[Q] Slow widgets after Root ???

Search This thread

XDAPJones

Feb 4, 2014
The widgets were running perfectly when the Nexus 5 was stock (unrooted, locked, stock rom). As soon as I unlocked, rooted but stock rom still, the widgets were slow to load -- 30 seconds. I then insalled DroidKang, and still -- Widgets are slow to load;

I did not, however, check if putting in ART runtime has anything to do with it (it could as I did this after unrooting my phone.)

Anybody has ideas ?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota

charesa39

Aug 19, 2013
Orange County, CA
Just a general observation, but I've seen a fair amount of issues with people using cf auto root. I'd return to stock and then re-root using
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47156064

Me too. Although, I don't think this particular issue is linked to that toolkit. I do everything manually using the guides posted in these forums because I'm just anal and like to know exactly what's going on during each process. Plus, it never hurts to learn. That being said, I have the same issue and I'm stock rooted (also using Xposed + Gravity Box). I do notice this delay in widget loading, but only sometimes. It's pretty inconsistent. I thought it may have been linked to Lightflow, because when I would notice it taking longer, as soon I got the message saying "superuser granted to Lightflow" during startup, all the widgets would finally load. It may be linked to superuser, but what do I know. It doesn't really bother me. I can wait the extra 10-15 seconds for everything to boot up properly.

Reactions: jd1639

XDAPJones

Feb 4, 2014
exact ecnoyst

I understand, I too can be patient; but doesn't that defy the sole purpose of having a nexus 5 -- the fastest phone, to only wait 30 seconds more at boot...?

XDAPJones

Feb 4, 2014
I have unrooted, locked and back to factory, and widgets still seem slow........?!!! But this time it might be because of the missing gapps... I seem to have forgotten to reinstall gapps, I didn't see that step in the Post you have linked to...

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I have unrooted, locked and back to factory, and widgets still seem slow........?!!! But this time it might be because of the missing gapps... I seem to have forgotten to reinstall gapps, I didn't see that step in the Post you have linked to...

You don't install gapps. That's only for some custom roms

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis

Sometimes ROM developers do not include the basic google apps in ROM's so you flash a Gapps package to obtain those apps or some basics of those apps that you do not want. The Gapps are found here for future reference. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2397942

My widgets take a second to load when I start my phone but that is to be expected you can't expect it to load instantly, this phone is not a super computer. Is waiting 30 seconds going to kill you?

You made this exact post in a thread two days ago http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2526607

but yesterday you started a new thread because nobody answered.

Last edited:

XDAPJones

Feb 4, 2014
Obviously, 30 seconds will not kill me. I doubt the pertinence of such question. At the same time, I doubt the pertinence of your presence on this forum.

30 seconds is 25 seconds more than stock. Therefore, there is a problem. Therefore I post here. Therefore I am awaiting smart and constructive advice.

I have put back to stock, and it was OK. I then rooted, unlocked, and still OK. I then installed DroidKang, and immediately the widgets slowed down to 30 seconds again....

Thanks for anybody with pertinent info !

jd1639

Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Obviously, 30 seconds will not kill me. I doubt the pertinence of such question. At the same time, I doubt the pertinence of your presence on this forum.

30 seconds is 25 seconds more than stock. Therefore, there is a problem. Therefore I post here. Therefore I am awaiting smart and constructive advice.

I have put back to stock, and it was OK. I then rooted, unlocked, and still OK. I then installed DroidKang, and immediately the widgets slowed down to 30 seconds again....

Thanks for anybody with pertinent info !

Unless I'm missing something you answered your own question. It's the rom. Check the rom thread to see if others are having similar issues

XDAPJones

Feb 4, 2014
SO FINALLY (!!!) I found out that the problem was (or partly caused by...) The Nova Launcher !! At first boot after install was fine. Then I would restore all my apps, and then this problem would arise. I tested and tested and tested and tested and finally realized that Nova was the problem. Once it was installed, I was doomed. Even after uninstall it would still have the problem. So, I use Apex Launcher now (wow!) and dont install Nova, and its fine :D
:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a general observation, but I've seen a fair amount of issues with people using cf auto root. I'd return to stock and then re-root using
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47156064

Me too. Although, I don't think this particular issue is linked to that toolkit. I do everything manually using the guides posted in these forums because I'm just anal and like to know exactly what's going on during each process. Plus, it never hurts to learn. That being said, I have the same issue and I'm stock rooted (also using Xposed + Gravity Box). I do notice this delay in widget loading, but only sometimes. It's pretty inconsistent. I thought it may have been linked to Lightflow, because when I would notice it taking longer, as soon I got the message saying "superuser granted to Lightflow" during startup, all the widgets would finally load. It may be linked to superuser, but what do I know. It doesn't really bother me. I can wait the extra 10-15 seconds for everything to boot up properly.