Accessories - better for Red or White Nexus 5

Search This thread

kpjimmy

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio TX
Nothing Phone 1
Google Pixel 7
Pretty much exactly like that!

I have a black carbon fiber skin waiting here, but also white carbon fiber and orange glow skins on the way. still debating which one to put on the phone first!

Hmmm...there's an eerie similarity between that pic and BACON :p!

Not sure why...

WGfHgPU.png

bacon+2.jpg

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
I think it will look even better in person. You need to embrace your inner love for psychedelic colours my friend! Who wouldn't love Neon Red Orangeish?

Haha I like neon colors but I'm not really a fan of neon red. The red that is shown in the picture really is a nice tone but too bad it doesn't really look like that :(

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Haha I like neon colors but I'm not really a fan of neon red. The red that is shown in the picture really is a nice tone but too bad it doesn't really look like that :(

That's why I'll be covering most of it up! Just the Nexus lettering that pops and the sides of the phone will keep it looking classy with just enough insanity tossed. I think once I show my completed pictures with the bumper and tempered glass on it, might change your mind.

FuMMoD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 11, 2009
South Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
That's why I'll be covering most of it up! Just the Nexus lettering that pops and the sides of the phone will keep it looking classy with just enough insanity tossed. I think once I show my completed pictures with the bumper and tempered glass on it, might change your mind.

Definitely looking forward to that!

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
OMG it's so !@#$ing RED!

It's seriously the brightest, neon, punch you in the face red I've ever seen! It's making my eyes bug out! Haha

Last edited:

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg

Indeed I do. I'm going to have to keep the phone skinless for a few days. Once I get the rest of the SW skins in, I'll choose which to put on.

This is such an asshole red though hahah. It's just so purposely obnoxious and in your face IRL! Also, I'm going to need to skin it because despite my liking the colour, it currently clashes will damn near all of my accessories.

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg
Since I have a shiny new + skinned Red 32GB, I've put this bundle up on ebay. I bought so many accessories that this barely made a dent... It's my old Black 32GB that's still in great shape minus the cracked screen. It's set at US $269.95 + 24.53 shipping to Canada/US. It is that much to try and offset all of the ebay/paypal fees that go along with it. If any XDAers from Canada/US are interested though, I'd be willing to discount it of course because it would just be paypal and not ebay.

Outside of Canada/US I'm not so sure about because I don't know all of the import fees and shipping costs etc. But let me know and maybe something can be worked out.

So, any XDAers who want a nice summer DIY project of screen replacement can get a pretty big bundle of stuff. :laugh:

Sorry though, don't want to break the bundle up. I'd like to offload the whole thing. PM if interested.

NLMywVg.jpg

Vanilla Pudding

Jun 18, 2012
Since I have a shiny new + skinned Red 32GB, I've put this bundle up on ebay. I bought so many accessories that this barely made a dent... It's my old Black 32GB that's still in great shape minus the cracked screen. It's set at US $269.95 + 24.53 shipping to Canada/US. It is that much to try and offset all of the ebay/paypal fees that go along with it. If any XDAers from Canada/US are interested though, I'd be willing to discount it of course because it would just be paypal and not ebay.

Outside of Canada/US I'm not so sure about because I don't know all of the import fees and shipping costs etc. But let me know and maybe something can be worked out.

So, any XDAers who want a nice summer DIY project of screen replacement can get a pretty big bundle of stuff. :laugh:

Sorry though, don't want to break the bundle up. I'd like to offload the whole thing. PM if interested.

NLMywVg.jpg

@mmmmBACON Is the offer still on ?

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
Those of you with Red phones, how do you think it look accessorized? Same for the White Nexus owners? Would you switch colours if given the choice?
I have the red N5, and my case is the Ringke Fusion Crystal View clear case. I love the red color, and didn't want to cover it up. Looks great. I also bought a couple of "official" bumper cases when I want a different color/look.

mmmmBACON

Mar 3, 2011
Winnipeg

If you had seen this maybe a week earlier then yes. The phone, the puck charger, and the bumper cases have been sold. I had to break up the bundle...

I still have all of the quicksand cases (minus the pink), the superman case, the tilted Qi charger, and a Q8 charger that are still up as a bundle I guess. But if you were looking for a phone project, sorry.

Reactions: Vanilla Pudding

dunni88

Aug 29, 2011
Cedar Falls
Indeed I do. I'm going to have to keep the phone skinless for a few days. Once I get the rest of the SW skins in, I'll choose which to put on.

This is such an asshole red though hahah. It's just so purposely obnoxious and in your face IRL! Also, I'm going to need to skin it because despite my liking the colour, it currently clashes will damn near all of my accessories.

Haha, that's a good term for it: asshole red. I have been calling it blaze-red because it reminds me of the blaze orange I used to wear deer-hunting. I've also called it rorange because it's more orange than red.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dang man.. that was so disturbing pic..
    that's the bad thing when you have dog stay on your home...
    my nexus never had a cover installed cuz it's make the sexyness gone...
    it's like putting condom into the phone... yuks
    I've had a white nexus 5 and now have a black.

I know this wasn't really your criteria but I personally do not like glossy black plastic. It scratches easily and feels cheap and ultimately would make me NOT want to ever use my phone naked.
    That alone would be enough for me to go for the red variant. That's just me though

Yeah, the glossy black plastic on the sides of the white phone are a bit of a downer. I really like how my black phone was completely matte throughout. Wasn't the biggest fan of it being a fingerprint magnet though, but the matte is so nice.

Hey mmmmmBacon f**k, I'm really sorry....to be honest I have the black one and I love it but the red/orange is awesome! If I was getting one right now I would probably goes for the red with a clear case. But if you want to try skins like dbrand and slickwrap better is to go with the white(star trooper) version. Take a look here http://youtu.be/qauddPrHLqU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah it sucks... After all the trouble I took to make sure my cases didn't even scuff up the corners, my dog's tail screws me over. But it is what it is, can't be prepared for everything...

I think I'm leaning towards the red though. Red and black colour combo is nice, and I think once I put the black carbon skin on, the red Nexus lettering would look really good. Along with a red bumper case, I think the look would be fantastic.
    Okay, so I have a Slickwraps Black Carbon Fiber rear skin on the way, and several bumper cases coming in to match the skin. Everything was going according to plan, until my lovely dog, went hyper and wacked my pristine and perfect Black Nexus 5 off the coffee table and half way across the room with it's tail... So despite me babying my phone and keeping it perfect, it was all undone by the wag of a tail. :crying:

I thought it would be fine because it's thick carpet on the floor, but I guess the screen hit the corner of my entertainment center and it is utterly smashed. The phone still works perfectly, touch inputs and all, just the battle scars... I am just going to ebay it and buy a new one, as the cost of fixing the screen, plus shipping, labour, long time/turnover without a phone, etc. is not worth it. And the collection I'll be putting up on ebay should get me a good chunk back (phone+all accessories, 8 cases, Qi charger).

Why Doggy Why??
    4McGHI7.jpg

Anyway, I'm torn between getting a Red or a White phone as my replacement. So instead of choosing based on just colour preference (I like both so can't decide) I thought I would go by what phone would look better once it's been accessorized.

So given that I will have some bumper cases, quicksand cases, skin on the back for a while, and anything else I decide to buy down the road (like a tempered glass dog protector); What colour do you fellas think I should buy?

Those of you with Red phones, how do you think it look accessorized? Same for the White Nexus owners? Would you switch colours if given the choice?

Awww dawg! Sorry that happened! I like your thought of red using a black cf to show the nexus logo. I think the outline and logo would look great.
    I just use a clear case with my red one. I can't imagine covering it up personally. Though I have imagined getting a green skin for a watermelon type of look. But I ain't pulling the trigger on that anytime soon.

Can you throw up some pictures of that phone in a clear case? I really want to see actual pictures of how it looks.

As for the OP's question, go with Red! I got one last week and it looks amazing! I love how the red wraps around the sides and contrasts with the buttons and outlines the screen. It looks great.

As I'm sure you already know though, it isn't really red. It's kind of a florescent red/orange. Can I coin the term "rorange" nexus? Is there a better nick-name for it on XDA? I really would have preferred to wait and see if they come out with a blue one, but I got an offer on my old phone so I went with Red.

As far as case style goes, I've been debating 3 types.
    The first is this Red Transparent/Matte back TPU:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slim-Flexib...0023&prg=20140127091515&rkt=4&sd=390731416398

it happens to be only 99 cents for some reason. It's shipping from the other side of the planet, so It'll be here for about a month. They also have a grey transparent one that I have been considering.

The second is actually the quicksand cases you've recommended. The sand finish just looks so fantastic to me. I think the black or grey on the red nexus would look really good. The red would also be great, but I fear they would not match the color and it would look tacky. The problem for me is that I need drop protection. I really wish they had this texture in a full TPU or hybrid style case.

The third, and what I expect to be my daily driver is the Ringke Fusion hybrid. Black bumper with solid protection around the sides, and the rorange showing through the back. And if I ever decide I'm sick of seeing the back of the nexus, I can throw some picture or something in there.

Anyway, let me know what you ended up deciding and if you have any ideas on other stuff. I read on your tilted qi charger and the quicksand cases and both posts were extremely well written and informative.

If you had seen this maybe a week earlier then yes. The phone, the puck charger, and the bumper cases have been sold. I had to break up the bundle...

I still have all of the quicksand cases (minus the pink), the superman case, the tilted Qi charger, and a Q8 charger that are still up as a bundle I guess. But if you were looking for a phone project, sorry.