[Q] AT&T S4 Active - use T-Mobile and want Wi-Fi calling

Search This thread

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
As the subject stated, I have AT&T version of the Galaxy S4 Active. The phone is unlocked (code provided by AT&T) and now I have a T-Mobile SIM card.

I want to do Wi-Fi calling, but couldn't find any information in this forum or when Googling it.

Can anyone provide step-by-step information on this? Preferably, I don't want to install a custom ROM - I use stock ROM (rooted) and it has been stable so far.

As the subject stated, I have AT&T version of the Galaxy S4 Active. The phone is unlocked (code provided by AT&T) and now I have a T-Mobile SIM card.

I want to do Wi-Fi calling, but couldn't find any information in this forum or when Googling it.

Can anyone provide step-by-step information on this? Preferably, I don't want to install a custom ROM - I use stock ROM (rooted) and it has been stable so far.

Check this thread for T-Mobile WiFi calling ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302313). You've got two things working against you though. First you have the AT&T version of the phone, so ours locked down and you can't fully flash ROMs to the phone. You can use SafeStrap to flash ROMs but because of the bootloader being locked your stock with the stock kernel. Second, nobody has got T-Mobile WiFi calling working on non T-Mobile ROMs. So basically you can't do it with the phone you've got.

Reactions: lanwarrior

lanwarrior

Mar 5, 2006
Thanks for the detailed information. Looks like it's not doable given the locked boot loader. :sly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Check this thread for T-Mobile WiFi calling ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2302313). You've got two things working against you though. First you have the AT&T version of the phone, so ours locked down and you can't fully flash ROMs to the phone. You can use SafeStrap to flash ROMs but because of the bootloader being locked your stock with the stock kernel. Second, nobody has got T-Mobile WiFi calling working on non T-Mobile ROMs. So basically you can't do it with the phone you've got.