MHL problem white noise

Search This thread

ystasino

Jan 31, 2011
Droid DNA, running Hatka ROM and stock kernel, purchased new PNY MHL adapter and purchased new 15ft HDMI cable to the TV, tried rebooting didn't help, HDMI cable shows on DNA and the phone is charging. Other than it being the cables, which I doubt I'm curious about whether you have any explanations or solutions. Thanks!

148466367.jpg

148466518.jpg

Luigi711

Dec 19, 2012
I'll flash the ROM tomorrow and try it.
I'm gonna say its something in or not in the ROM.
When I was was running stock just rooted. I had no problems with it. Watch a full movie.
I haven't tried on my current either. So I'll try it on this one before I flash the other one

HtC DNA
XDA App

Reactions: MustafaHadaKing

MustafaHadaKing

Aug 2, 2011
Boston
Yeah I would check if this works on stock and then compare. Also if you using hatka you have v to use lk kernel

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

ystasino

Jan 31, 2011
Yeah I would check if this works on stock and then compare. Also if you using hatka you have v to use lk kernel

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

I cannot get into the process of switching ROMs just to check MHL. It takes me hours to customize my phone after wiping everything. Is there anything you can think that would cause this in your ROM? I really like your ROM and battery usage and data connectivity, but do you think you could fix this?

Do you have a link to the kernel I have to use?

Thanks

Last edited:

MustafaHadaKing

Aug 2, 2011
Boston
I cannot get into the process of switching ROMs just to check MHL. It takes me hours to customize my phone after wiping everything. Is there anything you can think that would cause this in your ROM? I really like your ROM and battery usage and data connectivity, but do you think you could fix this?

Do you have a link to the kernel I have to use?

Thanks

theres is nothing in my rom that i can think of that would cause this. this is the kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2106178

Luigi711

Dec 19, 2012
I tried it on my current ROM (life battery plus) works fine. I got called into work tonight, so I'll flash the other one tomorrow.

HtC DNA
XDA App

ystasino

Jan 31, 2011
I tried it on my current ROM (life battery plus) works fine. I got called into work tonight, so I'll flash the other one tomorrow.

HtC DNA
XDA App

Thanks, I'll be waiting on your results, this ROM has great connectivity and battery life and I hope I can keep it. Are you using the pny adapter?

Last edited:

Luigi711

Dec 19, 2012
So I flashed the hatak 1.1.6 and the kernel . Works fine.
The cable I'm using doesn't have anything on it but MHL my cousin gave it to me. He got it while he was deployed.
I'd say either try another cable, or warrenty da DNA for a new one.

HtC DNA
XDA App

ystasino

Jan 31, 2011
So I flashed the hatak 1.1.6 and the kernel . Works fine.
The cable I'm using doesn't have anything on it but MHL my cousin gave it to me. He got it while he was deployed.
I'd say either try another cable, or warrenty da DNA for a new one.

HtC DNA
XDA App

What adapter did you use? What do you mean that the cable doesn't have anything on it, other than the MHL? Is it a powered adapter? I don't believe that you can run MHL to HDMI without an adapter and most people say it needs to be powered (though in my experience the PNY adapter works without power). Thanks a lot for your help.

Luigi711

Dec 19, 2012
This cable plugs into my phone, then has the hdmi insert at the other end. On the side it has the option to plug a charger to it. I never have. It works just fine. I tried googling the cable. Nothing comes up. So I don't know who its made by.

I just looked at the pny adapter. It looks the same. Only mine doesn't have pny on it. Just mhl

HtC DNA
XDA App

Last edited:

ystasino

Jan 31, 2011
Alright, the crappy cheap cable from Amazon.com "eForCity Premium 15 FT / 4.6 M High Speed HDMI Cable 1080p 1.3B Compatible with PS3 HDTV, Black" is to blame, the monoprice replacement plays just fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll flash the ROM tomorrow and try it.
    I'm gonna say its something in or not in the ROM.
    When I was was running stock just rooted. I had no problems with it. Watch a full movie.
    I haven't tried on my current either. So I'll try it on this one before I flash the other one

HtC DNA
    XDA App