how can I revert flashed kernel settings

Search This thread

spidasense

Feb 19, 2013
so I, for the first time, flashed that new kernel on the front page of this discussion which overclocks the cpu. I have the newest version of jellybean installed so I considered that a stock based rom and thought it would work. in power svae mode the screen would go all crazy, balanced mode it was aalright except it would crash after a while. peformance mode would crash even sooner. so I found a stock based kernel and flashed that. Everything is fine now except the previous kernel changed some settings on the screen rresolution or something with the gpu which increased screen size I guess cause now my custom Hubs GUI is all spaced out which I had previously and meticulously spaced before hand. it caused smaller screen titles and smaller widgets basically making things look out of proportion. is there a way to revert those settings? it seems since the stock kernel doesnt innately change gpu settings that it didnt revert the settings initially set by the first kernel. the kernel I flashed to fix it was a stock kernel slightly modified from cleanrom to do something dpi and some other unimportant thing so it isnt the completely stock kernel but it is stock based. does anyone think If I flash a true stock kernel it will get fixed? if so can I get a link to said kernel or will I have to extract it myself from a stock rom

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
so I, for the first time, flashed that new kernel on the front page of this discussion which overclocks the cpu. I have the newest version of jellybean installed so I considered that a stock based rom and thought it would work. in power svae mode the screen would go all crazy, balanced mode it was aalright except it would crash after a while. peformance mode would crash even sooner. so I found a stock based kernel and flashed that. Everything is fine now except the previous kernel changed some settings on the screen rresolution or something with the gpu which increased screen size I guess cause now my custom Hubs GUI is all spaced out which I had previously and meticulously spaced before hand. it caused smaller screen titles and smaller widgets basically making things look out of proportion. is there a way to revert those settings? it seems since the stock kernel doesnt innately change gpu settings that it didnt revert the settings initially set by the first kernel. the kernel I flashed to fix it was a stock kernel slightly modified from cleanrom to do something dpi and some other unimportant thing so it isnt the completely stock kernel but it is stock based. does anyone think If I flash a true stock kernel it will get fixed? if so can I get a link to said kernel or will I have to extract it myself from a stock rom

You can't use custom OC kernel with stock rom. You need to flash custom rom like Cleanrom and you can flash what ever kernel you want that designed for CleanRom.

spidasense

Feb 19, 2013
You can't use custom OC kernel with stock rom. You need to flash custom rom like Cleanrom and you can flash what ever kernel you want that designed for CleanRom.

ooh I see. the kernel I flashed was the clemsyn kernel and I just saw that it was for clean rom. damn ok lesson learned. anyway to revert the setings it changed on my gpu?

p.s. can I flash roms on my tablet without losing app data or settings or my hub UI settings? im on 4.1.1

Last edited:

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
ooh I see. the kernel I flashed was the clemsyn kernel and I just saw that it was for clean rom. damn ok lesson learned. anyway to revert the setings it changed on my gpu?

p.s. can I flash roms on my tablet without losing app data or settings or my hub UI settings? im on 4.1.1

You should able to flash cleanrom without losing any data, during the install there're options for many kernels, I suggest try the "_that stock kernel" first

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012

Anyone else with an unlocked bootloader uses a custom ROM that sets the display dpi. This has nothing to do with the GPU, it's just a setting that tells Android the display resolution so that it can scale UI elements accordingly.

To get your 240 dpi back, either install CleanROM Inheritance, or the first kernel in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106689

spidasense

Feb 19, 2013
that is actually the kernel Iflashed to ttry and fix the dpi. thanks for informing me on that, I had a hunch dpi had something t odo with the problem I was having. I only tried one of them I guess theother one (ill have to check my sd card to find out which one ) will fix it.

and to be clear, I can flash clear rom inheritince and not lose app data or settings?
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app