Fastforwarding by sliding the progress bar on Xbox Music request

Search This thread

46and02

Apr 18, 2014
Please refer to the following link and Vote to this Feature.
Thanx every Body.(I'm New here, so add "w" before the first character below:D)

ww.xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-suggestion-box/suggestions/4202004-fastforwarding-by-sliding-the-progress-bar

byobge

Apr 12, 2011
Boston
Please refer to the following link and Vote to this Feature.
Thanx every Body.(I'm New here, so add "w" before the first character below:D)

ww.xboxmusic.uservoice.com/forums/209733-xbox-music-suggestion-box/suggestions/4202004-fastforwarding-by-sliding-the-progress-bar

I don't mean to disrespect the request at all - it's currently the most-requested feature on that uservoice page, so clearly you're not alone in wanting it, and I'm all about the Will of the People.

But can I ask why? I get why it's important in hour-long podcast episodes (and I just noticed this morning that the 8.1 podcast app implements it, which is nice), but I've never felt the need to skip forward within a song I was listening to. Skip to the next song? Sure, all the time - but I've never thought, "Ugh, this verse is boring, the next one's WAY better, ARGH."

Obviously, I'm being facetious - but seriously, I'm completely missing the point of the request.

skylr616

Sep 1, 2010
I don't mean to disrespect the request at all - it's currently the most-requested feature on that uservoice page, so clearly you're not alone in wanting it, and I'm all about the Will of the People.

But can I ask why? I get why it's important in hour-long podcast episodes (and I just noticed this morning that the 8.1 podcast app implements it, which is nice), but I've never felt the need to skip forward within a song I was listening to. Skip to the next song? Sure, all the time - but I've never thought, "Ugh, this verse is boring, the next one's WAY better, ARGH."

Obviously, I'm being facetious - but seriously, I'm completely missing the point of the request.

There was a time when there were no decent apps for playing back Audiobooks so that was ONE reason why a seek bar (and maybe bookmarking?!) would have been hugely helpful. There still aren't any that are as simple as drag-dropping the audio files (you have to use RSS or transfer the files from OneDrive). I can imagine listening to recorded lectures, for example, would pose a similar problem.

Pretty much any situation in which you find yourself dealing with relatively large/long audio files.

Last edited:

mcosmin222

May 1, 2012
There was a time when there were no decent apps for playing back Audiobooks so that was ONE reason why a seek bar (and maybe bookmarking?!) would have been hugely helpful. There still aren't any that are as simple as drag-dropping the audio files (you have to use RSS or transfer the files from OneDrive). I can imagine listening to recorded lectures, for example, would pose a similar problem.

Pretty much any situation in which you find yourself dealing with relatively large/long audio files.

Coming soon...