[Q] Not getting a GPS lock on Google edition

Search This thread

mcho19

Mar 15, 2009
Oakland, CA
So I'm not able to get a GPS lock on my HTC One with google edition installed. Location works with mobile data/wifi but it's not the most accurate.
I've ran the GPS for 5-10 minutes, using GPS status to see if it locks onto any satellites; it detects a bunch but never can lock on.

I figured it may have been the case since I have the Otterbox defender on it but same thing happens with the case off.

Anybody have a solution or experiencing the same issue?

Solarenemy68

Jul 28, 2009
Dallas
So I'm not able to get a GPS lock on my HTC One with google edition installed. Location works with mobile data/wifi but it's not the most accurate.
I've ran the GPS for 5-10 minutes, using GPS status to see if it locks onto any satellites; it detects a bunch but never can lock on.

I figured it may have been the case since I have the Otterbox defender on it but same thing happens with the case off.

Anybody have a solution or experiencing the same issue?

Are you trying this outside. Even minor building walls can block the signals. Also it is possible since your phone was not intended for the Google Edition ROM, the ROM may have reduced your GPS transceivers power. This is one reason it is never a good idea to use ROMS that the phone was not made for.

mcho19

Mar 15, 2009
Oakland, CA
Changed the rom back to stock at&t rom, always test outside for gps lock, and updated to latest firmware, still no gps lock.