Body Glove case modded for 2150

Search This thread

BigBuddha

Aug 12, 2010
Nothing really new here. I've simply modded the Body Glove case to fit the 2150 battery as others have done with other cases and wanted to show the results. The interesting thing about this case is that it's so beefy to begin with that the battery barely sticks out the back. The sides are also very well protected. The only real difficulty with this mod was dremeling the inside of the case for the hump on the camera cover.

Attachments

• Dinc01.jpg
    Dinc01.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Dinc02.jpg
    Dinc02.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 312
  • Dinc03.jpg
    Dinc03.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 228
  • Dinc04.jpg
    Dinc04.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 221

BigBuddha

Aug 12, 2010
I used a dremel hard abrasive cutoff wheel. The edge of the wheel for cutting and the face of the wheel for creating the pocket for the camera bumpout. It needs a little patience, but wasn't too bad. I did nick the case a couple of times when I wasn't paying attention, so be careful.

pmazz850

May 2, 2010
I'm finding this mod interesting. I first had the body glove case on my phone but then got the seidio rugged combo. Seeing the size of the 2150 in relation to the bodyglove case i think it might be possible to make the 2150 fit inside the seidio rugged. The seidio case on the phone is about 1mm thicker then the bodyglove. So i might be able to keep the outer shell the way it is now and you wouldnt be able to tell the 2150 is in there. Gonna have to get a 2150 and see what i can do.
Thanks for the inspiration.;)

BigBuddha

Aug 12, 2010
Just promise to post pictures if you pull this off. My original thought with the Body Glove case was to remove the plastic inside the back of the case leaving the rubber outer layer to stretch over the phone. There was ultimately too big of a hole in the back of the case for various clips and attachments to make this worth the effort, but a case that would actually fit would be nice.