Chinese Rom to European

Search This thread

rdhshanghai

Apr 23, 2014
Hi all,

Sorry for obviously being a noob. I am from Western Europe but bought my HTC Desire 816 in China and of course, as expected, there are no Google apps on it and even when I install Google Play store manually it doesn't launch the app.

I am thinking about whether or not I can put a different rom on the phone, a European (Dutch) one, or how does that work ?

Can anyone give me some advise please :)

Thanks!

kinghunki

Dec 20, 2009
LanZhou
htcui.com
Hi all,

Sorry for obviously being a noob. I am from Western Europe but bought my HTC Desire 816 in China and of course, as expected, there are no Google apps on it and even when I install Google Play store manually it doesn't launch the app.

I am thinking about whether or not I can put a different rom on the phone, a European (Dutch) one, or how does that work ?

Thanks!

You can use the European version of the ROM:fingers-crossed:

spykid3000

Jan 26, 2011
Hi all,

Thanks!
so far there is only this rom http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2712315

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington

jason macintosh

Jun 1, 2014
Now you have the European version too from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52995489. But this is a single sim version. If you or anyone happen to find the dual sim english version, that would be of very help for me as I have soft bricked it recently and unable to find the RUU for that.

sorry to bother you
but can i flash this if i am using a dual sim version
will i be able to flash back to dual sim system when there is a rom came out ?

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington
Unfortunately you cannot do that. You have to wait for the proper dual sim English version like me.

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Free mobile app