[Q] Root HTC One with Mac OS Mavericks

Search This thread

nesnaj

Mar 11, 2014
I recently purchased a HTC One and it's T-Mobile branded, so I wanna Root my phone to get updates faster and be able to run apps with Airplay and stuff.

The problem I (and many other Mavericks users) have is with the Android File Transfer software.
I can install and rut it, but it won't recognize my HTC One. It keeps giving the same message about how I need
to connect my HTC One.

There are workarounds to acces the files (like connecting via WiFi through an IP-address or use the HTC software), but I think it's not possible to root the phone without direct acces to the files as with AFT, or is it?

I wanna make sure I can run the script before I brick my phone.

Can any of you guys confirm I can run the script without AFT?

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
I recently purchased a HTC One and it's T-Mobile branded, so I wanna Root my phone to get updates faster and be able to run apps with Airplay and stuff.

The problem I (and many other Mavericks users) have is with the Android File Transfer software.
I can install and rut it, but it won't recognize my HTC One. It keeps giving the same message about how I need
to connect my HTC One.

There are workarounds to acces the files (like connecting via WiFi through an IP-address or use the HTC software), but I think it's not possible to root the phone without direct acces to the files as with AFT, or is it?

I wanna make sure I can run the script before I brick my phone.

Can any of you guys confirm I can run the script without AFT?

I can help u bootloader unlock and root the phone
Follow these instructions to set up fastboot and adb
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1917237
go to
htcdev.com

create an account and choose bootloader unlock option. Choose All other Supported Devices in the dropdown list
follow the instructions to successfully bootloader unlock ur device. This will delete ur data, so make a backup
Once ur successfully bootloader unlocked, quote me and post it. Ill tell u how to continue

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
Getting the android file transfer program to run and getting the adb/fastboot/androidSDK set up are different issues.

By far, the latter is more important. You simply can't root without it. If adb is working you can use the commands adb push or adb pull to move files on and off the device.

If you really feel like you need the android file transfer app, read http://trjlive.com/2013/10/guide-android-file-transfer-mac-osx-mavericks/ for an explanation of the problem and a possible workaround.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app