[I9003] Corrupted /data and /emmc partitions

Search This thread

yokowasis

Mar 2, 2013
Hi,
I have got Galaxy SL GT-i9003. The problem is the /data partition can't be mounted. I have already flash stock rom + pit, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Now is there any HACK I can use to fix it ? right now I am stuck in bootlooping on GB and Encryption unsuccessfull on ICS [EHNDROIX] ROM.

Any Help is Really Appreciated. Thanks.

rgxHost

May 6, 2014
Kaiserslautern
Hi,
I have got Galaxy SL GT-i9003. The problem is the /data partition can't be mounted. I have already flash stock rom + pit, but it doesn't solve the problem.

Now is there any HACK I can use to fix it ? right now I am stuck in bootlooping on GB and Encryption unsuccessfull on ICS [EHNDROIX] ROM.

Greetings;

I don't know if you've solved your problem.
But i'll leave some tips.

First of all i want to mention that:

I also came from an ehndroix ICS Rom when i got that problem.

"emmc" Stands for external SDCard
"sdcard" Stands for Internal "SDCard"

Note: "sdcard" it's not an SDCard. This is the device internal storage with a little bit more than 1.5GB.

If you need to fix the emmc (the "real" external SDCard) you can download and install an application that (usually fixes many SDCard problems and size issues)

Application Name: "SDCard Formater"
Download Link: www.sdcard.org

Also know that most custom roms will resize your partitions; wich usually cause that error.

The common fix for your partition problems is to make a clean install.

For a clean install:

1) Remove SD Card
Note: Remove if you have important data there; or leave it if you will flash a ROM from there.

2.1) If you have CWM Recovery on your Device:

Reboot your device in CWM Recovery Mode.

Select: "Advanced" and Erase Dalvik Cache.

Go back and Select: "Mounts and Storage"
And Format:
- Data
- System
- Boot
- Cache

2.2) If you don't have CWM Recovery:

- Flash DDLF2 Full or Stock Firmware from sammmobile.com

- DDLF2 Full Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329200

- Flash CF-Root (wich Contains CWM and Roots the Device)

- Reboot your device in CWM Recovery Mode.

And Format:
- Data
- System
- Boot
- Cache

After that Power Off your device and boot into download mode.
Open Odin; plug the USB Cable; select the files in Odin (note that last 2 files are switched - Modem and CSC)

Press start; and wait untill Odin says "Pass".

Note that 1st boot takes longer.
Also do not remove the cable utill Odin says "Pass"
My device will restart 1 time for each Rom and CF-Root Flash and only then Odin will show the "Pass" message.

I'm not aware of any hacks.
But If there's a way to do it manually for this device (like in previous android devices) then it would be loading into a pseudo "bootloader Mode" wich i think it doesnt exist on this device.
If it does... The steps would be (briefly) Downloading android SDK; locate the folder wich contains adb.exe and fastboot.exe.
Copy | Paste that folder to an easier path to access it through terminal | command prompt.

"adb" will allow you to show all your partitions
"Fastboot" will allow you to erase|format partitions.

But like i said. I tried to do that on my device but without luck. Even with Vendor ID the device wont let me use fastboot.
My solution went to make clean installs.

Please press thanks if i helped you.
This will motivate me into researching more; provide more help; make some applets; tutorials and some more.

Reactions: yokowasis

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
@yokowasis You have posted in the i9000 section. Best delete the text from this post and post it in some Galaxy SL thread.

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Greetings;

I don't know if you've solved your problem.
    But i'll leave some tips.

First of all i want to mention that:

I also came from an ehndroix ICS Rom when i got that problem.

"emmc" Stands for external SDCard
    "sdcard" Stands for Internal "SDCard"

Note: "sdcard" it's not an SDCard. This is the device internal storage with a little bit more than 1.5GB.

If you need to fix the emmc (the "real" external SDCard) you can download and install an application that (usually fixes many SDCard problems and size issues)

Application Name: "SDCard Formater"
    Download Link: www.sdcard.org

Also know that most custom roms will resize your partitions; wich usually cause that error.

The common fix for your partition problems is to make a clean install.

For a clean install:

1) Remove SD Card
    Note: Remove if you have important data there; or leave it if you will flash a ROM from there.

2.1) If you have CWM Recovery on your Device:

Reboot your device in CWM Recovery Mode.

And Format:
    - Data
    - System
    - Boot
    - Cache

2.2) If you don't have CWM Recovery:

- Flash DDLF2 Full or Stock Firmware from sammmobile.com

- DDLF2 Full Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2329200

- Flash CF-Root (wich Contains CWM and Roots the Device)

- Reboot your device in CWM Recovery Mode.

And Format:
    - Data
    - System
    - Boot
    - Cache

After that Power Off your device and boot into download mode.
    Open Odin; plug the USB Cable; select the files in Odin (note that last 2 files are switched - Modem and CSC)

Press start; and wait untill Odin says "Pass".

Note that 1st boot takes longer.
    Also do not remove the cable utill Odin says "Pass"
    My device will restart 1 time for each Rom and CF-Root Flash and only then Odin will show the "Pass" message.

I'm not aware of any hacks.
    But If there's a way to do it manually for this device (like in previous android devices) then it would be loading into a pseudo "bootloader Mode" wich i think it doesnt exist on this device.
    If it does... The steps would be (briefly) Downloading android SDK; locate the folder wich contains adb.exe and fastboot.exe.
    Copy | Paste that folder to an easier path to access it through terminal | command prompt.

"adb" will allow you to show all your partitions
    "Fastboot" will allow you to erase|format partitions.

But like i said. I tried to do that on my device but without luck. Even with Vendor ID the device wont let me use fastboot.
    My solution went to make clean installs.

Please press thanks if i helped you.
    This will motivate me into researching more; provide more help; make some applets; tutorials and some more.