[Q] Any way to install Android permanently?

Search This thread

Cyber Akuma

May 28, 2008
I checked through the Android sticky, but all of them seemed to mention running Android through Haret/XDANDROID.

I know there are ways to run Android through your sdcard using Haret.exe and XDANDROID. But is there any way to completely erase Windows Mobile itself and flash android onto your phone's ROM instead of having to boot it through Windows Mobile? I am pretty much done with Windows Mobile (and almost everyone else appears to be too) and have no desire to keep it on my phone if I don't have to.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
I checked through the Android sticky, but all of them seemed to mention running Android through Haret/XDANDROID.

I know there are ways to run Android through your sdcard using Haret.exe and XDANDROID. But is there any way to completely erase Windows Mobile itself and flash android onto your phone's ROM instead of having to boot it through Windows Mobile? I am pretty much done with Windows Mobile (and almost everyone else appears to be too) and have no desire to keep it on my phone if I don't have to.

No. Not at this point.

One is being worked on, but still in its infancy. Not ready for general consumption yet!

ZoneBlaze

Mar 16, 2009
I would like to flash to Android as well, but with all the bugs and incompatibilities, I fear it would not be wise to do so.

One day...

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
Honestly I don't see what the hold-up is, other than fear of bricking a device.
I am not impressed with Haret or XDAndroid myself since the Kaiser/TYTN II/Tilt runs 2.3.5 so smoothly on NAND with very limited resources.

Again, I was working on cracking the MK and seeing if I could modify and drop the G1 bootloader on it, but at this point it's a lost cause until I can crack the CID and work with NBH Tools.

What needs to happen is someone must gather all the information I have, get with Pof or Com and get them to release the CID unlocker, instead of Oli charging money to do it. After that, migration should be easy because I have the memory maps (which wouldn't matter since the G1 has less, the Raph would just show less), and all the release files and bootloaders/radios/kernels to install.

Surely not an easy egg to crack, but it will be done...

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Honestly I don't see what the hold-up is, other than fear of bricking a device.
I am not impressed with Haret or XDAndroid myself since the Kaiser/TYTN II/Tilt runs 2.3.5 so smoothly on NAND with very limited resources.

Again, I was working on cracking the MK and seeing if I could modify and drop the G1 bootloader on it, but at this point it's a lost cause until I can crack the CID and work with NBH Tools.

What needs to happen is someone must gather all the information I have, get with Pof or Com and get them to release the CID unlocker, instead of Oli charging money to do it. After that, migration should be easy because I have the memory maps (which wouldn't matter since the G1 has less, the Raph would just show less), and all the release files and bootloaders/radios/kernels to install.

Surely not an easy egg to crack, but it will be done...

There's NAND development on RHOD. But there aren't any (active) devs left with RAPH. So it's not like development has stopped, but there's no one with the device working on it.

What do you mean not impressed? I'd say it's impressive that it works at all. It's pretty smooth for me, once I setup memory management to be aggressive.

PoXFreak

Jan 2, 2011
Apex NC
What do you mean not impressed? I'd say it's impressive that it works at all. It's pretty smooth for me, once I setup memory management to be aggressive.

In a side by side comparison, the Kaiser (with less memory and slower CPU/GPU) just runs faster. From boot to actual use is about 2 minutes and runs fairly smooth after that. I have 2 of them (3 if you consider the "sat-on" Kaiser with a broken screen), one for daily use and the other strictly for testing.
I would be willing to say that if not for the age of the phone it could be sold for as much as what the G1 gets on the open market. It's THAT good...

Again, I would be porting this if not for the CID holdup. I do have a build working for the Raph but can't install it because of NBH restrictions. I only have 1 Raph, so blowing it up is not an option.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
In a side by side comparison, the Kaiser (with less memory and slower CPU/GPU) just runs faster. From boot to actual use is about 2 minutes and runs fairly smooth after that. I have 2 of them (3 if you consider the "sat-on" Kaiser with a broken screen), one for daily use and the other strictly for testing.
I would be willing to say that if not for the age of the phone it could be sold for as much as what the G1 gets on the open market. It's THAT good...

Again, I would be porting this if not for the CID holdup. I do have a build working for the Raph but can't install it because of NBH restrictions. I only have 1 Raph, so blowing it up is not an option.

Talk to ACL... he's got the NBH stuff down on the RHOD fairly well. He can help get you going on RAPH I bet...

mbze430

Feb 28, 2007
Southeast Missouri
I haven't touched my Fuze and Tilt for a long time... and reading on what has been developing.

Seems like the guys at Kaiser got Android booting directly while here with the Raph it's still running off from WM.

I was hoping both would have the ability to do a straight flash to Android.

I'll be checking back