Get Chrome from market if you are on ICS

Search This thread

kr3w1337

Jan 7, 2009
It was the second thing I downloaded after nova launcher.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

trajik78

Mar 27, 2012
New York City
i love Chrome. seems a ton slicker and faster than any of the other browsers. my old fav was stock, but the tabbing is great and on tiny buttons the magnifying glass is great for hitting the right link.

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Chrome is nice but unfortunately adobe confirmed today that they will not be working on flash for the chrome browser at all. Flash is a deal breaker especially for an android device browser.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

geoldr

Feb 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
Why is flash so important for you guys? Most videos are linked through youtube, which will always work, or HTML5. All the flash stuff that I see loaded on my phone is advertisements which make it slow. Ive disabled flash on my phone because I just dont see a use for it.

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Not everybody watches YouTube videos. I like to watch my shows at work and other videos from websites that don't use youtube .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Reactions: tiger12490

hollywood74

Oct 11, 2007
Houston, TX
www.facebook.com
Chrome has been great for me. Syncs across my phone, home computer and work computer. I flash a lot of ROMs and I don't have to keep re-saving bookmarks. Love how the google account sends the bookmarks to the stock browser too on ICS.

Also, desktop mode was enabled on the latest update. Just press menu while in the browser and you will see a check box

Last edited:

gravi2

May 22, 2008
same issue. Chrome force closes. I have tried clearing the cache data and even reinstalled it couple of times.

I am on 4.0.3 , UCALC4 and sensation rom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

droidfoshizzle

Feb 24, 2011
I love it.. love how the tabs work as well as it feels so natural for mobile devices.

Chrome was working perfectly for me while I had a rom with the first radio (UCLC4). Now that I've updated the radio from UCLC4 to UCLD2 no matter what rom I load I can't get Chrome to run. It shows the initial screen, vibrates, then about a minute later vibrates 3 times then force closes.

I'm not a developer so I can't say exactly what's going on, but from my perspective it seems to be the new radio.

deezhemi

Apr 4, 2011
Atlanta
Chrome was working perfectly for me while I had a rom with the first radio (UCLC4). Now that I've updated the radio from UCLC4 to UCLD2 no matter what rom I load I can't get Chrome to run. It shows the initial screen, vibrates, then about a minute later vibrates 3 times then force closes.

I'm not a developer so I can't say exactly what's going on, but from my perspective it seems to be the new radio.

Hrm, I've had Chrome working fine on both Sky ICE UCLD2 and NexusMod ICS Zero (also UCLD2 based). Did you update the ROM to one based on the newest ICS leak as well as the radio?

gravi2

May 22, 2008
same issue. Chrome force closes. I have tried clearing the cache data and even reinstalled it couple of times.

I am on 4.0.3 , UCALC4 and sensation rom.

Just to be clear, it started giving me errors only after getting the latest chrome, no other change.

crispy1805

Oct 3, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5

Mine does the same. I did upgrade the modem though. I'm using the newest ICS alien build.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts