[ROM][4.2.2] SuperNexus AOSP

Search This thread

Counterfeit7485

Dec 21, 2007
Best battery life of any ROM I've ever had for the epic! I'm currently on 18hours and still have 68% battery life....HOLY CRAP! That's even with a 2 year old stock battery! This ROM is super quick, quicker than cm10.1 with oc'd nitest kernel IMO. This will def be my daily driver if the stability and everything holds up like it has so far! GREAT work on this rom!

Unjustified Dev

Recognized Developer
Oct 21, 2012
Memphis , TN
Best battery life of any ROM I've ever had for the epic! I'm currently on 18hours and still have 68% battery life....HOLY CRAP! That's even with a 2 year old stock battery! This ROM is super quick, quicker than cm10.1 with oc'd nitest kernel IMO. This will def be my daily driver if the stability and everything holds up like it has so far! GREAT work on this rom!

Thanks I knew someone would enjoy stock experience

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

themow

Aug 24, 2011
Philly
I am flashing this now. I am excited to be back on my epic!!!

EDIT:::: I cant believe how snappy this rom is!!!! Amazing work. Am i missing something or is there no option to change the battery indicator into a percentage?

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I am flashing this now. I am excited to be back on my epic!!!

EDIT:::: I cant believe how snappy this rom is!!!! Amazing work. Am i missing something or is there no option to change the battery indicator into a percentage?

There's no such customizations because this is pure AOSP, not CM...

Sent from HTC Incredible S @ PACman v21

jeffreyjicha

Jun 21, 2010
Reno
Is this a Nexus modem ROM? Cause 1. That would complete the "Nexus" experience. IMO
and 2. It would explain themow's issues.

Last edited:

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Is this a Nexus modem ROM? Cause 1. That would complete the "Nexus" experience. IMO
and 2. It would explain themow's issues.

1. IMO a ROM experience that we never have to flash an alternative modem to get is true "Nexus" (Do you flash modems before you turn on a brand-new Nexus 4? :D ) So I'm glad that SuperNexus doesn't force me a modem switch. I think I must have ditched all Nexus modem'd ROMs at hand except Sense 2.1 and MIUI V4 and I hardly use them at all.
2. So as I said, this is an Epic modem ROM. Don't know what else caused the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    supernexusbannerwhite.png

The main idea behind SuperNexus is to provide Vanilla Android experience, just like on Google's Nexus devices, to non-nexus devices. SuperNexus is entirely built from Google's AOSP Source. A lot of improvements and optimizations have been done to the Google's Source Code to have the best possible Vanilla Android Experience. SuperNexus is very light too as there are no 3rd party apps (ZERO Bloatware).

System Details:
    • Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean (JDQ39 - Android-4.2.2_r1)
    • Latest CM Kernel
    • All Jelly Bean Features and Apps (Nothing excluded from AOSP)
    • No Visual Changes!
    • Stock Jelly Bean Look and Feel
    • This will turn your Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G into a Nexus 4
    • Twrp 2.5 built from source

ROM Features:
    • Fully Deodexed
    • Zipaligned APKs
    • Rooted (Super SU)
    • BusyBox Installed
    • No 3rd Party App
    • ZERO Bloatware
    • Android Source Code vastly improved and optimized (i.e. Bionic, Dalvik, Webkit, Framework, libcore, SQlite etc)
    • Official Jelly Bean Bootanimation (From Official Galaxy Nexus Android 4.2.1 Factory Image)
    • Init.d Support
    • Framework Features:
      -Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download & Screenshot Options)
      -Improved Scrolling Cache
      -Tweaked Animation Values Of Progress Spinners (Silky Smooth Loading Spinners)
      -Enabled Rotation Lock Tile in Quick Settings for Phones (Previously was only enabled on Tablets)
      -Increased Lockscreen Widget limit from 5 to 9
      -Enabled Copy/Paste in Gtalk
      -Options for switching between USB Mass Storage and MTP/PTP (On Specific Devices)
    • Camera Features:-
      -Burst Shot (Up to 20 Images at once)
      -ISO Mode
      -Touch Focus Duration
      -Power Shutter (Click Power Button To Capture Image/Video)
      -Color Effects
      -Shutter Timer
      -Zero-Shutter Lag (On Specific devices)
      -Control Zoom using Volume keys
      -Touch-to-focus timeout duration settings
      -Exposure and JPEG Quality settings in Video Mode
      -HDR (High-dynamic-range imaging)
    • Browser Features:-
      -Increased Maximum Tab limit from 16 to 64
      -Incognito Tab Option (When long pressed on an URL)
      -Option To Close All Tabs With One-Click
      -Allowed Any Type Of File To Be Downloaded
      -Enabled WebGL (Ultra smooth browsing)
      -HTML5 WebSockets
    • Phone Features:-
      -T9 Dialer Support
      -Landscape Dialer Support
      -Transparency To Incall Screen
      -Noise Suppression
    • Miscellaneous Features:
      -Allowed Installation Of Apps From Unknown Sources By Default
      -Allowed Any Type Of File To Be Sent/Received Via Bluetooth
      -Disabled Data Roaming By Default
      -Removed Google's Software Updates Option from Settings
      -Enabled Gesture Input By default
      -Hardware Information of the device (Settings>About Device>Hardware Information)

Officially Supported Devices:
    Known Issues
    • Found one ? Report it.

Screenshots:
    screenshot2013010109102.png
    screenshot2013010109102.png
    screenshot2013010109103.png
    screenshot2013010109103.png
    screenshot2013010109104.png
    screenshot2013010109110.png
    screenshot2013010109111.png
    screenshot2013010109131.png

Requirements:
    • Clockworkmod Recovery (CWM)
    • Team Win Recovery (TWRP)

Instructions:
    • Copy Google Apps and SuperNexus ROM to your SD Card
    • Enter Recovery
    • Do a Wipe/Factory Reset (Necessary if coming from a different a ROM)
    • Flash SuperNexus ROM
    • Flash Google Apps
    • Reboot your device!

Downloads

Latest Build Thanks Bthorne79:

Google Apps:
    Source Code:

Thanks

Code:
    [url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2076650]Faryaab for wonderful thread and images[/url]
    SuperNexus Creator
    Google
    Yea, I check his Goo.im a couple times a day to see what new tidbits have turned up! lol
    He posted a new TRaK on the 17th, but that's his "basically stock" kernel, according to him. I think I might have n00bed him to death though, he hasn't responded to my PMs from last weekend :eek: haha Wherever he's lurking, he might be interested to know that the latest Nitest that Didhy compiled fixed the my Voodoo Colors issue I had been bugging him about :D

Bad at keeping track of xda messages. The latest track is 3.0.72 kernel instead of stock 3.0.56 thanks to didhiy. Same no mdnie, tweaked govs and io sched, and some other small improvements. More to come later. Hope to get the files to unjust tomorrow or tonight if he's up in 5 hours

Working on a nitextxfc release still, minor issues on that, and mainly working on xylon. Got the bt issue mostly figured out so its almost good to go.
    Bad at keeping track of xda messages. The latest track is 3.0.72 kernel instead of stock 3.0.56 thanks to didhiy. Same no mdnie, tweaked govs and io sched, and some other small improvements. More to come later. Hope to get the files to unjust tomorrow or tonight if he's up in 5 hours

Working on a nitextxfc release still, minor issues on that, and mainly working on xylon. Got the bt issue mostly figured out so its almost good to go.

you can update the version by applying incremental patches
    https://www.kernel.org/diff/diffview.cgi?file=/pub/linux/kernel/v3.x/incr/patch-3.0.72-73.xz
    download and extract the patch, then
    patch -p1 < patch-3.0.72-73
    do the same for each update
    ...[*]This will turn your Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4G into a Nexus 4

LOL let's say it doesn't, when you only flash the ROM you turn your device into a Nexus S because by default you don't get Nexus 4-ish onscreen nav keys, and (I say it again) modding this out via build.prop will make the OSN look big and ugly. So here, to make this ROM match the "Nexus 4" promise, here I packaged a modded framework-res flashable zip to enable a SIZE-MODDED onscreen nav key experience.

Screenshot:
    1zh2ka0.jpg

1zv8xah.jpg

As usual I don't guarantee the zip will work so back it up before flashing!
    Link
    Don't forget to use Nova/Apex/Holo to create a shortcut for "Advanced Settings" app and disable capacitive key lights!! You know that looks BEAUTIFUL! :)

@unjust Maybe consider adding this to OP? :D
    Not to step on unjust toes but this is his build with apns swapped with stock CM can some one please try this
    Just trying to help out the OG's
    http://db.tt/tq51jii5

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app
    Please hit the thanks if I helped you.

Anyone having an issue with MMS not sending? I'm trying to send a text to multiple people, but it says "Sending".

Right above you

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app