Kingo Sony Bootloader Unlocker

Search This thread

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
The link do not work. BTW, who cares if there is an Official way to do it?

I will not recommended to use it even if it work as this kingo and company are not very safe.

sushi143

Oct 8, 2009
Michigan
I was just sharing incase there were people who are lazy enough to want a one click bootloader unlocker...or in this case it looks like 2-3 clicks? If it really is easier than the official way then why not?
I do not know anything about kingo, just happened to stumble upon it. Maybe it's spam/malware?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Not sure if this will work with the Z1, mines already unlocked so can't find out. From the pictures, it looks like it just uses the same method of unlocking the bootloader that we use, but just automated instead?????

http://www.kingoapp.com/sony-bootloader-unlock.htm

just thought I'd share, if it hasn't already been shared.

Kingo Root was already found to be sending your phone's IMEI number to a server in China. So why in the world would you even consider using this? Especially when Sony themselves provide you with a very easy way of doing it and complete instructions. I guess if you're lazy enough to not care about the potential security risk just to save a few clicks, then you deserve your IMEI to be stolen....

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using Tapatalk

tomodachiHR

Dec 2, 2013
Unofficial unlock

I'm very interested in unofficial bootloader unlock since there is no way to unlock most branded phones like my EU Vodafone version. I don't understand why Sony is doing this and why they refuse to unlock it even if I want to pay for the unlock.

I see that Kingo is also using official method so it is useless to me :(

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would be wary of any one click solution like this.

In the past kingo has been identified with malware, but it cleaned its act up a bit.

The official way is so easy, and the use of flashtool is as well (And that is 100% trusted)