Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

mnongkhlaw

Jul 15, 2011
Couldn't get it to work on SGS2 and WinXP

Used DooMLoRD's Easy Rooting Toolkit [v3.0](zergRush Exploit):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1321582

for rooting my phone (SGS2). Then I followed this guide to the letter, but couldn't browse from the phone with either stock browser or Opera. My PC is WinXP.

I could ping the phone from the PC and vice versa.

Is there anything else I need to check? Do I need to bridge my PC LAN and Android connection on my PC?

Last edited:

rahulparekh

Nov 3, 2011
Mumbai
Can you help me make it work in my case? Any other su commands I can use? Does it require a bridge? I notice that the commands in this guide are a bit different from those on this site :

http://bullno1.blogspot.com/2011/07/reverse-tethering-on-android.html

:confused:

The link you gave has few commands than here. The commands are the same, just fewer.

And no bridging is required. It works by sharing your broadband connection with the phone LAN connection.

Anyway here are two slightly different shell scripts which worked for me. Hopefully they work for you too.

Attachments

• reversetether.rar
    571 bytes · Views: 246

rahuliyer95

May 5, 2011
San Francisco
www.youtube.com
USB-Drivers

Sorry. For a long break..

I found a way for those facing a problem with drivers..
You can download all the drivers you require for Windows XP / VISTA / 7 from HERE.

I will try and upload the method for using these drivers as soon as possible..

If you know how do it, Then

tetherxp.inf - is for Windows XP (Don't know whether it works with lower versions?)
wceisvista.inf - is for Windows Vista & 7 (All Service Packs I hope)

I tried it on CM7 & Nightlies(2.3.7). It works Fine

If anyone is using a Froyo Rom with SENSE, then you must have a SIM Card inserted or you won't get USB tethering option on your phone.

Thanks for all your support..

Currently working on HTC's Internet Pass-Through Mechanism.. Surely will try to bring Android Market to work as soon as possible.

You may try Internet Pass-Through on SenseOnFire v0.4bhttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1269485http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1269485

rahulparekh

Nov 3, 2011
Mumbai
OK, so are commands on that link I gave enough?

Thank you for the scripts, but how do I invoke them from the terminal app?

I don't know about them being enough. The OP would be better off answering that question.

You can download an app called script manager from the market which runs sh scripts.

To run it via terminal emulator
su
cd sdcard
bash teth.sh

Assuming teth.sh is the filename and it's located in sdcard directory.

wildfiredbest@naman

Jul 8, 2011
plz help

i m a wildfire user..!! i have read ur OP and when i plug my phone to USB and clicked usb tethering, in my computer there comes a pop up box saying found new hardware> android phone> device not installed and might not work properly...then i checked network places there was no option of my phone ...now what to do?? is there any driver proble..if yes plz share the linl to download all usb driver ndis drivers and all tethering drivers...

plz help bro..!!:confused:

S

sk2808

Thnxx m8..
Gr8 work.. worked for me..! :D

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

Although market open and works well, I can't download anything form it..
An error pops up saying "Error processing purchase. [DF-BPA-13]"
What does it mean and any way solve this issue..?!?!

Shubham87

Feb 1, 2011
Mumbai
Downloading problem

Got reverse tether working again. Sadly ASProxy won't start saying no valid data connection. And so we still search for a way to enable downloads...

Even I can't download anything from market, PicsArt, or any other app..
Reverse tether only helped in browsing.. but not for downloading..!
Please look for a solution asap.. I liked your guide a lot.. Hope you are able to enable downloads..!:fingers-crossed:

wildfiredbest@naman

Jul 8, 2011
hi rahuliyer...nyc post bro..

bro as u hv said in ur op that wehn we plug our wildfire in the computer the networ connection will be made...bro but no connection, or no adapter is made...bro can u plz help me???wat to do bro???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My First Guide. Hope it Helps..

HOW TO REVERSE TETHER YOUR PHONE / INTERNET PASS THROUGH

Reverse Tethering / Internet Pass through is the method in which you can make your android phone use the internet connection of your computer without a WIFI and by using a usb cable. It is helpful for those people who don’t have a WIFI at their place and for those who don’t have a good internet plan for their mobile.

BASIC REQUIREMENTS

• Rooted Phone With S-OFF
    • SuperUser [QR Code]
    • BusyBox [QR Code]
    • Terminal Emulator [QR Code]
    • Windows O.S. [I am using Win-7]
    • USB Cable for your phone

THE PROCESS

Connect Your Android Phone to your PC. Make sure you are rooted and have terminal emulator installed. Turn on USB Tethering from

SETTINGS -> WIRELESS AND NETWOKRS -> TETHERING AND PORTABLE HOTSPOT -> USB TETHERING.

Screen

Next you will get a new connection in your PC. Open Networking and Sharing Center from

CONTROL PANEL -> NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER

You get a scene in a similar manner.
    Screen

Now There will be one connection which will be your Main Net Connection and the Other one will be your Android Phone’s Created Connection for tethering. Click on your main net connection i.e. the one you use for Connecting to net Local Area Connection(in my case).
    You will get the following screen.

Screen

Now click on Properties.After this click on sharing and tick on Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection and click ok for any dialog box shown and click ok to come back to the main networking screen.
    Screen

Now click on the new connection made by the android phone Local Area Connection 2 (in my case)
    You will get the following screen

Screen

Click on properties. Then go to Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click on properties.
    Screen

Now You need to enter 192.168.2.1 in IP address and enter 255.255.255.0 in Subnet mask and keep remaining things empty.
    Screen

PART ON THE PHONE

NOTE:- ALL CODES HAVE TO BE WRITTEN WITHOUT QUOTES

Open Android Terminal on the Phone and type "su". Provide it superuser permissions.
    Screen

Now type “ifconfig usb0 192.168.2.2 netmask 255.255.255.0”
    Screen

“busybox route delete default”
    Screen

You may get an error here but it does not matter.

Now type “iptables –F –t nat”(* -F in caps is must)

Then type “busybox route add default gw 192.168.2.1”

Screen

“setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8”
    Next (setprop “net.gprs.http-proxy” “” ) [*Note :- here the code is written in bracket to avoid confusion.. The quotes(“”) are required.

Screen

CONGRATS.... YOU ARE DONE!!

RESULTS

• Works on Android Browser.(FOR ME)
    • Works on Opera & Opera Mini.
    • Works on XDA Premium App.
    • DOES NOT Work on Android Market.(Finding a Solution... if anyone gets it working please tell)
    • You may need to repeat this process each time you connect the phone to PC.
    • Works even without a SIM inserted.
    Nice guide
    To enable the market click settings under the sharing tab and add a new service called market with the port number 5228.