[Tweak/App] Disabling HTC Messaging in manila 2.5 (version 1.2 Updated on 29th Sep)

Search This thread

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
worked great on all leo roms so far but now in version 19202525 there is one small bug:

when going to contact manila style > sms tab, it exits back to manila, this also happens when clicking on sms in main sms tab.

any solution?

miniterror

Feb 5, 2009
miniterror,

Do not tap the message on the "Messages" tab, tap "All Messages" or "Menu" -> "Reply", this should give you the Windows interface. Are you still trying to use the HTC interface to send text messages? The whole point of this thread is to use the Windows native messaging interface, your pictures show the HTC interface.

Jamie

yes i still use taht way
it works for a few days and then i have to instal it over and restore all my messages
it always worked normal for me that way
but hack im used to it now:p

o0adam0o

Apr 6, 2007
I am so used to taping on a message and it taking me to windows threaded messaging (its like a habbit) which i loved ... dont see why they decided to go with manila sms which is slow and buggy and doesnt have spell check. :S

So theres no way to tap your message and go to threaded messaging right?

I tried a ab that does this but has alot of side effects since it files form an older manila... it makes your txt messages look like they r in portrait mode while ur in landscape... and i think the weather tab doesnt worl.

(I have TP2 with MightyRom manila 2.1)

juju66

Jul 11, 2007
Nice tool, YES! The spell fonction is endly completely back!

But what solution for MMS, I tried installing Arcsoft 5.xxx but it wouldn't work at all, Anyone a solution??

By the way, I've a TouchDiamond2 with Duttys Leo Holly Grail R0

juju66

Jul 11, 2007
Nice tool, YES! The spell fonction is endly completely back!

But what solution for MMS, I tried installing Arcsoft 5.xxx but it wouldn't work at all, Anyone a solution??

By the way, I've a TouchDiamond2 with Duttys Leo Holly Grail R0

It's all right, have reinstalled and done a soft reset!!!

By the way I'm having "the issue", too; when in Manila, I'm clicking on the "black & white" sms and nothing happen, I have to tap "all messages"...

magic280z

Oct 14, 2009
I tried the latest cab in Dutty's Holy Grail R0 rom and now can't send/receive text anymore. Outlook is the default SMS app but it seems to lock up when attempting to send a message and isn't getting messages.

Thanks

Sam

xborfi

May 10, 2008
nope.

Use the old old Manila 2.1 if you wanna keep that function. :D

well that is not good solution since there is really no diffrence between manila 2.1 or even 1.3 sock one! manila 2.5 i better, in my opinion we should get V1.3 of zenyee patch which fix 2 other things :

1- When taping on SMS it either can go to Windows OEM messaging and show the SMS , or at least it doesnt DO anything!]

2-On All people when we selct contact and click send SMS it send SMS using WM OEM messaging!

as I am not programmer or technical so all the above may be done if it is possible with manila stracture! :)

kwill

Jun 15, 2006
Austin, TX
Do you have a cab to enable htc messaging for EVERYTHING text related? For some reason, my messaging when I tap text from titanium is opening the windows messaging inbox. When I go to this keyHKLM\system\inbox\externalaccounts the external accounts entry is missing. So, I'm thinking the rom chef may have deleted it.

theory_87

Apr 5, 2009
well that is not good solution since there is really no diffrence between manila 2.1 or even 1.3 sock one! manila 2.5 i better, in my opinion we should get V1.3 of zenyee patch which fix 2 other things :

1- When taping on SMS it either can go to Windows OEM messaging and show the SMS , or at least it doesnt DO anything!]

2-On All people when we selct contact and click send SMS it send SMS using WM OEM messaging!

as I am not programmer or technical so all the above may be done if it is possible with manila stracture! :)
very good suggestion. wonder who can do it...

weimingqing

Sep 14, 2009

Great suggestion! Also wanna that feature if possible!

deherrmm

Nov 8, 2009
Registry Key Request

Ok, I learned a LOT about the tweak through this forum. My problem is, I went to another ROM, which has the HTC messaging app completely disabled. However, there was a registry key which would allow me to change what application opens up when I am on the HTC Manila Messaging tab and I click the compose new button on the upper right hand corner.

I know with Manila completely enabled it creates a new HTC Messages message. Currently it is going to ARCsoft, but I know the key would allow you to put in a path to an executable program.

Can anyone help?

I think it was in HKLM\services\MSG, but I cannot be sure. However, it did have 'compose' in it, if I am not mistaken

Last edited:

endorfin

Jul 17, 2007
HTC HD2 (Leo)

Hi, I've got a HTC HD2 and been having some horrendous problems with manilla, I've got over 2000 messages and its been taking minutes, yes minutes to open a conversation.

I've applied your patch which has disabled it & I'm now using the WM messaging, thanks very much.

There is just one thing though, the touch screen doesn't seem to be as responsive, does disabling manilla affect the senseUI?

msedhom

Aug 15, 2009
Hi, I've got a HTC HD2 and been having some horrendous problems with manilla, I've got over 2000 messages and its been taking minutes, yes minutes to open a conversation.

I've applied your patch which has disabled it & I'm now using the WM messaging, thanks very much.

There is just one thing though, the touch screen doesn't seem to be as responsive, does disabling manilla affect the senseUI?

I have just tried installing this on my HD2, and it doesn't work when i click on the message from the message tab. Could it be that windows mobile completely got rid of their messaging system in the hd2?

xborfi

May 10, 2008
shame on HTC that htc messaging even doesn't work on the powerful 1GHZ snapdragon's one. maybe it needs 200000000000 MHZ Cpu to work! WM OEM software can handle 20000+ SMS perfectly I tried that already. so the problem is poor programming of htc messaging.

Last edited: