[ROM] Official 1.70.605.0 MR2 OTA Deodexed Rooted Busybox Mirrors Added :D

Search This thread

kriskmk

Jun 7, 2010
Utopia
Thanks for the ROM.

Stock Froyo still kicking GB's ass. Froyo makes GB (thus far) look like "Windows Vista" of Google

stastnysnipes26

Mar 22, 2011
Erie, PA
Can I flash just the radio over BAMF 2.1? I don't want to go back to a stock ROM. Also if I do flash only the radio over BAMF 2.1 should revert to a stock kernel? If yes, where can I find one?

periclytes

Oct 15, 2010
www.sufian.org
Has anyone tried this with cm7 yet? The radio specifically. I'm wondering if its the rom that improves the 4g or the radio

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA App

Using it with CM7 RC1.2 and 4G. I don't know about improvements because the last few days I've had no data connectivity (have an open support ticket with VZW about this) but today I had consistent 4G.

Sen.droid

Mar 26, 2011
Just to verify.....very new to rooting....i have a tbolt stock with yhe 1.70.605.0 sw. So the radio and rom at the beginning of this thread are the ones I need to root my tbolt? Thanks for any info provided

MePascal

Just to verify.....very new to rooting....i have a tbolt stock with yhe 1.70.605.0 sw. So the radio and rom at the beginning of this thread are the ones I need to root my tbolt? Thanks for any info provided

With the info you have provided looks like you took the OTA update which suggest to me that you are not rooted with S-On (Signature). The Rom at the beginning of this thread would require you to have already been rooted. Therefore you will need to learn how to root your device first. (Found Here) After you are rooted you will then have an opportunity to download ClockworkMod Rom Manager from the Android Market.
Once this app is on your Thunderbolt I would then suggest to run a Backup through Rom Manager. After that you could then download this rooted Rom and flash it through ClockworkMod.
I have left out other facts that you will need to search out on your own before you take on the task of rooting your device. I did this intentionally so that you will have a better understanding of rooting :D.
All the answers you need are in this forum. I suggest you take some time to understand step by step what it is to root your TBolt.
My first bit of advice would be to understand what is ADB/SDK tools and how it will interface with your device. Find some tips Here

Good Luck!

rockon83

Nov 22, 2010
Installed this on my rooted Thunderbolt with what I believe was the original firmware that came with the T-Bolt. Worked great.

I'm just curious.. What was changed from the original OTA to create this version? Why is this one ok to install on my rooted T-Bolt, but not the official OTA? Isn't the root (s-off) in the bootloader? How can a ROM itself be rooted?

jgalan14

Jul 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Installed this on my rooted Thunderbolt with what I believe was the original firmware that came with the T-Bolt. Worked great.

I'm just curious.. What was changed from the original OTA to create this version? Why is this one ok to install on my rooted T-Bolt, but not the official OTA? Isn't the root (s-off) in the bootloader? How can a ROM itself be rooted?

It takes off the image of the recovery , it will flash a new one so s off will be come s on as stock and they just add the goodies like busybox and superuser , so you rooted :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jackoutside

Aug 24, 2008
Hey guys, thanks in advance for the help gleaned from this thread...

I'm rooted and running the stock rom, build 1.13.605.7, the older OTA that we received.

I'm rooted only to run wireless tether. The stock hotspot app keeps on forcing the phones data connection to cycle, wireless tether works like a champ! (I'm paying for the hotspot fee, I just want a reliable connection)

Three quick questions:

Can someone who is running this please confirm whether this rom is completely stock or whether it is debloated?

Why would I need to flash the radio, was the radio updated in the last OTA?

Can anyone who uses wireless tether as their primary source of internet connection as I do, confirm that it works as flawlessly as it does on my current build.

Thanks

MordyT

Dec 15, 2008
Milwaukee WI
mordyt.com
Hey guys, thanks in advance for the help gleaned from this thread...

I'm rooted and running the stock rom, build 1.13.605.7, the older OTA that we received.

I'm rooted only to run wireless tether. The stock hotspot app keeps on forcing the phones data connection to cycle, wireless tether works like a champ! (I'm paying for the hotspot fee, I just want a reliable connection)

Three quick questions:

Can someone who is running this please confirm whether this rom is completely stock or whether it is debloated?

Why would I need to flash the radio, was the radio updated in the last OTA?

Can anyone who uses wireless tether as their primary source of internet connection as I do, confirm that it works as flawlessly as it does on my current build.

Thanks

Completely stock.

Radio was updated in the ota

Wireless tether works for me fine

Via my HTC Thunderbolt

baronmxc

Jan 26, 2009
Richmond, Virginia
I actually didn't need to freeze the tethering guard for the Wireless Tether to work. I assume this only applies to the stock Mobile Hotspot application

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

bobsbbq

Jun 8, 2008
Cleveland, TX
I have flashed this ROM and I seem to only see 3G signal where I know I'm in 4G LTE areas. Is there something changed or do I need to change something?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Huge Macho Thanks Goes To The AndroidPolice Team!

Heres the 1.70.605.0 ota rooted deodexed and busybox.

Changelog: http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...ed-1-70-605-0-update-for-the-htc-thunderbolt/

For Rooted Users Only
    Flash in CWR and WIPE WIPE WIPE
    Flash Radio In HBOOT

Thanks ProTekk for the hosting :D
    Jcase for the RUU :D
    Adrynalyne for Busybox :D
    Verizon Wireless for finally giving us OTA :D

just been told in the irc that you can NOT run custom kernel's on this ota till we get Source code!

ohhain.png

MD5 For Rom : 409f189d7a1169ee4f363d9f5e057a1e
    MD5 For Radio: 7297850061f25630bf6c2885620dd12c

Download Rom
    Download Radio

Mirror For Rom
    Mirror For Radio

ENJOY
    Be kind to my servers! >_<

Enjoy it guys!
    Links added enjoy! :D
    I won't be doing on plainJane, use this one instead :)

<andirc stamp of asskickness>

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA Premium App