rm  /system/bin/mountonly

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
What's the latest status on this?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Ceadda

Mar 17, 2011
Anybody else get a gray screen on the vnc session after a reboot of the tab? I have done everything posted in the full installation forum and i get just a gray pixeled screen.

Serious_Beans

Feb 17, 2011
galaxy-tab-10.1-ubuntu-1.jpg

You can run Ubuntu on a rooted Galaxy Tab 10.1 and run a full Ubuntu desktop by connecting your bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

This is "chrooted" on top of your Android, meaning it runs like a virtual machine in the background, you can switch back and forth between Android and Ubuntu however you want.

When you turn your Tab 10.1 power off, you will have to restart Ubuntu though.

It's a bit laggy but not that much slower than my Atrix 4G webtop. I wouldn't use it for web browsing but the shell is very usable, you can install OpenSSH and other stuff you can play with.

Might be a fun mod for those of you running Ubuntu desktop already.

It runs pretty well on the Tegra I would say but the screen resolution is awesome!

My next goal is to put Wordpress blog running on the device, having trouble installing MySQL on the Ubuntu, if any Ubuntu experts out there, let me know if you figure out how to install MySQL, that's the only thing holding me back.

Can't wait until next year when 2Ghz dual-core tablets hit, then it will run really, really fast.

Here's a video preview:

Click HERE for Full Instructions and Download Files over at GalaxyTabHacks.com

I am gonna try to optimize it a bit over the next couple days and see if I can make it run faster/better.

And oh yeah, thanks to XDA user pershoot for his busybox!

There is no way to make it less laggy? Does OC'ing the processor have any impact on the smoothness of it? or will it just lag cuz it's a VM?

arashtarafar

Sep 26, 2010
Hi bros...
I recommend ICS without OC.its' speed is enough even for extracting heavy filesystems...
I tested this by mounting the whole Tabuntu filesystem in my device;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    galaxy-tab-10.1-ubuntu-1.jpg

You can run Ubuntu on a rooted Galaxy Tab 10.1 and run a full Ubuntu desktop by connecting your bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

This is "chrooted" on top of your Android, meaning it runs like a virtual machine in the background, you can switch back and forth between Android and Ubuntu however you want.

When you turn your Tab 10.1 power off, you will have to restart Ubuntu though.

It's a bit laggy but not that much slower than my Atrix 4G webtop. I wouldn't use it for web browsing but the shell is very usable, you can install OpenSSH and other stuff you can play with.

Might be a fun mod for those of you running Ubuntu desktop already.

It runs pretty well on the Tegra I would say but the screen resolution is awesome!

My next goal is to put Wordpress blog running on the device, having trouble installing MySQL on the Ubuntu, if any Ubuntu experts out there, let me know if you figure out how to install MySQL, that's the only thing holding me back.

Can't wait until next year when 2Ghz dual-core tablets hit, then it will run really, really fast.

Here's a video preview:

Click HERE for Full Instructions and Download Files over at GalaxyTabHacks.com

I am gonna try to optimize it a bit over the next couple days and see if I can make it run faster/better.

And oh yeah, thanks to XDA user pershoot for his busybox!