Swiftkey vs Swype

Search This thread

mike2518

Sep 13, 2007
Houston, TX
As the title goes, which one do you guys prefer? After playing with swift today, I went back to Swype. I like it better. I am think that even the stock keyboard is nice, but the multitude Swype gestures available on Swype really make it powerful. Keep in mind that I use the Swype/flow functions in these, I almost never tap.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

Last edited:

dlo604

Apr 30, 2012
Vancouver
As the title goes, which one do you guys prefer? After playing with swift today, I went back to Swype. I like it better. I am think that even the stock keyboard is nice, but the multitude Swype gestures available on Swype really make it powerful. Keep in mind that I use the Swype/flow functions in these, I almost never tap.

I was using SwiftKey on my Nexus and actually bought the app well quite frankly I enjoy it more than the stock keyboard.

Also, SwiftKey has a function called 'Float' which is essentially Swype. I still don't use it, but then just love the feel of SwiftKey. Not sure if this feature is available with the free version.

mike2518

Sep 13, 2007
Houston, TX
I was using SwiftKey on my Nexus and actually bought the app well quite frankly I enjoy it more than the stock keyboard.

Also, SwiftKey has a function called 'Float' which is essentially Swype. I still don't use it, but then just love the feel of SwiftKey. Not sure if this feature is available with the free version.

Yea, swiftkey flow is the feature I was talking about when comparing both.

snc74

Jan 18, 2011
SwiftKey Flow (now part of SwiftKey itself) is by far better keyboard than swype, than stock, than anyone. Period. The only one that maybe looks promising is fleksy, and I didn't tried yet, so by now, sk has the best word prediction, imho.

Sent from Tony's Stark stolen device!

lyinelriche

Aug 26, 2012
I'm back on Swype. I was using Swift key flow beta until it expired yesterday. I got a notification that said swift key corrected 175 of my typos. Actually, the typos were due to swiftkey's poor predictive text:rolleyes: I would slowly drag my thumb over N...O...T and the word "not" would be in the predictive box, but as soon as I went to E (for Note), it would change and input the word "busy" .. delete...pound out letter by letter ;)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

dre89

Feb 3, 2010
DFW, TX
Amazon Fire
OnePlus 7 Pro
There's a reason I've used SwiftKey since the alpha. It was the best then and it's only gotten better over time, but I don't really care for the flow/swype stuff, it's not that accurate to me. But I did just use it to type this so it's not too bad on SwiftKey

noted for future reference on my Note 2

dirtbag1975

Jan 3, 2011
I've been using the paid version of SwiftKey for a couple years on my epic 4g, also tested the flow beta on my note 2 when I migrated over. On the Note I prefer Swype, I feel it's more intuitive, and its accuracy is better hence it's faster. I tried the recent SwiftKey update on the paid version that now includes flow, but I still feel it's not as fluid or accurate as Swype. I get 3 times the amount of errors with SwiftKey that SwiftKey creates that I don't get with Swype. I could care less about which one looks better. I prefer functionality over looks.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

I like the numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen on the Samsung keyboard. I love the arrow keys and ten keyboard on the SwiftKey.
When it comes between Swype keyboard and SwiftKey keyboard I would choose SwiftKey. SwiftKey is better in choosing the right words and has more features than Swype.
The only thing I would like to see in SwiftKey keyboard is numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen. Then SwiftKey would be the most perfect keyboard.

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)

Reactions: moSess

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
I like the numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen on the Samsung keyboard. I love the arrow keys and ten keyboard on the SwiftKey.
When it comes between Swype keyboard and SwiftKey keyboard I would choose SwiftKey. SwiftKey is better in choosing the right words and has more features than Swype.
The only thing I would like to see in SwiftKey keyboard is numbers on top, without holding the keys, and hand writing compatibilities with S Pen. Then SwiftKey would be the most perfect keyboard.

Kii keyboard has the swype like functions, plus the top number keys and a great user dictionary. At the end of the day, it's my daily driver. Ymmv.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
I like the stock Samsung keyboard. It has the swype feature.. Why download another app that does essentially the same thing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nothing beats SwiftKey

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app
    Swiftkey on tablets, Swype on phones.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Swift-Kizzle flizow - gets my vizote ;)
    I wanna try the flow thing but I bought my swiftkey from Amazon a while ago and it's still on version 1.1.19. Anyone know if I can upgrade?

I've had a couple of upgrades to my Amazon-bought SwiftKey, this week. Flow is now included.

Summary of Devices

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-T889)
    Android Version: 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
    Build: JRO03C.T889UVALL4 (Rooted)
    Root Method: mrRobinson injected root stock rom
    Superuser: SuperSu Pro v1.0
    Busybox: Busybox v1.20.2

Device: Motorola DROID X
    Android Version: 2.3.3 Gingerbread
    Build: 4.5.605.Accurate_Battery (Rooted)