[ROM] (4/26/12) Magnolia X 1.0 |1.28.707.10|Stable, Simple, Smooth|

Search This thread

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Magnolia X 1.0 Initial Release (4/26/2012)

I have paused development of this ROm while I work on my own tweaks app, a skin and CM style notification toggle. I will be back up in a week or so. Please feel fre to try the ROM, below, but just be aware it is pretty bare-bones right now. It is still very smooth, snappy and stable, however.

This is the initial release of my One X ROM. My focus is on stable, smooth and simple ROMs - the kind I use myself on a daily basis. If you like flashy, super tweaked ROMs, this may not be for you. This is just an initial base ROM that I will be building from, as I get more into the device and possibilities for modding. There is MUCH more to come, including CM-Style Notification Toggles (j4n87 beat me to quick settings...:)) and my full matte Rosie theme, which HTC seems to have partially taken for sense 4.0...;) (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16944397&postcount=1)

If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button...:)!

ja4c7u

FEATURES
  • Based on Latest OTA update for Asia WWE 1.28.707.10;
  • Unsecured stock kernel with edits for init.d, nano text editing, etc;
  • Tegra3 power mngmt fixed and full GPU rendering, courtesy of the great mike1986;
  • All bloatware and extraneous images, etc. removed;
  • My own blend of init.d scripts (combined into one script) for stable and smooth performance;
  • Semi-transparent notifications bar (app drawer to come once m10 tools done);
  • Recent apps key remapped to settings, long press home key for recent apps (this does NOT have the volume key media mod, as I can't stand it);
  • Simple extended power menu mod, just has the additional reboot functions (NOT part of a tweaks program);
  • All widgets & app shortcuts, except the weather clock, removed from home screens on first boot so you don't have to waste time removing them...
  • PNGs in main graphics apks (com.htc.resources, framework-res, Rosie, etc.) optimized;
  • More I can't remember...

Known Issues
  • After first boot graphics on notifications bar gimped, this goes away after another reboot;
  • All gapps may not be perfectly up-to-date...;);

Installation Instructions

• MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
  • It is best, but not absolutely necessary, to have the latest 1.28.707.10 firmware on your device. If you already have the latest firmware, ignore the following. If you don't, do this:
    - re-lock your bootloader (reboot to fastboot and type "fastboot oem lock" in terminal/command prompt),
    - flash the 1.26.707.2 RUU (here),
    - install the OTA update when you are prompted to,
    - unlock bootloader at htcdev.com,
    - flash CWM recovery (see this forum for the thread), and you are set to go...
  • Flash the boot.img linked to below by placing the "boot.img" in the same folder as your fastboot file, booting into fastboot and then typing "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (in OS X, you can place the boot.img in your home folder);
  • No need to wipe anything as flashing this ROM will wipe everything for you, including data --- I REPEAT, FLASHING THIS ROM WILL WIPE EVERYTHING, INCLUDING YOUR DATA!!! This will NOT happen in future versions (although I always suggest a full wipe before flashing);
  • Flash the ROM in CWM recovery;
  • Let things settle down, sync, etc.;
  • Enjoy, and post feedback, suggestions in the thread....

Downloads

boot.img (FLASH FIRST!!)

Mirror 1 (Goo-IM): http://tinyw.in/HwgY
Mirror 2 (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6d4n0tsqnkk5t1o

MD5: f0c09cc279256ddf591d75c1f3e0aa80

ROM

Mirror 1 (Dev-Host): http://d-h.st/5BI
Mirror 2 (FileFactory):http://www.filefactory.com/file/xc5oxx6vsa1/n/Magnolia_X_1_0.zip
Mirror 3 (Dropbox): http://bit.ly/Ic6i6o

MD5: 3669bf4c13795b4868b57a4d34aa44d9

Thanks & Credits
  • Mike1986 for spotting the tegra3 power screw up and for the full GPU mod;
  • j4n87, |||bored|||, Chingy and blubbers for the code that I based my key remaps and power menu tweaks off of (coded them myself, but these were the models);
  • Goo Inside Me for hosting my ROMs for free;
  • XDA and all its devs for being awesome;
  • If I missed anyone else, it was UNINTENTIONAL, and a PM will see things set straight!

WARNING

While I have tested this ROM extensively, I cannot guarantee that it is free from bugs and/or will not harm your device. Accordingly, YOU FLASH THE ROM LINKED TO IN THIS POST AT YOU OWN RISK. I cannot and will not be held responsible in any way for anything that may happen to you, your device or others as a direct or indirect result of flashing the ROM linked to in this post.

Last edited:

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
I have no idea. Do what makes you happy....:).

Oh, and this is based on the RUU for Asian WWE units, so there may be some nice synergies for those, like me, who don't have an EU device.

Steve

By asian WWE units....do you mean batches made in china? I have the SH23 batch...may try this out.

Also, do you have screen flicker issue on light grey colors?

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Thank s to reply
Ok don t worry ....we will wait ...just happy to test new rom:)
Just one question the screen scrolling lags are gone with this Rom?

I put up a dropbox mirror for now. Will also have filefactory in a bit. Wonder why Goo.im isn't working for me....

Oh, and I see no lag in scrolling, although I think we really need to flatten the 3D effect some. I know it's supposed to be better than 3.5, but I am getting seasick. I have integrated the 3.5 "ultrasmooth" mod into it (my test rom, not this release), but HTC changed the code where the "smooth" part of the mod goes, so it's not quite there. I am still trying to figure out how it all works in sense 4.0...

Steve

Last edited:

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
By asian WWE units....do you mean batches made in china? I have the SH23 batch...may try this out.

Also, do you have screen flicker issue on light grey colors?

Yes, that is what I mean. Serial numbers that start with SH23. However, I especially mean those who have the 1.2x.707.x firmware, which, I understand, is quite a lot of people...

No screen flicker issues with light gray, but I have noticed it when you are using the still camera outside and move around...pictures still fine, but kind of annoying.

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
Yes, that is what I mean. Serial numbers that start with SH23. However, I especially mean those who have the 1.2x.707.x firmware, which, I understand, is quite a lot of people...

No screen flicker issues with light gray, but I have noticed it when you are using the still camera outside and move around...pictures still fine, but kind of annoying.

Is firmware the build number? My first HTC device haha....have had samsung for like my past 3 androids. All the Galaxy basically.

Im running ARHD and im guessing my build number/RUU is 1.28.401.9, is that firmware? I'll probably do a backup and try out your ROM later today.

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Is firmware the build number? My first HTC device haha....have had samsung for like my past 3 androids. All the Galaxy basically.

Im running ARHD and im guessing my build number/RUU is 1.28.401.9, is that firmware? I'll probably do a backup and try out your ROM later today.

Firmware is different. Generally an RUU or OTA update will have a separate package that installs firmware, which is basically what makes your hardware work (this is simplifying a great deal), while the ROM, through the kernel, is the software that works with the firmware/hardware. So, for instance, a firmware package might change your radio, while a ROM will not. I have run ROMs meant for the EU firmware on my phone just fine...I have the dreaded "No CID" version, so I can't switch firmware to the EU version.

Hope this helps.

Steve

pewpewbangbang

Feb 13, 2010
Ann Arbor & NYC
Firmware is different. Generally an RUU or OTA update will have a separate package that installs firmware, which is basically what makes your hardware work (this is simplifying a great deal), while the ROM, through the kernel, is the software that works with the firmware/hardware. So, for instance, a firmware package might change your radio, while a ROM will not. I have run ROMs meant for the EU firmware on my phone just fine...I have the dreaded "No CID" version, so I can't switch firmware to the EU version.

Hope this helps.

Steve

hmm I have no CID also....well about to try out ur ROM

how exactly do u check firmware also then?

Last edited:

JEZ69

Feb 1, 2010
Antibes
Google Pixel Watch
I put up a dropbox mirror for now. Will also have filefactory in a bit. Wonder why Goo.im isn't working for me....

Oh, and I see no lag in scrolling, although I think we really need to flatten the 3D effect some. I know it's supposed to be better than 3.5, but I am getting seasick. I have integrated the 3.5 "ultrasmooth" mod into it (my test rom, not this release), but HTC changed the code where the "smooth" part of the mod goes, so it's not quite there. I am still trying to figure out how it all works in sense 4.0...

Steve

I m still testing and everything goes ok...Nice job...
Have you tweaks rosies?...because it s run with less lag...
I m with eu firmware 1.28.409.1 and flash was ok ...no probleme

Thank s

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Magnolia X 1.0 Initial Release (4/26/2012)

I have paused development of this ROm while I work on my own tweaks app, a skin and CM style notification toggle. I will be back up in a week or so. Please feel fre to try the ROM, below, but just be aware it is pretty bare-bones right now. It is still very smooth, snappy and stable, however.

This is the initial release of my One X ROM. My focus is on stable, smooth and simple ROMs - the kind I use myself on a daily basis. If you like flashy, super tweaked ROMs, this may not be for you. This is just an initial base ROM that I will be building from, as I get more into the device and possibilities for modding. There is MUCH more to come, including CM-Style Notification Toggles (j4n87 beat me to quick settings...:)) and my full matte Rosie theme, which HTC seems to have partially taken for sense 4.0...;) (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16944397&postcount=1)

If you like the ROM, please hit the thanks button...:)!

ja4c7u

FEATURES
    • Based on Latest OTA update for Asia WWE 1.28.707.10;
    • Unsecured stock kernel with edits for init.d, nano text editing, etc;
    • Tegra3 power mngmt fixed and full GPU rendering, courtesy of the great mike1986;
    • All bloatware and extraneous images, etc. removed;
    • My own blend of init.d scripts (combined into one script) for stable and smooth performance;
    • Semi-transparent notifications bar (app drawer to come once m10 tools done);
    • Recent apps key remapped to settings, long press home key for recent apps (this does NOT have the volume key media mod, as I can't stand it);
    • Simple extended power menu mod, just has the additional reboot functions (NOT part of a tweaks program);
    • All widgets & app shortcuts, except the weather clock, removed from home screens on first boot so you don't have to waste time removing them...
    • PNGs in main graphics apks (com.htc.resources, framework-res, Rosie, etc.) optimized;
    • More I can't remember...

Known Issues
    • After first boot graphics on notifications bar gimped, this goes away after another reboot;
    • All gapps may not be perfectly up-to-date...;);

Installation Instructions

• MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP!!!
    • It is best, but not absolutely necessary, to have the latest 1.28.707.10 firmware on your device. If you already have the latest firmware, ignore the following. If you don't, do this:
      - re-lock your bootloader (reboot to fastboot and type "fastboot oem lock" in terminal/command prompt),
      - flash the 1.26.707.2 RUU (here),
      - install the OTA update when you are prompted to,
      - unlock bootloader at htcdev.com,
      - flash CWM recovery (see this forum for the thread), and you are set to go...
    • Flash the boot.img linked to below by placing the "boot.img" in the same folder as your fastboot file, booting into fastboot and then typing "fastboot flash boot boot.img" (in OS X, you can place the boot.img in your home folder);
    • No need to wipe anything as flashing this ROM will wipe everything for you, including data --- I REPEAT, FLASHING THIS ROM WILL WIPE EVERYTHING, INCLUDING YOUR DATA!!! This will NOT happen in future versions (although I always suggest a full wipe before flashing);
    • Flash the ROM in CWM recovery;
    • Let things settle down, sync, etc.;
    • Enjoy, and post feedback, suggestions in the thread....

Downloads

boot.img (FLASH FIRST!!)

Mirror 1 (Goo-IM): http://tinyw.in/HwgY
    Mirror 2 (MediaFire): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6d4n0tsqnkk5t1o

MD5: f0c09cc279256ddf591d75c1f3e0aa80

ROM

Mirror 1 (Dev-Host): http://d-h.st/5BI
    Mirror 2 (FileFactory):http://www.filefactory.com/file/xc5oxx6vsa1/n/Magnolia_X_1_0.zip
    Mirror 3 (Dropbox): http://bit.ly/Ic6i6o

MD5: 3669bf4c13795b4868b57a4d34aa44d9

Thanks & Credits
    • Mike1986 for spotting the tegra3 power screw up and for the full GPU mod;
    • j4n87, |||bored|||, Chingy and blubbers for the code that I based my key remaps and power menu tweaks off of (coded them myself, but these were the models);
    • Goo Inside Me for hosting my ROMs for free;
    • XDA and all its devs for being awesome;
    • If I missed anyone else, it was UNINTENTIONAL, and a PM will see things set straight!

WARNING

While I have tested this ROM extensively, I cannot guarantee that it is free from bugs and/or will not harm your device. Accordingly, YOU FLASH THE ROM LINKED TO IN THIS POST AT YOU OWN RISK. I cannot and will not be held responsible in any way for anything that may happen to you, your device or others as a direct or indirect result of flashing the ROM linked to in this post.
    Delay

Hey all, sorry that I have not been working on this (although noone seems to be able to download, anyway). I sold my One X to get the AT&T version, but I am also getting another international version due to a long story that ends with me getting lucky. ANYWAY, I have been porting in the CM "Notification Toggles" based on a port I did for the HTC thunderbolt last year (think they are done, but no phone to test on...), as I prefer these to quick settings, and am working with the recently released Virtuous 10 tools to see what I can do with the m10 files to theme Rosie (not sure what's up there). In addition, I am working on my own tweaks app based on Romanbb's app that I had ported into my sense 3.5 ROMs for Verizon HTC devices. I don't want to just use someone else's version, and I like the way mine worked, so I will be doing that.

In any event, I should be back up with a Much improved ROM in terms of features and performance in a week or so...

See you then

Steve
    New Mirror

Oh, and I am putting up a new, Dev-Host mirror right now, it's uploadfing, just in case anyone wants to try the ROM (yes, I know it's not as flashy as those from the heavy hitters, but its smooth as hell (esp. on the Asian Firmwares) and very stable.

Steve
    My heart dropped for a moment there... Temporarily living in Singapore for work, I would prefer to use the Asian firmware since I bought the phone here. It seems to be more reliable too. I also like knowing when I move back to the US it will have been tested working well on AT&T.

I have yet to dabble into full ROM building and making mods with the whole odexed business kinda scares me. I dipped my toes into some theming and basic mods on the Arc-S & GNex but don't recall odexed files on either. So, I'm glad there is still hope for your work here.

P.S. other current & abandoned tweaks/mods for Euro Roms seem to work OK with yours. Be sure to clear the cache & be patient on boots and initial Rosie loads though!

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Definitely. I just need to "catch up" with what the other devs are putting out, and I want to do all the work myself in my way. That will take some time, but it will be worth it. I have a style, understated and easy to use, that I want to keep, but there are so many amazing possibilities, I want those I feel are valuable to be available, too.

Singapore rocks, BTW. Lived extensively in Asia, and always loved going there. They speak Mandarin (the only Chinese I can speak) and English and the food is amazing...

BTW, don't be too freaked out by odex files, they are just "optimized" dex files. Most developers de-odex their ROMs, which takes the code from the odex files and assembles them into classes.dex within the apk. The standard HTC kitchen will do most of this in batch form, although it is getting a bit outdated, and some apks have to be deodexed with baksmali, specifying API level and dependencies. In fact, there was one file in the One X I had to build an unreleased version of baksmali for to get deodexed (phone). Anyway, ranting, the point is that the odex files generally are removed, then you can work on the ROM (although some swear the odexed ROMs are faster).

Steve
    Spanish, I could not find it in the Asian firmware.

It's in there. I just put espanol espana, and todo es en espanol. The keyboard also says its ES, but still need long press for some common symbols, like the "n"s in the previous sentence.

Hope this helps.

Steve