[-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889V Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels (Updated 02/26/2013)

Search This thread

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
[-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889V Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels (Updated 02/26/2013)

ONLY FLASH THIS IF YOU HAVE THE CANADIAN VARIANT OF TMOBILE'S NOTE 2 (T889V)

FOR VTR:

Factory Image -::- Odex -::- Deodex -::- Modem -::- Kernel
-::- (T889VVLBMA3) (4.1.2) (02/26/2013)

Factory Image -::- Odex -::- Deodex -::- Modem -::- Kernel -::- (T889VVLALJ4) (4.1.1) (10/10/2012)

FOR GLW:

Factory Image -::- Odex -::- Deodex -::- Modem -::- Kernel -::- (T889VVLALJ4) (4.1.1) (10/10/2012)

FOR MCT:

Wipe cache/dalvik. Flash via CWM or TWRP. Your data will be preserved.

Please don't forget to hit Thanks and give proper credit when/if you decide to use this as a base.

Cheers!

Last edited:

phreshjoker

May 31, 2010
coppell
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889V Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels (Updated 01/31/20

Deleted

Youtube: GalaxyNoteHelper Subscribe Please :)

Last edited:

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889V Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels (Updated 01/31/20

Carefully!! You can flash them in CWM or TWRP. Make sure you download the correct modem and verify MD5.

G●Note~2 {Jedi X5}

Byangmang

Oct 20, 2012
Toronto
Hey, thanks for making this post! I'm running your N7105XXDLL1 port right now and was wondering if I can flash the XXDMA6 without wiping? Thanks again.

vseslija

Jun 11, 2009
Vancouver
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889V Factory Images, Roms, Modems, & Kernels (Updated 02/13/20

Can someine explain these 3 what do they mean VTR GLW MCT?

Also what is the correct procedure here. Use the toolbox to root the phone install twrp and then flash one of the roms? Forgive my lack of knowledge. I have been reading lots lately but finding it hard to piece the puzzle. Would I still need to flash a canadian modem? I am currently stock with wind 4.1.1

Xxdmbr and xxdmbc- what are the differences between the two. Do they have multiwindow?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: pearse

wess666

Dec 16, 2010
Can someine explain these 3 what do they mean VTR GLW MCT?

Also what is the correct procedure here. Use the toolbox to root the phone install twrp and then flash one of the roms? Forgive my lack of knowledge. I have been reading lots lately but finding it hard to piece the puzzle. Would I still need to flash a canadian modem? I am currently stock with wind 4.1.1

Xxdmbr and xxdmbc- what are the differences between the two. Do they have multiwindow?

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

Vtr = videotron
Glw = wind
The third one is mobilicity or whatever it is lol
For a first time root I would suggest reading more about it. I followed MrRobinsons thread for a while then did what he said. check This out:
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1975560&highlight=no+tripping+flash+counter
Take your time with this since we don't have a dedicated development for the 889v but some great members like the op are working on it.
multiWindow is on 4.1.2 so just pick the latest build l guess!

Reactions: pigjr

Darkshado

Apr 16, 2011
Montréal
Nvidia Shield Tablet
Nexus 6
As wess666 said: those three codes match the applied CSC files applied to that given zip file. MCT is indeed for Mobilicity. And if you're wondering why Wind has GLW, prior to rebranding the company was known as Globalive Wireless.

On the "big three" side, you'll see BMC (Bell) BWA (Bell Wireless Alliance, aka Aliant) RWC (Rogers) TLS (Telus) VMC (Virgin Mobile, which is interestingly present in the I317M files). Other Canadian CSC codes you might see: PCM (President's Choice) KDO (Koodo). I'm probably missing one or two other MVNOs but that's about it.

Do you care about the flash counter? If yes, tread carefully with what you flash. MrRobinson's pre-rooted stock ROM flashed via Odin will work, or perhaps even easier Chainfire's ExynosAbuse apk (available here on XDA) will work on the stock T889V 4.1.1 ROM.

If you don't care about the flash counter, you could also root by first flashing CWM or TWRP with Odin then applying the superuser zip of your choice, or just flashing something pre-rooted from there.

Do not flash any modems. Even the T889V one.
Do not flash ROMs meant for the N7100.

ROMs and kernels for the N7105, I317, I317M, T889 and T889V are generally compatible.

I've checked the XXDMB3 Odexed zip posted by teshxx and it still has the Singapore CSC files as well as a build.prop set for N7105.

I'm downloading his stock zip factory image to check it out, but I'd rather go the Odin route if I'm going to be restoring completely back to stock. With the exception of retarring the image minus the modem in our specific case. (See reports of bootloops after flashing the T889V modem over itself.)

Reactions: pigjr

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
As wess666 said: those three codes match the applied CSC files applied to that given zip file. MCT is indeed for Mobilicity. And if you're wondering why Wind has GLW, prior to rebranding the company was known as Globalive Wireless.

On the "big three" side, you'll see BMC (Bell) BWA (Bell Wireless Alliance, aka Aliant) RWC (Rogers) TLS (Telus) VMC (Virgin Mobile, which is interestingly present in the I317M files). Other Canadian CSC codes you might see: PCM (President's Choice) KDO (Koodo). I'm probably missing one or two other MVNOs but that's about it.

Do you care about the flash counter? If yes, tread carefully with what you flash. MrRobinson's pre-rooted stock ROM flashed via Odin will work, or perhaps even easier Chainfire's ExynosAbuse apk (available here on XDA) will work on the stock T889V 4.1.1 ROM.

If you don't care about the flash counter, you could also root by first flashing CWM or TWRP with Odin then applying the superuser zip of your choice, or just flashing something pre-rooted from there.

Do not flash any modems. Even the T889V one.
Do not flash ROMs meant for the N7100.

ROMs and kernels for the N7105, I317, I317M, T889 and T889V are generally compatible.

I've checked the XXDMB3 Odexed zip posted by teshxx and it still has the Singapore CSC files as well as a build.prop set for N7105.

I'm downloading his stock zip factory image to check it out, but I'd rather go the Odin route if I'm going to be restoring completely back to stock. With the exception of retarring the image minus the modem in our specific case. (See reports of bootloops after flashing the T889V modem over itself.)

CSC is sales code nothing else and I don't edit build.prop just for aesthetics. It is what it is. My modded 7105 roms work and perform without any issues on T889V.

Last edited:

wess666

Dec 16, 2010
I wonder if I use Odin Mobile to dirty flash the XXDMB3 deodexed over a stock-rooted 4.1.1 (LALJ4)... would that be an issue?

Top Liked Posts