[READ FIRST][FAQ]HTC Wildfire General FAQ(05/05/2011)

Search This thread

Skye Menjou

Jul 16, 2009
I am creating this thread to organize the questions and solutions found for the HTC Wildfire.
Please post in this thread and I will add to this post.

Q:I cannot see paid applications in the market.
A:You might not be in an country that has the access to paid applications on the Android Market.
List of supported countries:
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
Czech Republic
Denmark
Finland
France
Germany
Hong Kong
India
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Mexico
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Russia
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
United Kingdom
United States
Android Market locations

Q:Is root available at the moment for the Wildfire?
A:Full Root is only availble for Wildfires without the official 2.2.1 update(HBOOT 1.xx)
The only exception if you can make the Wildfire to have S-OFF with the XTC clip

THERE IS NO OTHER WAY THEN THE HARDWARE UNLOCKER CALLED XTC CLIP

Q: How to unroot/ remove root / remove clockworkmod ?
A: Just download your official ROM, ie RUU***.exe from shipped-roms.com and flash it.

Q:Where do I put MP3 files for notifications, ringtones and alarms?
Put your ringtones to /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones (if doesn't exist create)
Put your notifications to /sdcard/media/audio/notifications (if doesn't exist create)
Put your alarms to /sdcard/media/audio/alarms (if doesn't exist create)

Thanks to zephyri-xr

Assorted info:
XTC clip guide
Cyanogenmod 7 the only stable, fully featured gingerbread rom
Old rooting guide for phones with HBOOT 0.80.x(NOT FROYO)
Forums for questions

Last edited:

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Arranging Screens

How do you easily rearrange (already created) screens (left and right of home screen) without having to remove and recreate again. Thanks

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Wildfire Weather Data

Where does HTC gets the weather data from. Is it from Accuweather ? How do you include cities not found in the list ? Thanks.

Skye Menjou

Jul 16, 2009
You need to find your closest location.
There aren't stations in every city.
Also you drag and swipe your screens for moving htem

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Wildfire Weather Data

Where does HTC gets the weather data from. Is it from Accuweather ? How do you include cities not found in the list ? Thanks.
You need to find your closest location.
There aren't stations in every city.

Thanks for the reply. But that's not what I expected. It's clear now that Desire takes weather data from Accuweather. I remember when I was using WM (Jade) some cities are not listed by HTC (especially the small cities), but data actually exist in the main Accuweather database. (e.g. Labuan is not listed in Wildfire but actually listed in the main Accuweather dbase). These cities can actually be added by modifying/adding to weather.xml file. I am not sure what file is used in (Android) Wildfire. Does anyone know ? and if so how to edit that file ? Thanks.

matteosg

Feb 10, 2009
Are we able to wake the phone using the Optical Trackpad Button? Its quite tedious to use the power button every time.

Matt

azahidi

Dec 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
HTC Sense Graphic Files

Can anyone tell
1) where (which folder does HTC Sense keep their graphic files ?
2) In what format (.png or .bmp)?
3) Can the files be edited/modified ? How ?
Thanks.

Skye Menjou

Jul 16, 2009
Can anyone tell
1) where (which folder does HTC Sense keep their graphic files ?
2) In what format (.png or .bmp)?
3) Can the files be edited/modified ? How ?
Thanks.

Sense Graphics are in the .APKs for sense,
You could modify them with a decompile tool and recompile the apk and theoretically put them back onto the device but you need full root and general knowledge of recompiling an app.

pao9195

Jul 20, 2010
3D Interactive Games

To all Wildfire Users:

Does the Wildfire plays 3D interactive games like Raging thunder,Caligo Chaser,etc?

Thanks

ramdroid77

May 7, 2009
Thanks for the reply. But that's not what I expected. It's clear now that Desire takes weather data from Accuweather. I remember when I was using WM (Jade) some cities are not listed by HTC (especially the small cities), but data actually exist in the main Accuweather database. (e.g. Labuan is not listed in Wildfire but actually listed in the main Accuweather dbase). These cities can actually be added by modifying/adding to weather.xml file. I am not sure what file is used in (Android) Wildfire. Does anyone know ? and if so how to edit that file ? Thanks.

you can tell your phone to retrieve the weather based on your location. it's working fine with me even in small cities.

MartinEve

Aug 1, 2010
You might want to update the root question to include links to the official post from rpearl regarding unrEVOked's effort...

droidd3v

Aug 1, 2010
Guys is there any app that we can use to count the call duration on a monthly basis?

I mean total duration of Incoming calls, Outgoing calls on a month - month basis?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have problem with flashing. Somewhy, I cannot get my ADB driver installed correctly. Can you help me with that too? :p

follow the following steps carefully and hopefully you will have no problem in the end. :)
    Please note that following method applies for windows users only

Steps to Set Up ADB on Windows:
    1. Download latest version of Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html).
    2. Download and install Java Runtime Environment (https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHO...ProductRef=jre-6u20-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer) or Java Development Kit (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk6-jsp-136632.html) if you want to develop Android apps as well.
    3. Extract the zip file (android-sdk_r07-windows.zip) you downloaded in step 1 to (C:) drive such that android-sdk-windows directory in (C:) drive contains SDK Manager.exe.
    4. Click on Available Packages from the left panel and select USB Driver Package, revision 3 from the right panel.
    5. Click on Install Selected button, accept the License Agreement and let SDK Manager download the USB drivers for your phone. Click Close button when done.

6. For Windows 7/Vista Users:
    Navigate to My Computer (Icon)->Properties (Link)->Advanced System Settings (Link)->Advanced (Tab)->Environment Variables (Button)->System variables (Section)->Path (Variable)-> Edit (Button)-> Variable value. Enter the following value.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

7. For Windows XP Users:
    Navigate to My Computer (Icon)->Properties (Link)->Advanced (Tab)->Environment Variables (Button)->System variables (Section)->Path (Variable)-> Edit (Button)-> Variable value. Enter the following value.

C:\android-sdk-windows\tools

8. Connect your phone in USB debugging mode and let the Windows install the USB drivers for your device.
    9. Thats it! You are done. Open command prompt and type adb devices to see the list of devices attached to your computer or type adb shell to go into adb shell mode.
    Android Market

Hi all
    Another new one here! I have just bought my wife a wildfire and we have downloaded one successfully. We cannot now get on to the market, we logon and it comes up with those silly jumbled up words to authenticate but keeps coming up with another and another and........... I have powered off but no luck. It will not even go back to password entery untill you leave it for a few hours, try again still the same. Can anyone help. PLEASE!
    hi all

i am using HTC wildfire in india
    i resent update froyo 2.2.1
    my phone is S-ON any help for how to root my wildfire
    my android version 2.2.1
    baseband version 13.55.55.24H_3.35.20.10
    kernel version 2.6.32.21-g6c55ee4
    build number 2.25.720.1
    HOW TO ROOT
    pls help me

THANKS

You can't, at the moment.

One method can be to find someone with an XTC Clip, get the phone in S-OFF, then root. But, I havent seen any Indian XTC clip owning member post so far.
    Hi All

Noob to Android here. Trying to root Wildfire
    HBoot 0.80.0003
    Radio 3.35.15.31
    Firmware is 2.1 update 1

Have tried using unRevoked 3 but keeps dropping out and asking for retry.
    Have installed HTC Sync for drivers and then uninstalled prog. Have also installed Hboot drivers. Am running WIn 7 HP 64. Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Stransky
    (Douglas Barr)

Try using an older Version on Unrevoked. (3.21 or earlier), and , make sure you are following the guide properly:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=824396

I am going to use the xtc clip to go for s-off. Unfortunately I got the official 2.2 with the 1.01.0001 hboot (that's what called new hboot I guess) and 3.35.20.10 radio.

What rom do you propose? I would like the sence to be installed. What complete packages including rom+recovery+kernel+cpu speed would you suggest?

Thank you

Personally, I have used WildPuzzle, Sunnabh and InsertCoin, all 3 work well. For Recovery, the Stock Clockworkmod 2.5.x installed by Unrevoked should be fine, since you are using Sense based ROMs. In case of the kernel, you only have two choices really, the stock one, and, Jacob's HCDR Kernel, which allows Overclocking. CPU Speeds upto a max of 691 - 710 and min upto 245 should do fine.
    What is buzz? do u mean HTC Wildfire ?

Yes, Buzz = Wildfire. It's the "internal" name of the device.