[ROM][29 March] BinDroid I-Scream XL [Kernel] Stock| Fast and Stable | Online

Search This thread

Schumi 01

Dec 17, 2009
Caerphilly
I don't know whether you would have the adb files so I went for an easy option ;)

Flash this in recovery mate. The icons may appear unchanged on your home screen initially so check them in the app drawer :)

Thanks Ben, that will be far easier for me. :)

EDIT

Just flashed it, Messages worked, but the camera didn't. Not to worry Ben, i can manage with what i got.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

netvpn7

Aug 19, 2010
hi
just wondering that why we need boot.img?

if we have already unlocked bootloader
rooted
cwm
etc etc
is there any particular reason for this change in this ROM only ?

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
hi
just wondering that why we need boot.img?

if we have already unlocked bootloader
rooted
cwm
etc etc
is there any particular reason for this change in this ROM only ?

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA Premium App

All roms come with a boot.img. this is the kernel.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

What meant..is the Chinese boot.img..its only needed once you rooted I think..I not use it if I flash another rom..not sure..if its needed in general..there was no need to to do this on a s-on desire

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester

What meant..is the Chinese boot.img..its only needed once you rooted I think..I not use it if I flash another rom..not sure..if its needed in general..there was no need to to do this on a s-on desire

Ive never done the chinese rom thing. And ics Custom roms all work fine for me aswell :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

webphoenix

Nov 1, 2009
Hi,
one question.

Is there any chance to get the Taskbar/Statusbar (the one with the battery an Time in at the Top) transparent?

I try it with UOT with no function. :confused:

shingers5

Inactive Recognized Contributor

Yea if you try flashing rom without this boot.img it will not boot. If it does boot it will fc and bootloop. As I stated the actual Chinese full rom isn't needed just an option for people who just couldn't get it working after flashing boot.IMG. its same in one x at min as well as need flash boot.img to flash roms based on new update. The main reason is because the recovery on first custom flash doesn't flash boot.img from zip file. That's why its done manually. We have only ever needed to do that once as we have had no real updates till recently and ramdisk hasn't been altered like in one x. Things have changed since desire days mate as xl is partitioned differently. No sdcard as well is a major issue with partitioning. Only reason I know all this is because I tried to flash rcmix 3d without boot.img just recovery and it didn't work. Cappy tried new setting.apk and it didn't work. Then anzhi released his rom on Chinese site and stated issues with boot.img and recovery. Tried it with boot.img flash then his rom it worked. Flashed rcmix3d and it worked hence the conclusion to flash boot.img prior to 1st custom and not again. If however any of the devs modify ramdisk then yep that boot.img from that rom will need to be flashed via fastboot

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium

Last edited:

hannemaster

Oct 4, 2009
Rotterdam
www.hannemaster.nl
Hi,
one question.

Is there any chance to get the Taskbar/Statusbar (the one with the battery an Time in at the Top) transparent?

I try it with UOT with no function. :confused:

Hi,
I was thinking that and I think it's a great idea! so I decided not to wait and mod it myself. Which in turn caused epic headaches, serious braindamage, some bald spots on the head. But eventually I got it LOL

this is how it looks:

and here you can download the modded SystemUI.apk

http://www.4shared.com/file/pvN8WoKx/SystemUI_transparent_statusbar.html

install by running this adb command:
adb push SystemUI_transparent_statusbar.mod /system/app/SystemUI.apk

you can also just rename it and install it any other way you think might work :)

Use at own risk.

for people who want to know: there are 2 things I modified in this apk:
- statusbar.smali
- status_bar_background_draw.png

benjamin.j.goodwin

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 28, 2011
Northampton
Google Pixel 4 XL
Hi,
I was thinking that and I think it's a great idea! so I decided not to wait and mod it myself. Which in turn caused epic headaches, serious braindamage, some bald spots on the head. But eventually I got it LOL

this is how it looks:

and here you can download the modded SystemUI.apk

http://www.4shared.com/file/pvN8WoKx/SystemUI_transparent_statusbar.html

install by running this adb command:
adb push SystemUI_transparent_statusbar.mod /system/app/SystemUI.apk

you can also just rename it and install it any other way you think might work :)

Use at own risk.

for people who want to know: there are 2 things I modified in this apk:
- statusbar.smali
- status_bar_background_draw.png

Nice work! I tried to do this but gave up LOL.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium HD app

Paw12

May 1, 2012
Hi guys!

I have a question.

I seem to get stuck in the bindroid bootloop after installing Bindroid I-Scream.

I went through the process of total wipe, wiping the data,cache and dalvik cache and had even flashed the boot.img but I still get stuck at the bindroid logo with the flashing lights.

The funny thing is Coredroid can be installed into my XL without any problems.
:confused:

Any help?

I really wanna try out BinDroid I-Scream. :(

hannemaster

Oct 4, 2009
Rotterdam
www.hannemaster.nl
Hi guys!

I have a question.

I seem to get stuck in the bindroid bootloop after installing Bindroid I-Scream.

I went through the process of total wipe, wiping the data,cache and dalvik cache and had even flashed the boot.img but I still get stuck at the bindroid logo with the flashing lights.

The funny thing is Coredroid can be installed into my XL without any problems.
:confused:

Any help?

I really wanna try out BinDroid I-Scream. :(

hmm... if you're able to install Coredroid than that should imply that everything is in order... when you're in bootloop, try step 4, 5 and 6 again.

4.Reboot in RECOVERY, flash BinDroid_SensationXL_TotalWipe.zip, download @ bottom of 3rd post
5.Reboot to Bootloader and Flash THIS BOOT.IMG | Commandline: fastboot flash boot boot.img
6.Flash BinDroid.zip

also redownloading all files would make sure there isnt anything wrong with em.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1st Post: General Info | 2nd Post: Rom + Info | 3rd Post: Kernel + Info | 4th Post: FAQ + Mods + Addons

BD_XDA_I-Scream_SXL.png

BinDroid is made to Improve
    Design - Speed - Battery
    giving a new look and feel to your device

Main Rom Developer is Benjamin, Credits go to HIM

THIS ROM IS NOT FOR WEEKLY UPDATES
    ! ! We update if needed, so all who have ORD:confused:.... Try it anyway:D ! !

BD_Gen_Info.png

• Skin made by me (DutchDanny)
    • Optimized 9patch images by me
    • Icons done by DutchDanny & Wanahave
    (free icons from the web modified by me)

• Android 4.0.3 - HTC WWE 2.12.0.0 CL282666 release-keys (Minecraft Zombi.es)
    • Rooted
    • BusyBox 1.19.3
    • Disable bootsound
    • /data/app support and zipaligned
    • /etc/init.d script support (busybox run-parts)
    • Extended Quicksettings
    • Rosie/Notification Tweaks

Apps added to ROM:

• SuperUser
    • ES File Explorer
    • Rom Manager
    • TitaniumBackup
    • Google +
    • adfree

Removed from ROM:

• Polaris Office
    • eReader
    • Teeter
    • Talkback
    • My Task

How to Install

1. Get ROOT on your Device
    2. Get RECOVERY on your Device
    3. Get BinDroid.zip on your Device
    4. Reboot in RECOVERY, flash BinDroid_SensationXL_TotalWipe.zip, download @ bottom of 3rd post
    5. Reboot to Bootloader and Flash THIS BOOT.IMG | Commandline: fastboot flash boot boot.img
    6. Flash BinDroid.zip
    7. Reboot
    8. HAVE FUN
    credits for the method to shingers5

Thanks got to:
    capychimp - port work of runnymede | j4n87 - For the Tweaks in Settings | dsixda - For his kitchen | seo - for his port work & support | madmack - for his files | liorra3 - for his files | Flemmard & DiamondBack - for Mode10tools | tommytomatoe - for his Android Utility | Lee - for his support | Google - for Android & sdk | HTC - for Sense
    Did i forget you? let me know!
    BD_Changelog.png

Code:
    BinDroid I-Scream XL v1.0
    Base: 2.12.0.0 CL282666 release-keys
    #######################################

- Initial Release

DownLoad_BinDroid.png

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for what happens to your phone when you use my ROM and/or Kernel. This all is development. USE AT OWN RISK
    All is tested, but not all chips are made equal

thanks to: joevoo - for download link | shingers5 - for extensive testing and feedback

SCREENSHOTS (does not include device)!

HomeScreen.png
    Google+.png

Notifications.png
    Settings.png

Facebook.png
    Personalize1.png

Personalize2.png
    QuickSettings.png
    BD_Kernel.png

Kernel will be here when source is available
    Me too lol only kidding. Very good rom and a credit to the bindroid stable. Ben is a hard working guys and this is from considerable effort. As usual if bugs are found please report with tact and use common sense. Enjoy

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using xda premium