How to fix your Chinese Samsung Galaxy I9220, (add google market and stuff)

Search This thread
D

da_gud_guy

Hi,
I live in Shanghai, China. Everyone who lives here knows that any phone you purchase here , even good brands (such as Samsung etc..) will not any have google applications installed. It's almost impossible to get these phones fixed without changing their roms, which is inconveneint and dangerous. From my personal experience once you change the rom of your chinese phone to a foreign one, you will never get the optimum performance. I first purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5660 in China. It worked perfectly expect for the fact that I couldn't use any google app. After being unable to add these applications, I finally flashed some rom from Europe. Then the market etc , all google apps worked fine but the performance was bad. Battery life was really poor. Also I changed several roms after that , none of which gave me the same performance which I had with the original chinese rom.

Now I have got a new Galaxy Note (not N7000), in China it's called I9220. I ran in to the exact same problem. No market, no google , absolutely nothing!! After a lot of research I was able to fix it this morning. If you have got the same problem then follow the steps. Here is how you do it!..

(But I must warn you that I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please do it at your own risk).

First use this video guide below :

URL DELETED

//Since this is my first post, I am not allowed to post any links. Please go to the website rootgalaxynote.com and search for the article "how to root ics on galaxy note gt n7000 no computer required".

All credit for this vdeo goes to the guys at rootgalaxynote.

In the above guide follow both recommendations. I mean root your device and then also change your kernel to FrancoICS. Both worked on my I9220 without any problems. My phone started and it was already rooted. Also I got the Clockworkrecovery as the default recovery.

Once you have finished this task, the final task is adding all the google applications. This is quite easy and I did it myself.

1. Go to the website goo.im/gapps and download the latest ICS gapps zip file, currently it is gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.
2. Save it to your external SD card.
3. Reboot into Clockwork recovery mode (you should know how to do this if you have already succesfully rooted your device using the above method)
4. Choose "install zip file from external sd"
5. Find the Gapps file and install it.
6. Done, and restart your phone.

You now have your Original Stock Chinese rom, but it's rooted and you have installed all google applications. Just make a google account and you can use the android market. :)

Even with the google market working , you cannot access many application since you are in China. If you want to be able to download all applications available in the USA for example, then you must also install marketEnabler.

Here's the link :

URL Deleted.

//Just google search market enabler, you will find it very easily.

1. After you install it, run it and choose T-Mobile (USA) and then click Fake this provider now.

Now if you use Google Market, you should be able to install or download almost any app (such as youtube, facebook, skype etc...)

I hope this is helpful to all the foreigners in China who are tortured by Chinese android phones that only come with Chinese bloatware and doesn't allow you to install any English app or access google stuff..

Good Luck!

Note : When I got my new phone today, it already had ICS so this whoe process worked for me. If your chinese I9220 isn't ICS, it's gingerbread, then don't attempt it, because it might not work.

Last edited:

keshwhatsup

Dec 20, 2012
i have the same phone Galaxy Note ( I9220) bought it in china, i am faced with the same problems with Google accounts and no play store i was following ur instructions on first rooting my phone using the galaxy note N7000 method without a computer but am stuck at Press Up Volume + Power + Home android system recovery how do you enter that mode?...plz help me as i bet ur phone is the same as mine

Jul 15, 2011
Delhi
Realme GT 2
i have the same phone Galaxy Note ( I9220) bought it in china, i am faced with the same problems with Google accounts and no play store i was following ur instructions on first rooting my phone using the galaxy note N7000 method without a computer but am stuck at Press Up Volume + Power + Home android system recovery how do you enter that mode?...plz help me as i bet ur phone is the same as mine

first switch off your phone then press the three button combination i.e. power +home +volume up and then when you see it getting started(when your phone model no. is shown up) then release the power button and continue pressing the other two buttons i.e. home +volume up

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Pozz Roth
B

baz77

lol you are funny, Franko kernel was developed at xda, he quit developing, not sure why could have been ungrateful community, Its always had lots of bugs, but if it works for you it works. I wouldnt be surprised the rest originated from xda as well.

You better be careful with cwm. zip its been known to superbrick devices. Safest way to root would be the drPhills superuser and busybox zip, flashable as a upgrade zipbfrom stock recovery.

Last edited:

beto2051

Mar 4, 2013
how to Root the phone galaxy note I9220? can someone help me

good afternoon
I'm new here and would like to Root my phone, but not which program to use
he and a replica of galaXY NOTE I9220 Replica note.
can someone help me?
please

this configuration and it

I 9220 PAD
Modelo: A520
android 4.0.3
Kernel 2.6.32.9
numero da versao 20120926
EMEI -1: 355128115011595
EMEI -2: 355128115011603

System Information
SDK Version: 4.0.3
ID: 20120926
OS Name: Linux
OS Version: 2.6.32.9

DEVICE
Model: A520
Product: A520
Board: Unknown
Brand: Augusta
Fingerprint: augusta/A520/a520:2.3.7/20120926/20120926:user/test-keys

CPU
Name: ARMv6-compatible
Processor rev 6 (v6l)
Current Freq: 312 Mhz
Max Freq: 1001 Mhz
Min Freq: 156 Mhz
Hi,
I live in Shanghai, China. Everyone who lives here knows that any phone you purchase here , even good brands (such as Samsung etc..) will not any have google applications installed. It's almost impossible to get these phones fixed without changing their roms, which is inconveneint and dangerous. From my personal experience once you change the rom of your chinese phone to a foreign one, you will never get the optimum performance. I first purchased a Samsung Galaxy S5660 in China. It worked perfectly expect for the fact that I couldn't use any google app. After being unable to add these applications, I finally flashed some rom from Europe. Then the market etc , all google apps worked fine but the performance was bad. Battery life was really poor. Also I changed several roms after that , none of which gave me the same performance which I had with the original chinese rom.

Now I have got a new Galaxy Note (not N7000), in China it's called I9220. I ran in to the exact same problem. No market, no google , absolutely nothing!! After a lot of research I was able to fix it this morning. If you have got the same problem then follow the steps. Here is how you do it!..

(But I must warn you that I am not responsible for any damage to your phone. Please do it at your own risk).

URL DELETED

//Since this is my first post, I am not allowed to post any links. Please go to the website rootgalaxynote.com and search for the article "how to root ics on galaxy note gt n7000 no computer required".

In the above guide follow both recommendations. I mean root your device and then also change your kernel to FrancoICS. Both worked on my I9220 without any problems. My phone started and it was already rooted. Also I got the Clockworkrecovery as the default recovery.

Once you have finished this task, the final task is adding all the google applications. This is quite easy and I did it myself.

1. Go to the website goo.im/gapps and download the latest ICS gapps zip file, currently it is gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip.
3. Reboot into Clockwork recovery mode (you should know how to do this if you have already succesfully rooted your device using the above method)

You now have your Original Stock Chinese rom, but it's rooted and you have installed all google applications. Just make a google account and you can use the android market. :)

Even with the google market working , you cannot access many application since you are in China. If you want to be able to download all applications available in the USA for example, then you must also install marketEnabler.

Here's the link :

URL Deleted.

1. After you install it, run it and choose T-Mobile (USA) and then click Fake this provider now.

Now if you use Google Market, you should be able to install or download almost any app (such as youtube, facebook, skype etc...)

I hope this is helpful to all the foreigners in China who are tortured by Chinese android phones that only come with Chinese bloatware and doesn't allow you to install any English app or access google stuff..

Good Luck!

Note : When I got my new phone today, it already had ICS so this whoe process worked for me. If your chinese I9220 isn't ICS, it's gingerbread, then don't attempt it, because it might not work.

Chuckkey

Mar 22, 2013
Samsung GT-S7568 China Model

Hi There.

I am new to this site but feel the solution posted would have fixed my problem had I found it before I tried messing around with ROM’s.
I have just returned from Shanghai where I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7568. This model appears to only be available in china from my research. It is an original Samsung product not one of the many fakes out there.
In my attempts to get it to work with an English ROM, being the idiot that I am. I never created a backup of the system. I appear to have soft bricked the phone and I am unable to find a tool that can fix it. I am also unable to find an original stock ROM to attempt to get it back to the original Chinese firmware.
I have tried OneClick and I have also tried a firmware for the GT-S7562 (possibly what caused my current issue). I have found the Samsung official open source download page and have downloaded the correct files from there but have no idea how to prepare them to be transferred to the device as the “read me” file is not much help that came with the download.
Currently the Phone will boot into Download Mode but no matter what ROM I try The Oden Tool keeps failing at the complete Write operation.
I am hoping that I have posted this in the correct forum. If I not I am sorry but it is the closest I could find to my situation.
Any help or direction anyone may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

jeanelkhoury

May 4, 2013
HELP !!

i followed the video from the guide How to Root ICS/Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note GT-N7000! [No Computer Required!] but when i get to the part after i enter the recovery mode and try to install the files i get an error that says :
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

please help i really need to do it......

juejiang

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks, it works for my GT-I9220

Hi,

URL DELETED

Here's the link :

URL Deleted.

Good Luck!

Thanks,my phone is GT-I9220, And this thread truly helps in rooting installing google apps.
What I want to add is to prepare an external sdcard before watching the video,

comscier

ar....
i have the i9220.
All i have to do is odin the stock rom from Hong Kong. (available @ SamMobile)
It is fast and stable, no problem whatsoever, and it has good battery life too. (that is only if you do not activate everything and keep you account in sync as little as possible, i only have google and facebook under sync.)

ziccotuai

Sep 8, 2013
i followed the video from the guide How to Root ICS/Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note GT-N7000! [No Computer Required!] but when i get to the part after i enter the recovery mode and try to install the files i get an error that says :
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted

please help i really need to do it......

i'am new here and new with android...i have this china android too...and i have same this problem...

after go in recovery mode,have this file

android system recovery <3e>
android system recovery utility

reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cacha partition

and i use "apply sdcard:update.zip"

install CWM.zip

__install /sdcard...
finding update package...
opening update package...
verifying update package...
E:failded to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation abored..

can you all help me?:crying::crying::crying:

Last edited:

denffy

Oct 9, 2013
Can't root my chinese mobile! Please give me some hope!

Hy everybody!

As I have bought a chinese samsung mobile, I can't use google play. So I'm trying to root it. I went through many software as Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v30 , SRSRoot for Android , SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse and more. I also tried to do it as it is said in thoses previous post but there is nothing to do...

I think it's because my mobile:

Samsung GT-S7568
Ice cream sandwich 4.0.4

Is only available in China and all thoses software may not support my device.

So here comes my question. Do I have still any chance to take?

Thanks a lot!
Denffy

PS: the mobile is not a fake! ;)

Last edited:

denffy

Oct 9, 2013
Hi There.

I am new to this site but feel the solution posted would have fixed my problem had I found it before I tried messing around with ROM’s.
I have just returned from Shanghai where I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Trend GT-S7568. This model appears to only be available in china from my research. It is an original Samsung product not one of the many fakes out there.
In my attempts to get it to work with an English ROM, being the idiot that I am. I never created a backup of the system. I appear to have soft bricked the phone and I am unable to find a tool that can fix it. I am also unable to find an original stock ROM to attempt to get it back to the original Chinese firmware.
I have tried OneClick and I have also tried a firmware for the GT-S7562 (possibly what caused my current issue). I have found the Samsung official open source download page and have downloaded the correct files from there but have no idea how to prepare them to be transferred to the device as the “read me” file is not much help that came with the download.
Currently the Phone will boot into Download Mode but no matter what ROM I try The Oden Tool keeps failing at the complete Write operation.
I am hoping that I have posted this in the correct forum. If I not I am sorry but it is the closest I could find to my situation.
Any help or direction anyone may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Hey! I got the same phone and the troubles coming with... Did you find a solution since then? I tried many differents softwares to root it but nothing does the job... At least mine is still working cose your story warned me not to use any rom from different mobile. Hope you found something to make it work!
If you have any news...
Thanks,
Denffy

Rrebel37

Jan 1, 2014
Any solution about the GT-S7568 ?

Hey! I got the same phone and the troubles coming with... Did you find a solution since then? I tried many differents softwares to root it but nothing does the job... At least mine is still working cose your story warned me not to use any rom from different mobile. Hope you found something to make it work!
If you have any news...
Thanks,
Denffy

Hi, any solution yet? I have the same problem and can only get my GT-S7568 into downloading mode but that is it. So please help.
Thank you.
René

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

first switch off your phone then press the three button combination i.e. power +home +volume up and then when you see it getting started(when your phone model no. is shown up) then release the power button and continue pressing the other two buttons i.e. home +volume up

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2