So you want to build AOKP PUB?

Search This thread

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
I get that error sometimes too. Just a glitch or something. Mine always kept going hopefully urs will too. As far the rom is concerned just PM him and ask. He pretty cool dude, prolly wont have problem with it.

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
I've been downloading 1 out of 5 file for over two fken hours lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
Doesn't seem like a big deal it doesn't even give me a warning it ignores it but I get the two following errors when resyncing the source

Curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

Server does not provide clone.bundle; ignoring.

After the errors it contacts the server and downloads the manifest just fine

7azeze3y.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

I wonder if Stephen would allow me to create a cherry picked to death version of this kinda like this ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2119369

Please do I don't have time to really focus on the fascinate so anything based on my work for AOKP/pub is appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
OK after downloading sources for almost 2 days Lol I'm finnaly building so far succesfull with not one error :D

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
Huh lol this is taking forever lol whenever I enter fascinate I get invalid lunch combo

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
Thanks now it seems to be working I'm cooking some bacon now :thumbup::D

Last edited:

bbrad

Sep 22, 2012
Lucedale
And I got this while building slowly making progress lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360108418351.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360108418351.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 86
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360108489469.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360108489469.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 85

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
Finally all synced up. Building now. Don't even wanna use my browser while it builds. Nothing gonna stop me. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

bmeek

Jun 2, 2007
Nice! I went out and got new computer just for linux today. Seting it up as we speak!!! Let the fun begin bbrad!!!!!

New computer's great, but I'm wondering if you wouldn't be better off using Amazon AWS and their offer of a "free usage tier" for a Linux EC2 instance in the cloud.

I haven't had any need for a Linux machine, but I used AWS to setup some windows-based servers for work and was surprised at what I could have done on Linux for free...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

BDogg718

Apr 12, 2011
Slaughtermore
ok..so i finally got this all synced up. Now im starting to build...problem is: when i imput this code: mv platform_manifest/kernel_manifest.xml ../.repo/local_manifest.xml It returns this error: mv: cannot stat `platform_manifest/kernel_manifest.xml': No such file or directory. There is such a file, kernel_manifest.xml. PLEASE what am I doing wrong? I have successfully built before...mind u it was CM7 and it was about a year ago, and all I was doing was following steps like with this thread. SOmeone please help me out here. I promise to be a major contributor/maintainer if someone will have me...lol.. if I could just get it done once Ill be off and running.
I know our devs are very busy guys and dont sometimes enjoy helping out kinda noobs like myself...but i assure whoever can help, that your time and help will not go unrewared. I just wanna finally be able to do this...been trying for weeks....was so happy when I saw this thread..just need a lil push in the right direction.

BTW Steve..never got a ty for the beer..lol...know ur busy man..just bustin balls..lol

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok guys haha i need more help im getting 2 new error

heres the first which i dont get becouse everything looks good to me and isee no error

device/samsung/aries-common/overlay/frameworks/base/core/res/res/values/arrays.xml:25: error: Error parsing XML: mismatched tag

and heres the 2nd this is a new error

make: *** [/home/bradley/aokp_jb/out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/package-export.apk] Error 1

attached some pics of the xml

you didn't edit the xml correctly. The beginning of a commented line in xml starts with '<!--' and ends with '-->'

gedit is a good editor because it color-codes things, you can tell when something is commented out because the text is highlighted in blue. Or you can just delete the offending lines.

Don't make clean or clobber before restarting your build at this point. Redoing it all from scratch each time is just wasting time. Just restart the build after editing the xml files. Once you get to the point things are actually compiling all the way, then make clobber and what not to make sure each new build is clean.

Chances are other files will give you problems. Just look at the error messages to find what resources are missing from the aokp source, and delete the offending **** from the overlay in aries-common or fascinatemtd trees.

/goes back to chugging beer and hacking on camera code
    Building AOKP PUB for fascinate on JB 4.2 mr1

If you have built ROMs from source before skip to part 2

Part one do this STOP after Move to our new AOKP directory

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/31166-tutorial-so-you-want-to-build-aokp-jb-ubuntu-1204/

Part 2 sync to Unicorn Butter and pull fascinate build products and frameworks fixes for PUB

Code:
     repo init -u https://github.com/UnicornButter/platform_manifest.git -b jb-mr1-fascinate
     repo sync -j#     <---- # = number of cores your cpu has

*** on the first sync only ********************************************
    Code:
    mv platform_manifest/kernel_manifest.xml ../.repo/local_manifest.xml
    repo sync -j#     <---- # = number of cores your cpu has

Code:
     cd platform_manifest
     ./pick.sh

Part 3 build this stuffs

Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch
    #      <-- choose # for fascinate
    make -j# bacon     <---- # = number of cores your cpu has

Part 4 profit

finished build should be located in out/target/products/fascinatemtd

Part 5 Time for another build?

Code:
    repo sync -j#
    cd platform_manifest
    ./pick.sh
    ** build the stuffs

Part 6 Cherry-picks?
    this can get tricky if the commits don't merge nicely and often Works in process will break the build or cause major problems…. but you want it ? you got it.

go to the gerrit project you want to pick

http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/#/c/5117/

click cherry pick and either copy all the text in the box below or click the copy to clip board button

tTIihYd.png

cd to dir you picking to in this case

Code:
    cd frameworks/base

paste the code in this case

Code:
    git fetch http://gerrit.sudoservers.com/AOKP/frameworks_base refs/changes/17/5117/23 && git cherry-pick FETCH_HEAD

then build as usual

if you get merge conflicts and you don't know what your doing just rm -rf the dir in this case

Code:
    rm -rf frameworks/base

and resync.

Happy building.

Steve
    Sync cm-10.1 branches of the device and kernel trees, not jellybean. Your files are out of date.
    Updated everything now let's see how it builds :D:thumbup:

Sent by Hellybelly 4.2.2

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Yeo its building good now sorry for wasting your time Motta I guees it wasn't really a waste thanks to you and jt I can now build aokp 4.2.2 for the fassy :D:thumbup::beer:

Sent by Hellybelly 4.2.2

No worries bbrad! Not a waste if you learned something... ;)

Also at least one of those errors was legit! Rock on with it fellows! :highfive:
    Doesn't seem like a big deal it doesn't even give me a warning it ignores it but I get the two following errors when resyncing the source

Curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404

Server does not provide clone.bundle; ignoring.

After the errors it contacts the server and downloads the manifest just fine

7azeze3y.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

I wonder if Stephen would allow me to create a cherry picked to death version of this kinda like this ROM http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2119369

Please do I don't have time to really focus on the fascinate so anything based on my work for AOKP/pub is appreciated

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2