Galaxy Nexus White Housing

Search This thread

kvizz

May 19, 2009
Going to be honest, I LOVE MY WHITE GNEX.

It's so sexy. Crazy how the white housings are so expensive/hard to find.

the silver ones are so cheap.

Reactions: dnlsmy

trainerKEN

Jun 11, 2009
You could always just use this :p

Whiteout.JPG

Reactions: MetalMessiah78

sway40

Jul 11, 2009
Houston Tx
It's taking it's sweet ass time coming to verizon as usual, so who knows. Im ready with payment the sec I know about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

3py0n

Nov 25, 2010
now we just gotta wait for the bundle to come back in stock.

Btw can anyone comment on the battery cover and its material.

Is it the same material/texture as the original?

Or is it more like the SGS2 white's battery cover...cause it was ugly.

malikadnanm

Apr 9, 2007
Philly

I have the stock white version. The back material is very smooth and all plastic, making it extremely slippery. The titanium version has a rubbery and more textured back, which I like better.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

kvizz

May 19, 2009

i had the t989 and hated the white back cover, it was super slippery, no texture at all.

gsm white version has a plastic texture you sort of can feel, but it's still slippery.

either way, i like the nexus white better than the t989.

3py0n

Nov 25, 2010
i had the t989 and hated the white back cover, it was super slippery, no texture at all.

gsm white version has a plastic texture you sort of can feel, but it's still slippery.

either way, i like the nexus white better than the t989.

ooo thanks for the notice.

Yea for the i9100 I HATED the white's battery cover....i'm a little skeptical as to whether or not I want the white housing now...if I can find a white battery cover that is essentially like the original one (with the textured back) but white...I'd be so down!

danboard

Dec 26, 2009
Vancouver
Just did my replacement, since I use the extended battery cover the white housing camera faceplate looked pretty terrible with the grey cover so I replaced it.

white_galaxy_nexus_official_0.jpg

R0015122.JPG

R0015123.JPG

R0015124.JPG

xetas

Nov 3, 2010
Would this same housing work for the Verizon version?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

kvizz

May 19, 2009
Just did my replacement, since I use the extended battery cover the white housing camera faceplate looked pretty terrible with the grey cover so I replaced it.

http://boonce.org/up/white_galaxy_nexus_official_0.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://boonce.org/up/R0015122.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://boonce.org/up/R0015123.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://boonce.org/up/R0015124.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

That doesn't look bad at all!!! My concern was there aren't any white extended covers, but it actually looks nice.

Any pictures before the camera change? Black camera face plate with white cover?

and where did you buy the dark camera cover?

thanks!

danboard

Dec 26, 2009
Vancouver
That doesn't look bad at all!!! My concern was there aren't any white extended covers, but it actually looks nice.

Any pictures before the camera change? Black camera face plate with white cover?

and where did you buy the dark camera cover?

thanks!

I got the camera face plate from the original housing. Its a pretty straight forward change all you do is you lift the metal tabs and pull it off. If you plan on doing it you'll see exactly what I mean.

lookitzjohnny

Aug 4, 2010
NORTHERN, CA
Ordered my case on the May 4th, payment went through may 5th, was shipped out and never got a tracking number.. contacted the seller twice for tracking number with no response.. what to do?

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
I was taking a look at the picture shots of the interior of the housings and I noticed that both white and grey housings have water damage sticker shields.

Does the white housing sold by rb-sale-s on ebay come with water stickers? Aka you don't have to pull the old ones out to stick them onto the new housing?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is one of the rare cases where the original color of the phone looks 10 time better than the white one... im just saying... i love the titanium.... the white just doesnt sit right with me... plus it isnt going to get its updates directly from google... is u have the gsm titanium one... id say stick with it... just saying

You did a lot of "just saying".

I'm just saying. Lol.:D
    kms108 - Was it REALLY necessary to quote and re-post all of the giant pictures that petsasj originally posted directly above you?
    Wow that looks pretty good, I am almost tempted to give it a shot with the one that I have....almost. :p

Seeing as you just did yours, I have a question; what tool(s) did you use to pop off the housing from the phone? I was watching this one earlier and the guy was using guitar picks to get it done and he needed a few wedged in there to get it off. All I got is the blue thing (in the pic I posted) that came with the housing that has that thin of a edge to get it wedged in there.

Yea, sorry I didn't remove the pics from my post. I used that blue tool they sent with the housing. You just have to take your time with it as the tool is a little weak, but it worked. Once you take the screws out it is very easy to get that tool between the housing and the screen. The top right corner was the easiest to come off and you just have to carefully work it around the edge of the phone. I went around the phone about two or three times carefully lifting the housing away from the screen. That is the main reason why it took about 10 mins to replace. Once the housing comes off everything else is simple and snaps back into place. One thing though... I watched the same vid. When he removed the sticker from the pogo pins I noticed that the sticker was there in the original housing and I left it there in the white housing.
    Let me know if you would like me to explain anything in more detail. I will be checking this thread for more questions.

It's like I have a new phone!
    White White White

Got the white Housing and here are some pictures:

http://img854.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dscn3031u.jpg