Bluetooth Streaming Issues

Search This thread

dlongb13

Dec 30, 2009
Having some very annoying BT issues. Phone pairs fine with pretty much anything. But when streaming audio it cuts in and out pretty frequently but never lost its connection. Called ATT and they sent me a new one. Phone does they same thing. This one actually looses its connection periodically, some days are worse than others. Main issue is in my 2013 Subaru Outback. Does it sometimes with my Phillips BT speaker but not as consistently.

I'm not rooted and have tried both ART and dalvik and the issue is present no matter what.

Since this has happened with two phones I figured I can't be the only one. Anybody else have this problem?

screwyluie

May 20, 2009
I drive a semi all day, I connect my phone via BT to the stereo and listen to audiobooks/slacker radio for 12 hours a day and have never had this issue. In the BT menu there is an option to 'Turn on Audio Channel Mode' have you tried that? I don't have it on but perhaps it will help? Also I know this phone supports some new BT standards for low power, perhaps this is causing an issue with you devices, I don't know if you can turn that off, or if it's something that is just not very backwards compatible?

vinniemac84

Sep 30, 2012
Modesto
www.facebook.com
i have a similar connect/disconnect issue but only if its not in use it seems. like when its just connected but not streaming i'll notice my car will say it disconnected and reconnected. sometimes when i'm on the phone it gets all staticky and robot sounding...but only with my cars bluetooth. never had an issue with my og pro on 4.4 so i dont think its 4.4. havent done a factory reset yet, hopefully thats all it is cuz there are some other little quirks too

absinthex

Nov 28, 2012
I don't experience audio cut outs, but I do experience severe cracking no matter what tweaks/adjustments I make.

Another problem is that it doesn't read my texts to me while connected to my car. Works fine with my Nokia Lumia 1520 and HTC One x. Its pretty annoying.

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
You guys should post details on the bluetooth devices you're connecting to. I had a white G3 and now have a black one and both did nothing you guys are talking about when connected to Pyle, Klipsch, Logitech or Chrysler Uconnect bluetooth audio devices. I use Spotify, Car Home Ultra, Google Maps Navigation, make calls via the phone and the Uconnect system will pick up the activity and play the audio correctly, initiate and receive calls in UConnect, Send/Receive Texts via UConnect, control audio volume and tracks. None of that causes disconnects or static for me.

I do have serious problems when playing music with the stock music app over bluetooth. If I try to rewind or ff the G3 starts freaking out and will begin playing the music slower despite not having touched the advanced audio controls. It really sucks. Luckily it doesn't do that with Poweramp or Subsonic clients. Doesn't happen with headphones directly connected either.

If this is not a problem with the G3 when paired to certain devices I think your bluetooth radios are defective. There would be way more complaints if this was prevalent.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

I don't experience audio cut outs, but I do experience severe cracking no matter what tweaks/adjustments I make.

Another problem is that it doesn't read my texts to me while connected to my car. Works fine with my Nokia Lumia 1520 and HTC One x. Its pretty annoying.

Text reading will depend on your device and your car's bluetooth stack compatibility. My GS5 could do everything but call out in my car. It worked good for a month then an update broke it. iPhone 5S could do everything but read and send texts. My G3 does everything great. If you research your car radio model and the G3 I'd bet you'd see that nobody has it working with the AT&T G3. You may see people with variants have it working especially international. Sometimes there are weird tricks to get things working. I had to disconnect and reconnect my GS5 a few times in order for it to work.

absinthex

Nov 28, 2012
You guys should post details on the bluetooth devices you're connecting to. I had a white G3 and now have a black one and both did nothing you guys are talking about when connected to Pyle, Klipsch, Logitech or Chrysler Uconnect bluetooth audio devices. I use Spotify, Car Home Ultra, Google Maps Navigation, make calls via the phone and the Uconnect system will pick up the activity and play the audio correctly, initiate and receive calls in UConnect, Send/Receive Texts via UConnect, control audio volume and tracks. None of that causes disconnects or static for me.

I do have serious problems when playing music with the stock music app over bluetooth. If I try to rewind or ff the G3 starts freaking out and will begin playing the music slower despite not having touched the advanced audio controls. It really sucks. Luckily it doesn't do that with Poweramp or Subsonic clients. Doesn't happen with headphones directly connected either.

If this is not a problem with the G3 when paired to certain devices I think your bluetooth radios are defective. There would be way more complaints if this was prevalent.

---------- Post added at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Text reading will depend on your device and your car's bluetooth stack compatibility. My GS5 could do everything but call out in my car. It worked good for a month then an update broke it. iPhone 5S could do everything but read and send texts. My G3 does everything great. If you research your car radio model and the G3 I'd bet you'd see that nobody has it working with the AT&T G3. You may see people with variants have it working especially international. Sometimes there are weird tricks to get things working. I had to disconnect and reconnect my GS5 a few times in order for it to work.
I found this, but my 2014 FJ Cruiser isn't on the list, neither is my G3.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&so...woHcO6CgPFvWsEew&sig2=QZyBxl51eRFrONj056uGBg

Still looking.

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&so...woHcO6CgPFvWsEew&sig2=QZyBxl51eRFrONj056uGBg

Still looking.

I'm guessing you don't have the JBL radio. http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/features.html#!/interior I love FJCs especially for offroading. They're beasts.

I can't find the model info for your radio. You can check Toyota parts for it. Should be the only one besides the JBL. The notes on that interior page reference needing to have a compatible bluetooth stack. I went through similar crap with my 2013 Durango. Nothing past the Galaxy S 2 from Samsung on CDMA (Verizon or Sprint) works with UConnect stereos for placing calls which can suck really bad if you're moving around during the day. No texts read aloud on my radio will say the number or name because of some issue with the was texts in the US are sent as opposed to international ones.
The G2 works well with the Entune Toyota radios so it looks like you just got screwed with that FJC radio. Those Fj radios have always been kinda outdated and more durable looking if not in function. It's kinda like Wrangler radio systems. They don't want a little mud or water to break em or something.

You could try a work around. You could just toggle Settings >Sound> Message/call voice notifications. It's at the bottom of the Sound page. When it's on its supposed to read the texts for you. If the stereo can pause music during a song to allow navigation commands to be heard it may announce the texts for you. Some radios and phones have problems with that too.
If that works maybe use a shortcut to the Sound settings in an app like Car Home Ultra or use something like Tasker to switch it on when bluetooth connects to your car. That second option would be pretty seamless.

Last edited:
Reactions: absinthex

absinthex

Nov 28, 2012
I'm guessing you don't have the JBL radio. http://www.toyota.com/fjcruiser/features.html#!/interior I love FJCs especially for offroading. They're beasts.

I can't find the model info for your radio. You can check Toyota parts for it. Should be the only one besides the JBL. The notes on that interior page reference needing to have a compatible bluetooth stack. I went through similar crap with my 2013 Durango. Nothing past the Galaxy S 2 from Samsung on CDMA (Verizon or Sprint) works with UConnect stereos for placing calls which can suck really bad if you're moving around during the day. No texts read aloud on my radio will say the number or name because of some issue with the was texts in the US are sent as opposed to international ones.
The G2 works well with the Entune Toyota radios so it looks like you just got screwed with that FJC radio. Those Fj radios have always been kinda outdated and more durable looking if not in function. It's kinda like Wrangler radio systems. They don't want a little mud or water to break em or something.

You could try a work around. You could just toggle Settings >Sound> Message/call voice notifications. It's at the bottom of the Sound page. When it's on its supposed to read the texts for you. If the stereo can pause music during a song to allow navigation commands to be heard it may announce the texts for you. Some radios and phones have problems with that too.
If that works maybe use a shortcut to the Sound settings in an app like Car Home Ultra or use something like Tasker to switch it on when bluetooth connects to your car. That second option would be pretty seamless.

Yes, they are! That's the main reason for purchasing one; and that it's the last year that they are being sold in the US, so I thought I'd pull the trigger on one.

But, no, I don't have the JBL head unit. I have the stock FJammer unit, but at least it's an upgraded model of those that were being sold in prior years.

I tried that work around when I first got my phone. Didn't work. I've gone through all Google, Google Now and all LG settings that have anything to do with Bluetooth and TTS. The nagivation works, but when it wants to. Sometimes, it will pause music, whether the music is playing through a CD or Bluetooth, and sometimes it won't pause the music, and it's barely audible. Even though I can hear it, it doesn't mean it's working how it should. When I should be hearing, "In a quarter mile, make a left turn at blah blah..." I really end up hearing, "ake left turn at bla..."

I think I'm just gonna live with it. Hopefully there will be a Bluetooth fix for this when LG releases an update.

Thanks for the replies.

GorillaPimp

Jul 18, 2008
Yes, they are! That's the main reason for purchasing one; and that it's the last year that they are being sold in the US, so I thought I'd pull the trigger on one.

But, no, I don't have the JBL head unit. I have the stock FJammer unit, but at least it's an upgraded model of those that were being sold in prior years.

I tried that work around when I first got my phone. Didn't work. I've gone through all Google, Google Now and all LG settings that have anything to do with Bluetooth and TTS. The nagivation works, but when it wants to. Sometimes, it will pause music, whether the music is playing through a CD or Bluetooth, and sometimes it won't pause the music, and it's barely audible. Even though I can hear it, it doesn't mean it's working how it should. When I should be hearing, "In a quarter mile, make a left turn at blah blah..." I really end up hearing, "ake left turn at bla..."

I think I'm just gonna live with it. Hopefully there will be a Bluetooth fix for this when LG releases an update.

Thanks for the replies.
Yeah I read about it being the last year. If I had it to burn I'd buy one and import a 2014 rereleased 70 Land Cruiser.

Damn that sucks. My Nexus 4 wouldn't make those pauses in music or other audio apps for navigation at all. It really sucked after having it with HTC and Samsung phones for a few years.

There's always those Jabra Freeway & Tour units. Not the best builtin option but a lot cheaper than an upgrade of radio. In my experience counting on a manufacturer fix for stuff like that hasn't worked out for me. That's why I am cancelling my Sprint account this week. I got stuck with a phone that wouldn't work and they wouldn't cut me any slack at all. It's probably because I just moved over from T-Mo.

I hope it works when ATT finally updates us. Rock climbing in that FJ should take your mind off things.

absinthex

Nov 28, 2012
Yeah I read about it being the last year. If I had it to burn I'd buy one and import a 2014 rereleased 70 Land Cruiser.

Damn that sucks. My Nexus 4 wouldn't make those pauses in music or other audio apps for navigation at all. It really sucked after having it with HTC and Samsung phones for a few years.

There's always those Jabra Freeway & Tour units. Not the best builtin option but a lot cheaper than an upgrade of radio. In my experience counting on a manufacturer fix for stuff like that hasn't worked out for me. That's why I am cancelling my Sprint account this week. I got stuck with a phone that wouldn't work and they wouldn't cut me any slack at all. It's probably because I just moved over from T-Mo.

I hope it works when ATT finally updates us. Rock climbing in that FJ should take your mind off things.

It's a damn blast!! Sucks it's my daily driver; I want to mod it out more and more. Thanks for the help. If I ever get this resolved I'll let you know.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Still looking.