Search This thread

gurr4m

Jan 18, 2015
Chhapra
1. Nope. It comes with the ROM
2. Yes.
3. No idea.
4. ._.

On another note, I'm experiencing a large battery drain with the latest nightly. Anyone else got it?

you mean the latest 02/03 nightly??? Any other probs on the latest nightly??? Can you please help me to flash official CWM 6.0.5.1??? I'm on stock 4.1.2. :confused:

N

notauseranymore

you mean the latest 02/03 nightly??? Any other probs on the latest nightly??? Can you please help me to flash official CWM 6.0.5.1??? I'm on stock 4.1.2. :confused:

Read around the forum more for guides, or use the ones on the first post of this thread. That's how I learnt to install ROMs from scratch

Jamiemeister

Sep 29, 2010
Current best practice

Hi, can someone help me out, I've been reading threads for 3 hours now and got no where.

Basically I have stock, never rooted, N7000 running kernel 2.6.35.7-N70000XXLC1 that I would love to get CM11 on.

What's the current best practice for root and custom recovery?

Many thanks :)

ishanbhatnagr96

Nov 19, 2012
Gurgaon
Hi, can someone help me out, I've been reading threads for 3 hours now and got no where.

Basically I have stock, never rooted, N7000 running kernel 2.6.35.7-N70000XXLC1 that I would love to get CM11 on.

What's the current best practice for root and custom recovery?

Many thanks :)
Flash philz via the stock recovery. That way you'll get cwm. Then flash cm11 ROM+gapps

Reactions: Jamiemeister

Jamiemeister

Sep 29, 2010
Flash philz via the stock recovery. That way you'll get cwm. Then flash cm11 ROM+gapps

Thanks man! I got there in the end thanks to your point in the right direction. My n7000 wasn't directly rootable, that's how I wasted so much time. In the end these were my steps:
  • Downgraded using Odin 1.85 and SGN_XX_OXA_KJ1_FACTORYFS.zip
  • Ran CFROOt for kernal KJ1
  • In recovery flashed: philz_touch_6.48.4-n7000.zip
  • Then could install: cm-11-20150406-NIGHTLY-n7000.zip

happy bunny :good:

ishanbhatnagr96

Nov 19, 2012
Gurgaon
Thanks man! I got there in the end thanks to your point in the right direction. My n7000 wasn't directly rootable, that's how I wasted so much time. In the end these were my steps:
  • Downgraded using Odin 1.85 and SGN_XX_OXA_KJ1_FACTORYFS.zip
  • Ran CFROOt for kernal KJ1
  • In recovery flashed: philz_touch_6.48.4-n7000.zip
  • Then could install: cm-11-20150406-NIGHTLY-n7000.zip

happy bunny :good:
Yes. Just flash philz so that you have a working recovery. Another thing I would suggest is to, flash any kernel of cm11 just before flashing cm11 so that you don't run into any problems. ?

jaeqer

Apr 27, 2015
How is the performance of cm11 on n7000? Any lags or bugs?

There is no lag actually it runs very fast and smooth. Opening apps and apps and apps and still not a bit lag at all, switching between apps and still not a bit lag at all. If you wanna experience 4.4.4 Kitkat with it's best then I would suggest you to flash this rom but know that you won't have the same battery as the stock samsung roms i.e latest 4.1.2 JellyBean. 1% of battery drops every 8 minutes or less while listening to music, watching videos on Youtube results the same too so overall this rom has everything but touchwiz launcher and samsung's stock rom battery life :) And for bugs there was only one that occured: system.ui stopped working. Factory resetting the phone fixed it somehow as I wasn't facing the bug anymore.

Reactions: abdurrhman

abdurrhman

Jul 4, 2012
There is no lag actually it runs very fast and smooth. Opening apps and apps and apps and still not a bit lag at all, switching between apps and still not a bit lag at all. If you wanna experience 4.4.4 Kitkat with it's best then I would suggest you to flash this rom but know that you won't have the same battery as the stock samsung roms i.e latest 4.1.2 JellyBean. 1% of battery drops every 8 minutes or less while listening to music, watching videos on Youtube results the same too so overall this rom has everything but touchwiz launcher and samsung's stock rom battery life :) And for bugs there was only one that occured: system.ui stopped working. Factory resetting the phone fixed it somehow as I wasn't facing the bug anymore.

do the main functions work perfectly in this rom ?

like GPS,wifi direct, shooting 1080p video, all sensors, fm radio, recording audio and other basic things ?

jaeqer

Apr 27, 2015
do the main functions work perfectly in this rom ?

like GPS,wifi direct, shooting 1080p video, all sensors, fm radio, recording audio and other basic things ?

I think and am sure that all basic things work only the camera is not like the stock one, it wasn't as clear and it's quality lacks compared to stock ones (you can search and see that I'm not the only one to face that problem so just in case be noted and prepared for it :) ). But there are always alternatives and you have many on play store, recently I read google camera is a good one to be replaced with :) GL flashing and enjoy testing & experimenting roms ^^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the OFFICIAL DISCUSSION thread for the Official CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Galaxy Note GT-N7000
    For the development thread, head here.

CM11-2_zpsf48da89a.jpg

Code:
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KitKat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, dead cats,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.  
     * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will break it! :P
     * Act accordingly
     */

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]IMPORTANT INFORMATION[/COLOR]

I am not supporting that ROM, I am just releasing for if someone wanna give a try to it until nightlies came out. 
    Also want to say I do not add any mod to this build, is just native one as CM sources are.

If this thread becomes a mess, I'll stop posting CyanogenMod 11.0

We'll not support users and answer questions from users which:
     Are running a custom kernel
     Have flashed mods
     Modified system files
     Didn't follow our intructions word by word
     Are unfriendly

Even if you tell us that your problem is not related to your custom kernel /mod / magic => I DON'T CARE!
    Your mod => your problem![/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]HOW TO INSTALL[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Red"]First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note N7000[/COLOR]:

Read known issues ans FAQs
     Make sure you're running a proper working ClockworkMod-Recovery/TWRP
     Copy Gapps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your Internal/External SDcard
     Boot into Recovery
     Wipe data/factory reset
     Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
     Format System
     Flash CM11.0 zip
     Flash GApps zip from SDCard
     Reboot
     Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
     Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

[COLOR="Red"]Updating from previous version of Cyanogenmod 11.0[/COLOR]:

Copy CM11.0 Zip to your Internal/External SDcard
    Flash the ROM
    Reboot and enjoy![/CENTER]

SCREENSHOTS
    8ajyneja.jpg
    a8edutus.jpg

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]CHANGELOG[/COLOR]:

[COLOR="Red"] 20140220 [/COLOR]:

* Nightlies start rolling out from CyanogenMod Jenkins.

[COLOR="Red"] frantisheq builds[/COLOR]:

* Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA7 20131222[/COLOR]:

* Updated to latest CyanogenMod sources.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA6 20131118[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Videorecording.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA5 20131115[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Root on ART.
    * Selinux on permissive mode.
    * Lockscreen statusbar transparent (thanks to chasmodo).

[COLOR="Red"]BETA4 20131115[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Brightness and AutoBrightness.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA3 20131114[/COLOR]:

* Fixed CWM Recovery.
    * Fixed libsensors.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA2 20131114[/COLOR]:

* Fixed Battery broken.

[COLOR="Red"]BETA1 20131113[/COLOR]:

* First Beta Release.
    * Using stock CM kernel.

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]KNOWN BUGS[/COLOR]

- You tell me

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]DOWNLOADS[/COLOR]

[SIZE="5"][URL="http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=n7000"][COLOR="Cyan"][B]NIGHTLIES[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"][URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942"][COLOR="Green"][B]Gapps for 4.4[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/SIZE]
    [/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"] CREDITS[/COLOR]

Cyanogenmod Team
    Frantisheq for release older builds

[/CENTER]

Code:
    [CENTER][COLOR="Cyan"]SUPPORT[/COLOR]

Android IRC>FreeNode> #cyanogenmod

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running stock cm-kernel
    - have installed any mods
    - have modified system files[/CENTER]

(I am not affiliated in any way to Cyanogen Inc. I just got permission from @herna to start this discussion thread for users of the CM11 NIGHTLIES for our GT-N7000 as there was no discussion thread before)
    Thanks pal for this info. I think its you who suggested the code edits... Hope to see new nighties soon... Can you share if we can download the ROM from repository...

Code merged! :D

I think new nightly can download after a few hours.:D
    Why is there a poll: "Is CyanogenMod the best custom ROM, in your opinion?" ?
    hi, have anyone had any problems when playing music it stops playing and the only way to get music playing again is to restart the phone?
    How is the performance of cm11 on n7000? Any lags or bugs?