Desire Z stuck on htc logo

Search This thread

czajnik

May 1, 2010
Hello, i've got desire z, it stuck on htc logo, i've flashed recovery from fastboot and flash custom rom from recovery and nothing happen. What else can i do? I've rom with aroma installer and in info's about system is ;
Model Desire Z
Name htc_vision
Device name Vision
Board Name Vision

cpu armeabi -v7a
lcd destiny 240

System Size 549 / free 345
Data size 1157 / 1156 free

/mnt/sdcard -1mb
free -1mb

sdcard size -1mb
free -1mb

sd ext -1mb
free -1mb
@edit
bootloader say to me,
vision pvt ship s-on
hboot-0.85.0015
mcrop-0425
radio - 26.10.04.03_m

emmc-boot

bootloader didn't see PC10IMG.zip

Last edited:

czajnik

May 1, 2010
You will need to flash kernel through fastboot to run most common ROMs with your current setup, may I suggest to root with gfree, more info here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2348266

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_vision#Rooting_the_Desire_Z

this tutorial don't work, i can't get to

Connect the HTC Desire Z to the computer via USB.
Make sure USB debugging is enabled on the HTC Desire Z by checking Settings » Applications » Development » USB debugging.

in fastboot adb push busybox /data/local/tmp/
gave me no device, but if i try to flash kernel via fastboot flash kernel xyz.zip i have a signature error

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
adb only works in os and recovery, fastboot is when in bootloader
You are best off to root with gfree but at this point you need to return to stock or at least get a working os and downgrade radio, so for now flash a ROM in your recovery and the extract the kernel and flash it in fastboot
fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

czajnik

May 1, 2010
adb only works in os and recovery, fastboot is when in bootloader
You are best off to root with gfree but at this point you need to return to stock or at least get a working os and downgrade radio, so for now flash a ROM in your recovery and the extract the kernel and flash it in fastboot

i've got only ruu.exe for this, i can't find stock rom in .zip file

i forced ruu from fastboot and it fails after sending img in ruu, signature, error 155 in ruu
after next couple tries i've got 130 error, wrong Model ID Error

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
You don't have superCID so most RUUs won't work, at this point take any ROM, flash it in recovery, extract the kernel from this ROM .zip (boot img) and the use fastboot to flash it
This will get you a working os
Now you need to follow the guide to downgrade in order to allow gfree to run its exploit as the radio version you have is too high
All this can be found in the thread I linked you to but feel free to ask further questions as well

czajnik

May 1, 2010
screenshu.com/static/uploads/temporary/5v/ev/rl/31trs6.jpg

even if i try flash another recovery, zip or anything from fastboot. From recovery i can flash rom but it don't start.

status on top bootloader is relocked

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Can't see your link
You may have ran something that locked your bootloader which will make things very tricky unless you still have a custom recovery. If you don't you will need to fine a ruu that is a newer version than you have now. See the stickies in the Dev section here for vision ruus and use the newest to be flashed through bootloader

czajnik

May 1, 2010
Can't see your link
You may have ran something that locked your bootloader which will make things very tricky unless you still have a custom recovery. If you don't you will need to fine a ruu that is a newer version than you have now. See the stickies in the Dev section here for vision ruus and use the newest to be flashed through bootloader

in link is screen from cmd, FAILED( remote: 12 sygnature veryfi fail). If i can belive info in ruu, i have 2.xxx.000 but ruu had 2.xxx.885 and it gave me 130error Model Id. I have tw recovery but it isn't to good for me, but has a FileManager.

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
TWRP recovery? If so flash a stock based ROM in there so you don't need to flash kernel, try virtuous g lite

czajnik

May 1, 2010
TWRP recovery? If so flash a stock based ROM in there so you don't need to flash kernel, try virtuous g lite

TWRP fail, fastboot signature fail, after rebootRUU and flash zip vision.zip also signature

TWRP said, assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Hold on, slow down a bit, don't keep flashing just anything or you could put yourself in a harder place than you are now
So you do have twrp recovery right now correct? And you flashed virtuous g lite and got this error correct? If so let me know, don't do any thing else, and we will find a ROM that will flash that has stock kernel

czajnik

May 1, 2010
Hold on, slow down a bit, don't keep flashing just anything or you could put yourself in a harder place than you are now
So you do have twrp recovery right now correct? And you flashed virtuous g lite and got this error correct? If so let me know, don't do any thing else, and we will find a ROM that will flash that has stock kernel

yes :)

i think i unlock bootloader via htcdev

i've bored at house and i flash cyanogen recovery and download http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1572924 phone starting up from sd card, lcd colors aren't good, i don't think is this flex problem. white isn't white but little cyan, i've this also in recovery so it's wasn't problem of system

Last edited:

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Sounds good, just let me know if you want to try and fix your phone later on. The boot from SD is kinda a last resort but if your OK with it

czajnik

May 1, 2010
Sounds good, just let me know if you want to try and fix your phone later on. The boot from SD is kinda a last resort but if your OK with it

i want fix it :) i don't have to, but i really like it and i would like to fix it anyway. I can't make a root and gfree because i've got errors in adb, something about eMMC :(

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
That's because your kernel has been manipulated to allow os to run from SD rather than emmc. I don't believe you will be able to use gfree while doing this.
If you want real time help I would suggest going to freenode #g2root
There you will often find people to help you in real time, not to mention some of the most knowledge about the vision

czajnik

May 1, 2010
That's because your kernel has been manipulated to allow os to run from SD rather than emmc. I don't believe you will be able to use gfree while doing this.
If you want real time help I would suggest going to freenode #g2root
There you will often find people to help you in real time, not to mention some of the most knowledge about the vision

i try on #g2root and nothing. but i know my cid HTC_32, ruu dont start, i dont know what else i can do with it

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Well you often need to wait around a while on #g2root or keep trying back if no one is there
What is current info on bootloader screen? Are you still unlocked?
Why not try and flash a ROM ROM through recovery and then use fastboot to flash the kerenl like I mentioned in my first response
Then with a functioning os you can begin the process to root and gain s-off with gfree

czajnik

May 1, 2010
i try and won't start. i wait on g2root but one person try to help me and nothing with that

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Pm me your Skype Id or some way of messaging you and when I'm @ PC I'll let you know