[BOOTANIMATION] Xoom Bootanimation

Search This thread

arodey

Jul 4, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Google Pixel 6
So this is the Xoom bootanimtion rotated and scaled to fit our phone. I just pulled it from the system dump. Sent it to my boy bigt305. Then he did all the magic. DO NOT FLASH!!! You have to move it to /system/media with Root Explorer, etc. Enjoy, I do!

EDIT: So I added a tweaked one which seems to run better, on my phone at least. Also here's a link to a flashable version http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11652410&postcount=458. Be sure to thank Kfunk.

Attachments

• tweaked_bootanimation.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 532
  • original_bootanimation.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 421
Last edited:

ccrosno

Aug 24, 2010
Indianapolis
So this is the Xoom bootanimtion rotated and scaled to fit our phone. I just pulled it from the system dump. Sent it to my boy bigt305. Then he did all the magic. DO NOT FLASH!!! You have to move it to /system/media with Root Explorer, etc. Enjoy, I do!

Just installed it. Looks good. The only Honeycomb boot we've seen so far. Nice job!

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Very nice! Thanks for this! I attached a honeycomb wallpaper that fits nicely with it. :D

glowy_hex.jpg

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

dubach

Nov 15, 2010
so i am having trouble getting this to wrk.. this is what i did. i downloaded the tweaked bootanimation.zip and moved it ver to my sdcard. the i moved that zip to the system/media and deleted the old boot animation . but it just goes to the original android boot animation. What did i do wrong?

so i am having trouble getting this to wrk.. this is what i did. i downloaded the tweaked bootanimation.zip and moved it ver to my sdcard. the i moved that zip to the system/media and deleted the old boot animation . but it just goes to the original android boot animation. What did i do wrong?

rename tweaked_bootanimation to bootanimation

dubach

Nov 15, 2010
rename tweaked_bootanimation to bootanimation

well, i did as you said but then i restarted it and now it just goes black and doesnt show any boot animation. then it loads up like normal. but it seems to skip the boot animation. any ideas? i think i will replace it with a new download and see what that does.

Shadow666walker

Feb 28, 2011
Toledo
well, i did as you said but then i restarted it and now it just goes black and doesnt show any boot animation. then it loads up like normal. but it seems to skip the boot animation. any ideas? i think i will replace it with a new download and see what that does.

Bootanimation.zip is what you're aiming for. Make sure the extension is there.

Last edited:

dubach

Nov 15, 2010
I will try that. I'm pretty sure I did that but ill try again

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

user7618

Jul 26, 2010
Indianapolis
Eh it did seem to work =[

Sent from my HTC Hero CDMA using XDA App

Not to be condensending, but lets review what you should do. :)

1. Dl the zip.
2. Rename zip to "bootanimation.zip", no quotation marks.
3. Move file to the system/media folder. There should be one there already.
4. Paste the new .zip. It should ask if you want to overwrite the current. Say yes.
5. Reboot. It should work at this time.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be an ass, just trying to help. I know the file is good, I use it myself.

-----
Sent from my CDMA Hero. I got some hot Gingerbread-on-Hero action here!

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
HELPFUL INFO FOR *ALL* BOOT ANIMATION ZIPS
AND *ALL* USERS:

I always drop boot anim zips into data/local, that way it sticks through every ROM flashover when you don't wipe. So follow user's instructions, only leave the system one alone and put it in data/local, it will automatically override the system media. Try it and report back. Also, if it still won't work, which I doubt, you could try the non-tweaked version ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: busstomper

dubach

Nov 15, 2010
well, its official, this boot animation just doesn't like my phone lol. i'm using the lastest aospgbmod. so i think i shall give up on it now. thanks tho for everyone that tried to help me out!!!

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Great job on the tweaked animation, looks awesome!!! I just dropped it into /system/media w/ root explorer b/c I do a complete wipe when updating ROMs. :eek:

kcptemple

Sep 6, 2007
What do you use to move the file? I tried file manager and i cant rename, cant move, cant copy to... its like its locked or something... Any suggestions?

vayman

Jun 8, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
What do you use to move the file? I tried file manager and i cant rename, cant move, cant copy to... its like its locked or something... Any suggestions?

As stated in the OP, you need a file manager w/ R/W capabilities like Root Explorer to mount /system. I use Root Explorer myself. It's a paid app but worth every penny! I've never used EStrongs (ES File Explorer) but it is free and may work. Not sure though, sorry.

Last edited:

XGodOfModzX

Jul 16, 2010
Idk if I should ask for a flashable tweaked bootanimation.zip or manually do it myself.

EDIT: Can Estrongs file manager do this or only root explorer do this?

Sent from a delicious CDMA HTC Hero baked with Gingerbread covered in honey......mmmmm.....

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EDIT: So I added a tweaked one which seems to run better, on my phone at least. Also here's a link to a flashable version http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11652410&postcount=458. Be sure to thank Kfunk.
    HELPFUL INFO FOR *ALL* BOOT ANIMATION ZIPS
    AND *ALL* USERS:

I always drop boot anim zips into data/local, that way it sticks through every ROM flashover when you don't wipe. So follow user's instructions, only leave the system one alone and put it in data/local, it will automatically override the system media. Try it and report back. Also, if it still won't work, which I doubt, you could try the non-tweaked version ;)
    As stated in the OP, you need a file manager w/ R/W capabilities like Root Explorer to mount /system. I use Root Explorer myself. It's a paid app but worth every penny! I've never used EStrongs (ES File Explorer) but it is free and may work. Not sure though, sorry.
    There's a free program in the market called Super Manager. That's what I used to copy the bootanimation.zip file over to /system/media. Just need to change permissions to R/W first.