Sprint Spark - Phoenix AZ

Search This thread
Jan 28, 2014
I just manually checked for an update and my phone downloaded a file. After reboot sprint spark has been installed. Sadly, I have not seen a speed or signal gain yet.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I just manually checked for an update and my phone downloaded a file. After reboot sprint spark has been installed. Sadly, I have not seen a speed or signal gain yet.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

My mistake. Wasn't paying attention obviously. :/

Just so you know just because you have the Sprint Spark update doesn't mean you will get the fast speeds at this point. The Spark update means that when B26 and B41 LTE is finally built out in your area, your phone can handle it. There are only a few markets out there that are officially Spark enabled which are listed below. Clearly Phoenix is not on this list and thus this is why you don't see the fast speeds. See the press release below for proof.

Spark is now available in the following 11 markets:

Austin, Texas
Chicago
Dallas
Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
Fort Worth, Texas
Houston
Los Angeles
Miami
New York
San Antonio, Texas
Tampa, Fla.

http://investors.sprint.com/file.aspx?iid=4057219&fid=21546220

Last but not least, please keep your questions in the Q&A or General section and not in the Development Forum.

MrSteez

Dec 21, 2012
Flagstaff
Trust me you won't be seeing Spark in Phoenix for a while. I work at a Sprint store in Arizona and we are barely even getting LTE up around the valley. Spark is a ways off.

darkobas

Jan 11, 2011
plus.google.com
this is must be just a marketing BS name. my guess its the same as lte.

I can get 50mbps here easily with lte. I've seen even up to 100mbps on a test network near tower.
with a "normal" lte phone so.... 100mbps was on nexus 4