[ROM][OFFICIAL][Marshmallow 6.0][D2ATT] PAC-ROM

Search This thread

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v22.0.1 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/29/13)

Thanks for the reply. Although I think its a Pandora bug. Doesn't do it when I use power amp

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Yeah, only some music applications make the pops during music playback, while others perform perfectly fine.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v22.0.1 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/29/13)

Sorry about the current nightly not booting. There was a problem with the buildbox as it was still being tested...I'm currently investigating and the next nightly should get fixed.

tobesedated

Jan 30, 2013
London

Has anyone tried flashing the latest nightly? Can't get it to boot. I tried wiping dalvik/cache/system/data and doing a clean install, tried dirty flash over the previous release, and still got the same results. First samsung screen flashes, then screen blacks out and hangs. I never even make it to the second "Galaxy SIII" splash screen.

Ok...thought it was just me. Was just about to download it again to see if it was a bad download...thanks for verifying

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

SlothlyDX

May 14, 2012
Los Angeles
Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM Nightly Builds for SGH-I747

Nightlies have officially begun rolling out, and the next (tonight's) nightly will be fixed and bootable. I have changed the download link in the OP to link to the nightly server as well. :victory:

I know it may be asking much but any chance we can get a build here and there with the 3.0 kernel? At least until the 3.4 kernel is solid? My phone appreciates the 3.0 lol. Your call but just a request. Thanks for your consideration

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

dbaler

Jul 5, 2012
Calgary
Pie!!

Hi, I was wondering why the pie in this rom does not have the most recent switch app thing found in the root box rom. It's really useful for switching. Am I blind and can't see the feature or is it just not in there?

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

I know it may be asking much but any chance we can get a build here and there with the 3.0 kernel? At least until the 3.4 kernel is solid? My phone appreciates the 3.0 lol. Your call but just a request. Thanks for your consideration

Sorry, but every AOSP 4.2 ROM for the S3 has been moving forward to the 3.4 kernel, and so are we. It is fairly stable already and will continue to get better with each nightly.

SlothlyDX

May 14, 2012
Los Angeles

Sorry, but every AOSP 4.2 ROM for the S3 has been moving forward to the 3.4 kernel, and so are we. It is fairly stable already and will continue to get better with each nightly.

Ok thanks. Doesn't hurt to ask lol :p

frosty5689

May 10, 2011

Nightlies have officially begun rolling out, and the next (tonight's) nightly will be fixed and bootable. I have changed the download link in the OP to link to the nightly server as well. :victory:

Will the nightlies be automatically uploaded to goo.im sometime after the build? If not is it doable? Sorry if I'm asking too much. Oh and I've never been able to download pacman from goo, it always shows no compatible ROM when i browse into your pacman ROM list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

baconatorXVI

Dec 24, 2011

Wow! It's really happening! :) I think someone else asked, but will there be a change log?

andy_d0

Oct 2, 2012

What does nightly builds imply? Is it full roms for install or just specific file changes? Never dealt with nightlies so not sure what it entails

IUH1991

Aug 23, 2011
Ottawa

What does nightly builds imply? Is it full roms for install or just specific file changes? Never dealt with nightlies so not sure what it entails

They're full ROMs built automatically everyday with the latest changes. No guarantee of stability.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Reactions: danesusername

klin1344

Nov 11, 2011

Wow! It's really happening! :) I think someone else asked, but will there be a change log?

Sorry, there will be no change log, though you can still get an idea of what's different by looking at the CM change log and AOKP, AOSPA, and PACMAN commits which are linked in the change log post.

Encerspay

Sep 6, 2012

I'm not understanding what's going on with "nightlies".
been looking around on the Internet to no avail.
Could someone explain in blonde terms, please? :)

KorGuy123

Sep 18, 2012
Barrie

I'm not understanding what's going on with "nightlies".
been looking around on the Internet to no avail.
Could someone explain in blonde terms, please? :)

Frequent updates (every night)
Small changes.

Instead of an update with once a week or so with a handful of updates.

Caduceus46

Jan 21, 2012
Toronto

I'm getting a lot of random reboots from the March 29 ROM. I actually have to pull out the battery at least 2-3 times a day. Anyone else that issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Encerspay

bugity

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago

I'm getting a lot of random reboots from the March 29 ROM. I actually have to pull out the battery at least 2-3 times a day. Anyone else that issue?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Yes there are a few freezes but you never need to pull your battery. To reboot just hold the power button for a long time (it will work) or hold all three (vol+vol-pwr) and voilà
(emphasis on the "long time") it can take up to 30 seconds (usually doesnt)

err0r76

Jan 29, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

Installed the 22.0.1 yesterday and even though I didn't experience any FC's or freezes, I did experience some performance degradation on game's fps. I did perform a benchmark test and the results were similar to the results on 21.0.0 with Kt747, so I'm unsure of what all of the was...

I've reverted back to 21.0.0 until all these issues are sorted out. I'm unsure if the performance issue is related to the new linux or not, but I thought I should report this. If it's useless information or if I'm the only one experiencing this feel free to ignore/delete my post. ;)

Cheers

Ps: thanks a bunch for your work - it's highly appreciated!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM Nightly Builds for SGH-I747 (GMail fixed!!)

Original OP
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][Lollipop 5.1.1][D2ATT] PAC-ROM LP-MR1

Header.png

PAC-ROM is built with our own tweaks and options, including picks and features from the best ROMs out there!

Why choose among ROMs, when you have All-in-One !!

Screenshots.png

PAC_man_slider.gif

Features.png

Features_List.png

Disclaimer.png

* By flashing this, you automatically void your warranty! *

* If your phone breaks, blows up or runs away from you, do not cry to us! *

* Do not ask for ETAs!! *

How_to_Install.png

* Download the ROM and GApps *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Wipe data/factory reset *

* Flash the ROM and then GApps *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy *

How_to_Update.png

* Download the latest version *

* Reboot to recovery *

* Flash the ROM *

* Wipe both dalvik cache and cache *

* Reboot your phone *

* Enjoy the latest version of PAC-ROM *

Not_Working.png

Other_Info.png

* None for now *

Download.png

Credits.png

* PAC-ROM Team *

* Cyanogen Team *

* AOKP Team *

* DirtyUnicorns *

* SlimRoms *

* Vanir *

* Omnirom *

* Special thanks to all our Build Bot Providers (see Contributors list for all names) *

* PAC Graphix Team - Graphics, logos and images (see Contributors list for all names) *

* And of course, thank you for your love and support! *

Support.png

Support us with these banners:

pac_user_banner.png

pac_poweredby_banner.png

Help with server costs

donate.gif

XDA:DevDB Information
    Pac-Rom - AT&T, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    Papa Smurf151, manfromgta, clearchris
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information

Created 2015-04-29
    Last Updated 2016-08-13
    That's why I left shortly after klin1344 stopped dev... There's almost no support here anymore :(

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Wait so because I'm not in here everyday answering every tiny question... This rom has no support. Do you have any clue how much work I've put into pac. I host the website, admin the forums, one of the admins for gerrit, maintainer 6 devices (all of the d2 series), have 6 different hangouts for pac members where we actually do our dev work, constantly am adding new devices and maintainers, debug, test, help fix, help keep nightlies running, keep maintainers updated and informed, answer questions on Facebook, g+, and multiple forums, moderating om xda, all while working 50+ hours a week, going to school, raising my 9 yr old girl all alone, planning a wedding, and having a life.... But your correct I don't support pac at all... Guess I should close up shop and say screw it.

Nah I'll just let you sit there and continue to believe that you know what your talking about. Feel free to go back to PA where there's plenty of support by the dev's there... Lol

XDA Moderator
    Re: [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.2.2] PAC-Man ROM v21.0.0 [AOSPA + AOKP + CM10.1] (3/13/13)

Some good news for you guys...

We (the pacman team) have been discussing many things as pacman gains more and more popularity among users. There might be official nightlies rolling out in the near future, plus an official website is in the works. That's all I will say for now, but I can tell you that good things are coming. :)

PAC-Man release v22.0.1 (3/29/13)

The new PAC-Man build is available!

Changes in v22.0.1:

3/29/13​
    • PAC-Man v22.0.1
    • built with latest CM10.1, AOKP, and AOSPA sources, as always
    • lots of changes to the 3.4 kernel (credits CM)
    • kernel freezing and lockup issues have been fixed (credits CM)
    • added Hybrid Toggle
    • added QuietHours Toggle
    • added Quick Pulldown feature
    • included new PAC bootanimation
    • LOTS of frameworks code cleanup
    • bug fixes
    • more... (8 days worth of development :p)

The included stock kernel is recommended for now until KT releases an update with the kernel lockup fix.