Upgrade HTC desire s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Silversniper

Nov 20, 2011
Linz
There isn't 4.4 out yet. Look under development.
To the second post: Dont spam again.

Sent from my Incredible S using xda premium

Reactions: ZaInT_

funkyfela

Jan 28, 2012
Okay thanks. What about 4.0 or what is the best upgrade I can get without any malfunction of my phone. Cos I read somewhere about some things not working properly like USB and others after an upgrade. Thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire S using XDA

funkyfela

Jan 28, 2012
It's unfortunate you cannot differentiate between a spam and a honest question. If you cannot help someone due to a reason or the other, pls I suggest you stop insinuations.

funkyfela

Jan 28, 2012
Oops, sorry I didn't read your post well enough to know you weren't refering to me. Apologies please.

webconnect

Apr 16, 2012
Mumbai
VOILA!!!!!!!

Well there is no stock ics ROM update for ur phone but of course there has to be a custom ROM so here it is:-

PLEASE MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP(Backup ur custom rom using rom manager if anything goes wrong while flashing or with the rom!!!)

What Works:
Sound
Boots withought any issue
Wallpapers
Live Wallpapers
Phone works 2G/3G
Touch
Keys
SD Card
Wifi
Sensors
Root
Headphones
Bluetooth
EGL
Advanced Power Menu
Screenshots
Market
Mic
3D Games
Gallery
3D Acceleration
Video Playback
Tethering
and many more

Whats Not working:
Camera(But i guess you can use vignette app to make ur cam work)
more

Download :

beta8r4a(Recommended)
http://www.multiupload.com/WSMIYPG8J2

beta 8r3:http://www.multiupload.com/0QYJAUJCZP
beta 8r1:http://www.multiupload.com/Q79030PX2E
beta 7r1:http://www.multiupload.com/2DX0UHZ15B
beta 6r1http://www.multiupload.com/FSXNFVAEGM
beta 5r2:http://www.multiupload.com/DMHQWB9QHF
beta 5:http://www.multiupload.com/D6M81R7Z9N
beta 4r1:http://www.multiupload.com/RMG9PPLMC0
beta3r3: http://www.multiupload.com/0RS7KDY1C3
beta3r2: http://www.multiupload.com/97G7192PVH
beta3r1: http://www.multiupload.com/O8FKJG28C0
beta2r3: http://www.multiupload.com/DU2P5ZVU36

Gapps with working calendar/earth/voice search and maps!:

http://www.multiupload.com/8UDYQYXZ8K Thanks shrome99

Whats New!

Beta8R4a:
- fixed IP issue (wifi tethering)
- cleanups rom
- cleanup updater script

Beta8R3:
- random fixes for stagefright
- fixed dial t9 bug
- Enabled configuration of EAP-PWD (WiFi)
- Random NEON optimizations
- enabled render dirty regions (test)
- updated Russian translations for T9 dial & Reboot menu
- added Car Dock
- removed broken google backup
- removed System Update menu from settings
- disabled lockscreen rotations
- improved power profile for saga

Beta8R1:
- Fixed 16bpp issue (thanks to paulb_nl for hint)

Beta7R1:

- real hw accelerations
- Books works
- all 3d apps/games works

Beta6R1:

- small cleanups
- fixed calendar sync
- torch from lockscreen (long press home)
- added car home
- etc

Beta5R2:
- Fixed root (su)
- Added Torch
- Added user dictionary
- Added CM9 Launcher (credits to nebkat)
- Improved app drawer performance

Beta5:
- Android 4.0.3 (IML74K)
- Fixed USB mass storage
- Music2
- Fixed graphics glitches
- Updated all gapps
- etc

Beta4r1:
- fixed video playback
- disabled launcher rotation
- updated kernel
- etc
Beta3r3:
- lockscreen rotation
- launcher rotation
- RGB fixes
- webkit egl hacks
- reverted/updated egl hack
- signalstrength
- updated kernel:
-- NOOP I/O scheduler default
-- CIFS/TUN/UTF8

Beta3r2:
3D Acceleration
3D Games
Gallery

Beta3r1:
Market
Mic

if SD card dont work at first boot, please reboot your device to get it work

I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device, use this at your own responsibility!

paul.robo

Apr 8, 2012

wtf mate he wasnt spamming its called asking a question. more like dont u spam. he was asking a serious question. which he got the answer to so stop giving people stupid comments that contribute nothing.

and to answer the op question no there isnt but there is aosp 4.0.4 roms take a loook in development thread buddy.

ben_pyett

Oct 28, 2006
London, Colchester, Wivenhoe
wtf mate he wasnt spamming its called asking a question. more like dont u spam. he was asking a serious question. which he got the answer to so stop giving people stupid comments that contribute nothing..
please ensure that you read the full thread before sounding off. The comment was directed at the second post with the useless "dont know" response. This has already been resolved in thread, the original user who sounded off himself went on to apologize when he READ the post correctly himself.

Reactions: eyahl

paul.robo

Apr 8, 2012
please ensure that you read the full thread before sounding off. The comment was directed at the second post with the useless "dont know" response. This has already been resolved in thread, the original user who sounded off himself went on to apologize when he READ the post correctly himself.

are you a mod ( NO ) dont go round trying to act like a mod when u aint please. makes me laugh :mad: i could do the same but i aint that childish. u aint a mod it the moderators got a problem then thats okay messege me ( mod ) but ur not so dont try act like one it makes u look stupid. as u go round this forum writing on every single 1 ov my posts contributing nothing but this ( dont do this do this ) give it a rest mate im fed up with u following all of my posts pretending to be a mod when ur not it winds me up and ive already reported u for always doing this in nearly every thread. u need to stop trying to pretend to be amod cause we all know ur not lol joke

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
Calm down guys, this lil issue/debate/spat is hardly worth having here...

Respect the OP and if not on the topic of the OP then refrain from the side comments in the thread please...

Reactions: eyahl
are you a mod ( NO ) dont go round trying to act like a mod when u aint please. makes me laugh :mad: i could do the same but i aint that childish. u aint a mod it the moderators got a problem then thats okay messege me ( mod ) but ur not so dont try act like one it makes u look stupid. as u go round this forum writing on every single 1 ov my posts contributing nothing but this ( dont do this do this ) give it a rest mate im fed up with u following all of my posts pretending to be a mod when ur not it winds me up and ive already reported u for always doing this in nearly every thread. u need to stop trying to pretend to be amod cause we all know ur not lol joke

Paul, that was uncalled for. And very rude of you. Ben is one of the most respected members on this forum, and would unanimously be elected a mod if the forum members had a say. He is one of the guiding hands in this forum, and has been one of the earliest members here. He also maintains the excellent INDEX thread that every single user here has found useful at one time or the other. His credentials are beyond scrutiny here. You are new here, and are a very energetic, though a little flamboyant member - and are most welcome to go about your own business. But all your posts exude a lot of aggression, and all of us here have felt that. Maybe you should tone it down a little, and try to gel better with everyone here. Won't be much of a forum if you antagonize everyone and try to run the entire forum alone. We all have real lives outside of XDA, and get together here for some quality time. No one signs up here just to flame others. Neither you nor ben have anything to prove. As far as moderation is concerned, all good forums are self-moderated. External mods step in only when things get out of hand. I don't think we should take it there. Before you accuse me of acting like a mod too, i would only request you to please keep the emotional content down, and just try to get along with everyone here. I've also seen you flaming olyloh on one of his posts - we are decent people here paul. I've known these guys long before you, and they are solid. Take my word for it. We could all do with a little more understanding, that's all I have to stay. Ball's in your court now. You can either add me and everyone else here to your flame-thrower list, or just cool it and embrace the community. It's your call.

Cheers. :)

EDIT : I see the moderators have already taken notice. Didn't notice as I was typing... anyway, let bygones be bygones, and drop this right here.

Last edited:
Reactions: ben_pyett and eyahl

paul.robo

Apr 8, 2012
im letting the mods deal with him

this threads ganna be closed now ive already asked mods

@enigmaamit i respect wat u say but u dont know whats going on. i dont flame atall if u ask people i have helped they will tell u how much of a good person i am :) the other day i helped a man from Pakistan for 3days nearly i slept very little and together we got his phone working again. and no im not new. i used to be on here ages ago in the sony x8 forum. i ported sense 2,1 to the sony ericsson x8 and im very well known on that x8 forum here at xda for developing flash player to work with arm 6 devices. im not a noob im very well experienced with rom porting and kernel development. people assume that because i only joined up again not long ago that suddenly i dont know nothing :S but your wrong. im not here to flame anyone or cause arguments. please just let the moderators do what they need to do and this will end here and now :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Paul, that was uncalled for. And very rude of you. Ben is one of the most respected members on this forum, and would unanimously be elected a mod if the forum members had a say. He is one of the guiding hands in this forum, and has been one of the earliest members here. He also maintains the excellent INDEX thread that every single user here has found useful at one time or the other. His credentials are beyond scrutiny here. You are new here, and are a very energetic, though a little flamboyant member - and are most welcome to go about your own business. But all your posts exude a lot of aggression, and all of us here have felt that. Maybe you should tone it down a little, and try to gel better with everyone here. Won't be much of a forum if you antagonize everyone and try to run the entire forum alone. We all have real lives outside of XDA, and get together here for some quality time. No one signs up here just to flame others. Neither you nor ben have anything to prove. As far as moderation is concerned, all good forums are self-moderated. External mods step in only when things get out of hand. I don't think we should take it there. Before you accuse me of acting like a mod too, i would only request you to please keep the emotional content down, and just try to get along with everyone here. I've also seen you flaming olyloh on one of his posts - we are decent people here paul. I've known these guys long before you, and they are solid. Take my word for it. We could all do with a little more understanding, that's all I have to stay. Ball's in your court now. You can either add me and everyone else here to your flame-thrower list, or just cool it and embrace the community. It's your call.

Cheers. :)

EDIT : I see the moderators have already taken notice. Didn't notice as I was typing... anyway, let bygones be bygones, and drop this right here.

wtf mate he wasnt spamming its called asking a question. more like dont u spam. he was asking a serious question. which he got the answer to so stop giving people stupid comments that contribute nothing..
    Calm down guys, this lil issue/debate/spat is hardly worth having here...

Respect the OP and if not on the topic of the OP then refrain from the side comments in the thread please...