Flashing Home and Menu Lights

Search This thread

American Raptor

Oct 28, 2009
Hello Everyone,

Earlier I tried rooting my phone with a file I downloaded that was named r2-4399-6601-streak-superboot.zip. Basically, it worked, however I'm having the problem where the Menu and Home buttons alternate flashing very fast. Also, my menu sometimes stays lit up while the other two are dark.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem? As far as I know I am still running the stock rom with the stock baseband. If it helps, I am at build number 6601, my baseband version is GAUSB1A111231-US. My OEM version matches my Baseband, except for the -US on the end. My kernel version is 2.6.29-perf and my firmware version is 1.6

Factory restore did nothing for me, that was the first thing I tried.

If anyone can help me get rid of this annoyance that would be great. I'm trying not to update my phone to O2's 2.1 rom as I am looking forward to the 2.2 update from Dell. I'll gladly unroot my phone if needed, if someone can tell me how...

Last edited:

tina333

Sep 6, 2010
Cornwall
hey, there is a known problem with flashing for anyone that has upgraded to dj_steves v1.2.0 & above espcially when using rebelsim as the baseband is not compatible yet. Other than that... your description sounds just like an app i got from the market called "streakLED" which flashes all different patterns on the buttons when you receive an sms text? My home button also stays lit when i have a message.

Not sure if this helps at all but i thought i would suggest it just incase :)

Sent from my Dell Streak

American Raptor

Oct 28, 2009
I've been to that link... But the only fix the guy had was to install 2.1. I don't feel like going through the trouble of doing that. especially since the 2.2 update is coming soon. I feel like it might just cause trouble for me.

lilshorty

Jan 4, 2008
What suxs is that at leats urs turns on a the way my just got stuck on the Dell logo an never finishes powering on an I get the flashing buttons as well..

Doctor_Watson

Sep 6, 2010
I had this problem also. It is caused by upgrading to a new ROM which is meant for a certain baseband (00 for unlocked Streaks, 21 for UK (I believe) Streaks and 31 for US Streaks) without actually upgrading the baseband as well. For me, it has been a mystery to figure out what the sequence is to get from one baseband to another and one ROM to another. I had this problem flashing lights problem with one Streak when I tried the flash it from one ROM/baseband to another in order to get 2.2 flashed properly (You can't go from AT&T 1.6 directly to DJ Steves 1.5.1). The only thing that fixed it for me was using the QDL Tool. It took my dead Streak with flashing light with God-only-knows what baseband and ROM sequence I had tried to a fully functioning, unlocked Streak with AT&T official 2.2. From there, it was an incredibly simple flash to DJ Steve's 1.5.1 using fastboot. Then I was done. Give the QDL Tool a try if you want 2.2 and it very well might take your phone from dead and worthless to something worth carrying around in your pocket.

The Jack of Clubs

Jan 28, 2007
Houston
yeah the qdl tool is by far the most simple way to get 2.2 on you streak, which you can root without any worries. i dont think theres actually a reason to still be on 1.6.