[Q] Opinion/Suggestion on upgrading modem and baseband on AT&T S4

Search This thread

sway8966

Mar 17, 2012
Odessa
Dear All,
A year ago, I bought the AT&T S4 SGH-I337. The android version was 4.2.2. Before I activated the phone, I rooted with motor chopper. The phone came with MDL baseband and modem. Before the MF3 OTA, I flashed the Clear Rom 1.0. Later I upgrade it to Clear Rom 1.5. The phone stays at MDL.

A year later, I want to upgrade to Kit kat so I flashed Golden Eye 29. Wifi and phone works fine. Except the occasional application freezed up in some app the phone was fine.

Today, I flashed Golden Eye 30. My baseband and modem still at MDL.

My question being... Should I upgrade my baseband and modem to the new version or just stay at MDL.
If I should upgrade my baseband and modem which version do you suggest?
Thanks in advanced,
Andrew

AxlxA

Jun 17, 2013
Stay on AMF. It's the only one where you can install loki and flash any roms to your hearts content! Otherwise you won't be able to install non TouchWiz roms.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sway8966

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Dear All,
A year ago, I bought the AT&T S4 SGH-I337. The android version was 4.2.2. Before I activated the phone, I rooted with motor chopper. The phone came with MDL baseband and modem. Before the MF3 OTA, I flashed the Clear Rom 1.0. Later I upgrade it to Clear Rom 1.5. The phone stays at MDL.

A year later, I want to upgrade to Kit kat so I flashed Golden Eye 29. Wifi and phone works fine. Except the occasional application freezed up in some app the phone was fine.

My question being... Should I upgrade my baseband and modem to the new version or just stay at MDL.
Thanks in advanced,
Andrew

Stay on AMF. It's the only one where you can install loki and flash any roms to your hearts content! Otherwise you won't be able to install non TouchWiz roms.

Updating the modem alone using the recovery flashable zips won't upgrade the bootloader, so that's not an issue. Just don't try to use ODIN packages to do it. You can experiment and see which modem works best. The thread for them is in the general section.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0

Reactions: sway8966

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Dear All,

Thanks in advanced,
    Andrew

Updating the modem alone using the recovery flashable zips won't upgrade the bootloader, so that's not an issue. Just don't try to use ODIN packages to do it. You can experiment and see which modem works best. The thread for them is in the general section.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running BlackBox 3.0