIUI ROM and use it all day in my phone (Motorola Defy), but for me the Nook without the Tablet Tweaks/Softkeys is a no go.

Reactions: testulous

SCrid2000

Jun 13, 2011
Puyallup, WA
Use ROM Manager to re-flash it and use ROM Manager to reboot into recovery. The Reboot>Recovery feature is broken.

Tried that, still wasn't working. Not a big deal though, got the cwm image written to an SD and I can use that.

I absolutely love the MIUI ROM and use it all day in my phone (Motorola Defy), but for me the Nook without the Tablet Tweaks/Softkeys is a no go.

Maybe the problem is that I had CWM installed then. You would know better than me ;)

That's probably gonna lead to me going back to CM7 as well. Nice rom tho, and it's always cool to see something new to put on my Nook.

sark666

Dec 2, 2010
How's the performance of this? nothing is hardware accelerated like launcher pro is it?

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
Damn I couldn't get this rom to boot up for the life of me. Installed it four times! Sucks cuz I run miui on my phone. Idk what the problem was. I might try putting it in my bootable SD wither cwm on it. Who knows I'm sick of rebooting and wiping and restoring so I'm done. SUCK!

So all of you that are having success with this. How long does it take to boot up? I've waited almost end minutes with nothing
Sent from my demonSPEED! Glacier

Last edited:

fr0zenblood75

Apr 5, 2011
San Antonio
This Rom is Fantastic its the best of android and ios . The soft button thing is anoying but i guess i can get used to it i might go back to cm7 but mostly because at the moment i only have one sd and it is for my phone ,on cm7 i swapped the emmc and sd but that zip wont work here for some reason :/ does any one know a way i can fix this ?

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
This Rom is Fantastic its the best of android and ios . The soft button thing is anoying but i guess i can get used to it i might go back to cm7 but mostly because at the moment i only have one sd and it is for my phone ,on cm7 i swapped the emmc and sd but that zip wont work here for some reason :/ does any one know a way i can fix this ?

How did you install? Cwm recovery wipe flash etc?

fr0zenblood75

Apr 5, 2011
San Antonio
Well I wiped everything except boot flashed miui then flashed the swap zip and it only made the nook not recognize the SD or emmc

Sent from my LG-VM670 using XDA App

fr0zenblood75

Apr 5, 2011
San Antonio
You can't get it to boot? :/ that sucks you should try again and wipe system cache data emmc and dalvik cache and flash it.

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
You can't get it to boot? :/ that sucks you should try again and wipe system cache data emmc and dalvik cache and flash it.

Well I'm trying right now we'll see again... haha

Update... nothing again I just get a big flash after it starts up
Fifth restore of the day coming up

Last edited:

fr0zenblood75

Apr 5, 2011
San Antonio
You did make a back up right? If you are going to try again download the rom again maybe the one you had was corrupt or something i already flashed the rom 3 times successfuly

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
You did make a back up right? If you are going to try again download the rom again maybe the one you had was corrupt or something i already flashed the rom 3 times successfuly

Of course I have a CM7.1 backup, but I've downloaded it two different times and flashed it five times unsuccessfully.

I wipe data and system, cache partition, and Dalvik every time and the same thing happens. I see the green cyanogenmod flag thingy and then it flashes brightly and sits there for at least 15 minutes. (I don't wait longer than that)

cama900

Apr 4, 2011
is there any way to restore the data? does MIUI put it in a different place or something?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

cama900

Apr 4, 2011
i know! its quite epic, but I was refering to data restored from titanium backup and stuff

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk.com

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is built from CM7 nightlies and MIUI.US MIUI translation

I would like to thank the CM7 crew, Dalingrin et al for all their hard work in making the nook such a viable device. Without their determination, ingenuity and generosity this ROM would not be possible.

I would like to thank MIUI.US team for their help in getting this port off the ground and a wonderful translation and base from which to work from.

Most everything *should* work. Please let me know if you spot any port specific bugs.

Caveats:
    - You must have an SDCARD to boot, I dont know why. (won't fix)
    - You should flash with the latest CWM 3.2.0.1+

Download Link is in Post #2
    htc_evo_MIUI.gif

miuiuslogo.png

Presents the Official

MIUI

This is a community support ROM only!
    The developers do not provide much support for this ROM on these forums
    Support is mostly provided on forums.MIUI.us
    New release comes every Friday.

If you haven't heard about this ROM yet then check out the videos in this post and 2nd post to see it in action!
    This is an excellent ROM if for no other reason than it introduces the first non-CyanogenMod/carrier/manufacturer framework overhaul of Android 2.3.5 and boy what an overhaul.​

Changes from base ROM
    Removed: MIUI App Sharing | MIUI OTA Updater | MIUI Bootscreen | SIM Toolkit

Added: Custom Bootscreen | English Translations | Google Maps | Google Voice Search | MIUI.us Forum app

If you want ADW.Launcher or LauncherPro install them from Market.​
    Proceed To Download

MD5: 804529ce809862e76e78b68337270d57
    Download

Change Log:

Weekly Changelog:
    Click here for changelog done via StiffSpliff
    Update 2.2.3

Well gang, here it is....Miui 2.2.3 for the Nook Color. First of all this update would not be possible without andmer's original port, and the help of Miui US (specifically lithium76 also known as 0xD34D, scott951, and gatormark08 also known as Mark Hoj). This update is based on the latest Cyanogen 2.3.7 Gingerbread base. Market has been fixed and will auto-update to version 3.4.4. Also included in this update is a modified launcher with customizable grid size (courtesy of lithium76. The modified launcher can be found as a standalone apk here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1460776. Please be sure to hit lithium76's thanks button.

Temporarily until properly hosted on MIUI.us,
    Download Here: 2.2.3
    MD5 Sum - d6f90eced45d5c2d698c16f2c36840b0
    Download Here: 2.1.20
    MD5 Sum - 41c5d78a9fcb83aff273bcdd9767d39d
    20120128_202656.jpg
    20120128_202707.jpg

Fix Widget Alignment Here:
    1. Go to settings>personal>launcher and set the row spacing to 5.
    2. Download the local.prop.zip (attached below)
    3. Extract the local.prop file from the zip, then using any file explorer with root access (Root Explorer, E-Strongs, etc.) copy and paste the local.prop file into /data.
    4. Reboot
    What this does: Changes the lcd density locally (on device only). It will not change the lcd density as read by the market. By default I have the density set to 200, because that's how I like it. You may change that number to whatever you like (default for Nook Color is 160, Miui rom defaults at 240) using the text editor feature in your root file explorer. A reboot will be required for any changes you make to that number to take effect.

ENJOY

Sorry if I've missed something around the posts, but I just downloaded and flashed the new version. When I use Market, I am getting FC again.

What happened here?

thanks

Market version shows 3.4.4

Well, I would have to guess that your wipe was incomplete (not that you did it wrong, but for whatever reason it just didn't completely wipe data).....but don't worry, see below.

Build in Data traffic monitor and firewall (apps monitor) isn`t woring in 1.9.16 and 2.1.20.
    Is it a known issue?
    Or is there a solution?

Data traffic monitor seems to be working ok for me not sure about the firewall. To be honest I've never really tested either of them before, since we don't have data or data plans for the Nook.

Update To All
    I HAVE EXERCISED THE DEMONS!!!
    I have finally squashed the market bug!!!! Will test for a day or so and update to 2.2.3. Be on the lookout for a new build.
    Before everyone starts jumping ship on Miui I am working on the market issues & an update. I'm currently updated to 2.1.20, have a partial solution to the launcher misalignment, and have gotten rid of the no service indicators. Unfortunately Market issues are still present & plaguing me. I'm waiting / hoping for a pm back from andmer before I can go much further.