Difference between Super LCD and Super Clear LCD?

Search This thread

atn_chargers

Jun 23, 2010
Hi guys, I just bought an Incredible S online for $480. It was a pretty good deal. Anyway, I checked the specs and saw that the IS is equipped with a SLCD screen. I haven't been able to find out much about the comparison of a SLCD and a SCLCD. Does anyone have some info?

despard

Feb 28, 2011
I think they are just the same thing. I believe SLCD is a product developed by Samsung and Sony, so I think maybe different names for the same product .

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using XDA App

chobie

Mar 16, 2010
Super Lcd is much clearer than super clear Lcd. G2 I believe used the super clear Lcd and IS has a clearer and brighter display than the G2.

ashman3000

Apr 4, 2011
Hi guys, I just bought an Incredible S online for $480. It was a pretty good deal. Anyway, I checked the specs and saw that the IS is equipped with a SLCD screen. I haven't been able to find out much about the comparison of a SLCD and a SCLCD. Does anyone have some info?

you need to tell us where you got the is for $480

CCloak

Jan 30, 2009
Super Lcd is much clearer than super clear Lcd. G2 I believe used the super clear Lcd and IS has a clearer and brighter display than the G2.

G2 is just another super lcd phone.
Super clear lcd is pure samsung technology, and like the super amoled, it is only for samsung phones. Nexus s i9023 and samsung i9003 are the only higher end phones using one.

In short, sclcd is comparable to super amoled. Better color balance, great brightness on sunlight, but at the cost of weaker contrast(not as black as samoled)

atn_chargers

Jun 23, 2010
you need to tell us where you got the is for $480

Yeah I got pretty lucky. Some guy on ebay had it for sell for $480. He said he bought it brand new for $550; he only had it for a week. I messaged him and asked him if there was anything wrong with the phone. He said no, but he bought the phone thinking it would work with AT&T's 3G. He even specifically listed in his auction "DOES NOT WORK WITH USA 3G". Little did he know AWS is the T-mobile's 1700/2100 frequency band. So, his loss is my gain :D

Very curious of why HTC just slipped in the AWS band?? I'm sure they weren't targeting T-Mobile US customers. Maybe the AWS band was intended for Canadian services?

NardVa

Mar 20, 2011
Yeah I got pretty lucky. Some guy on ebay had it for sell for $480. He said he bought it brand new for $550; he only had it for a week. I messaged him and asked him if there was anything wrong with the phone. He said no, but he bought the phone thinking it would work with AT&T's 3G. He even specifically listed in his auction "DOES NOT WORK WITH USA 3G". Little did he know AWS is the T-mobile's 1700/2100 frequency band. So, his loss is my gain :D

Very curious of why HTC just slipped in the AWS band?? I'm sure they weren't targeting T-Mobile US customers. Maybe the AWS band was intended for Canadian services?

HTC new exactly what they were doing when they put the AWS band in the Incredible s. They're just getting the most for their product. They already new they had a version of the phone going to Verizon as an exclusive phone. They also have it going to Virgin and Bell in Canada which means those particular models will work on AT&T 3G/4G. So now you have Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile customers buying one phone. (AT&T and T-Mobile customers have to buy it unlocked at full price)

Hawkysoft

Jul 21, 2010
Rotterdam

U-SIR-FAILED.jpg

WOW '08 account posted his first comment... Read question next time please...

Last edited:

arghya1000

Nov 9, 2011
Super clear lcd n super lcd r different in many ways. Super clear lcd has this bluish colour to it when displaying whites while da slcd has whiter whites. Sclcd has very good viewing angles almost like super amoled.All in all its a modified n better slcd n is meant to be closer to super amoled in quality