[Q] ADB "Permission Denied"

Search This thread

Jestaverick

Jun 16, 2010
I'm having the same issue. The command prompt doesn't give me a chance to allow it. Once I type su and press enter it reads

su
su: permission denied
$

Nothing comes up on my phone when I enter it either. I have gained root too, I just need to know what I'm missing.

EDIT:
I fixed it. This may work for you, or it may not, but I restarted my phone and rerooted using z4root. Then I went through the command prompt;

adb shell
$ su

and the allow or deny screen came up.

Last edited:

peterqluu

Feb 11, 2011
The solution is to start ADB in root mode in command prompt...

Steps I did with my Galaxy S to add an App:
1. Connect phone to computer via USB in Debug Mode
2. Load command prompt and type: adb root
3. set read/write for system folder:

adb shell
su

Then type mount and find the location of system folder, in this case for me it's /dev/block/stl9

mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system
exit
exit

4. set your cmd prompt to folder where you have files to push/move onto phone i.e. f:\app or etc using f: and cd app for example
5. then to copy files to system/app folder by typing type: adb push <appfilename>.apk /system/app

Voila!

To remove an app do the following: adb shell rm /system/app/YourApplicationHere.apk

Simples

As a noob it took some time to figure this out with some help here and reading the help info after typing adb in prompt and the Eureka! moment came...

Hope this helps

Peter

Last edited:
G

GuestK00134

the mount command line did it for me. I actually just copied and pasted verbatim the mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system command.

Which leads me to my question. How do I know what my particular system folder is?