[Help] (Status7) error with cm 10.1 builds

Search This thread

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Hello, I've seen this is a common problem, however the big problem is I'm the one building the rom (cm 10.1) and for some reason every build can't be flashed and says:
Code:
script aborted (no error message)E
:Error in /...(zip's name)
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
I've built successfully previously on a Virtual Box and then did dual boot on external hdd and downloaded source, set build enviroment, etc... on the dual booted OS but for some reason each build is giving that problem. I even tried to set the device tree almost as the first commit to see if something happens but nothing worked:crying:
Device is samsung galaxy music. Already tried using the new cwm recovery from the out folder but didn't worked

Kompik

Mar 22, 2014
Hello, I've seen this is a common problem, however the big problem is I'm the one building the rom (cm 10.1) and for some reason every build can't be flashed and says:
Code:
script aborted (no error message)E
:Error in /...(zip's name)
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
I've built successfully previously on a Virtual Box and then did dual boot on external hdd and downloaded source, set build enviroment, etc... on the dual booted OS but for some reason each build is giving that problem. I even tried to set the device tree almost as the first commit to see if something happens but nothing worked:crying:
Device is samsung galaxy music. Already tried using the new cwm recovery from the out folder but didn't worked
From what I understand you want to install cm 10.1 on vb. But for vb from what I know there is no version for him. I'll even he thought about it, and how to think of something. Attract August this topic:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250785

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
From what I understand you want to install cm 10.1 on vb. But for vb from what I know there is no version for him. I'll even he thought about it, and how to think of something. Attract August this topic:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250785

I'm sorry, I think you misunderstood me, I builded cm 10.1 for my galaxy music inside a vbox that flashed successfully on my phone but the perfomance was really slow on the vbox so made instead a dual boot with an external hard drive to take less time doing the builds, but now, all the cm 10.1 builds I make now on the dual booted os gives that error 7 and I don't know why and I already deleted the vbox :(

dhinesh77

Nov 30, 2012
Namakkal
www.ddworlds.webs.com
i also faced this issue many times, and later i managed to pull the recovery.log and found that zip is corrupted while transferring to sdcard...

so after that i use sideload to install any zip with ease....

Alonso1398

Jun 23, 2013
Well... after all the problem was in the BoardConfig.mk , so this commit fixed it, thanks for the answers.
So I think this thread can be closed :)