[REF] Modem / Radio Collection (M919 I9505) Odin Flashable MDL

Search This thread

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
All modems (radio / baseband) here are for the T-Mobile M919 I9505 variant only!!

i've seen quite a few people around the threads looking for just modems so figured i'd share. i'll try to keep the thread up to date as our new firmwares release. i'll look into making CWM for those that may want it to be flashable but for now

please follow these instructions
with Odin:

Extract the contents of 7zip/zip archive. Put it in your Odin folder. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:

1. Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
2. Click Phone and select the TAR.md5 you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
3. Don't panic. Odin may freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.

* Put your device into Download Mode:

5. Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
6. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power.

7. You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.

8. Click Start in Odin.
9. Wait!
10. Device will auto reboot

UVUAMDL Baseband - 05.07.2013

Last edited:

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've tried to Odin mdl but it stays at mdb

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

make sure you are selecting Phone and not PDA. confirmed working by numerous people.

Can we get the MDB radio as well? Would be good to have to experiment with. I found some dead areas, that I did not notice were dead before I changed to MDL.

if you can pull it. i don't have those files on hand. i may get them tmw.

Reactions: DigitalUnderground

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Seems like i9505 have the solution to flash through recovery.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192025

Maybe we would get it soon? ;p

this is a one part modem.bin. the Odin file in OP is a two-part modem, modem.bin and NON-HLOS.bin. i'm fairly certain we need both parts and am not sure how that works via CWM. i can make one with both parts flashed to the modem location, but can't guarantee what that would do if anything...

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
I did that sir. Still saying MDB in about. Sorry :(

Running Wicked 2

I did the same, Odin to phone and it says MDB but Odin reported 1 successful and 0 failed. Isn't there two files though?

MD5 checked out so I know all of that is solid it wasn't a bad download, maybe it's a glitch or something.

mrvirginia

Jun 12, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I did the same, Odin to phone and it says MDB but Odin reported 1 successful and 0 failed. Isn't there two files though?

MD5 checked out so I know all of that is solid it wasn't a bad download, maybe it's a glitch or something.

yes, two files but it will always say 1 successful. says same when you flash an entire stock image which includes quite a few files (imgs).

Last edited:

Orical

May 22, 2011
Boston
yes, two files but it will stay say 1 successful. says same when you flash an entire stock image which includes quite a few files (imgs).

I saw the other file you listed in the scroll report while flashing but it never said it errored at all just listed then completed the reboot, meh maybe it's just one of those things it's hit or miss depending on the device.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All modems (radio / baseband) here are for the T-Mobile M919 I9505 variant only!!

i've seen quite a few people around the threads looking for just modems so figured i'd share. i'll try to keep the thread up to date as our new firmwares release. i'll look into making CWM for those that may want it to be flashable but for now

please follow these instructions
    with Odin:

Extract the contents of 7zip/zip archive. Put it in your Odin folder. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
    Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:

1. Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
    2. Click Phone and select the TAR.md5 you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
    3. Don't panic. Odin may freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.

* Put your device into Download Mode:

5. Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
    6. Hold Volume Down + Home + Power.

7. You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.

8. Click Start in Odin.
    9. Wait!
    10. Device will auto reboot

UVUAMDL Baseband - 05.07.2013
    This should be stickied

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app
    Yes if you have them that would be great, upload them and post the links and I'll grab them.

yeah either or. i have to be at home to make it for Odin because i need Linux.

Sent both of you a PM with a link to the files. Looking forward to having this added as an option for users that have been looking for it.
    @mrvirginia, can you please update your thread with the latest 4.3 mk2 modem pretty please. Lol it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

+1

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

yes, most certainly. i've been trying to get everything updated. i have the files. i will try to get this updated on monday, tuesday at the latest
    Since I still have MDB, I pulled all of the dev blocks and checked each file's structure.
    /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 is NON-HLOS.bin even though the file size is larger than that of MDL

Here are the files for MDB:
    modem.bin
    NON-HLOS.bin