[SOLVED] Please Help, PIT fails in ODIN and Heimdall

Search This thread

conasabi

First off, let me start by saying that I was an idiot.

I've been flashing and rooting for years but this time I totally forgot about the change in bootloader from 4.3 to 4.4. So...
I was technically on 4.3 and decided to flash up to 4.4. I flashed everything (that included 4.4 bootloader) and got a PIT fail.

Now I cannot get it past the logo screen. I cannot download the PIT either.

Tried ODIN 3.7 and 3.9 (Using VMware) - always fails. I know I have the right drivers.

Tried Heimdall frontend and terminal. I always fail due to PIT check.

Flashing in recovery just tells me to install firmware via Kies but Kies doesn't recognize my device.

Phone still says that system status and current binary are custom so I believe I'm still rooted.

[SOLVED] Everything went smoothly on a regular PC. All these forum threads and yet I hadn't run into a single one that mentions you HAVE to use a PC rather than a virtual system or Heimdall in order to get this to work on a Galaxy Note 3.

Last edited:

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
I can tell you flashing on windows via vmware will fail every time. You must flash natively. Is this a Mac you are flashing on? If so, i'm afraid if you want Odin to work again you will have to boot camp your Mac.

Heimdall after the 4.4 bootloader will also fail every time. It only works for the initial flash (from 4.3 to 4.4), but after the 4.4 bootloader, it is a no go.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: AirikH and conasabi

conasabi

I can tell you flashing on windows via vmware will fail every time. You must flash natively. Is this a Mac you are flashing on? If so, i'm afraid if you want Odin to work again you will have to boot camp your Mac.

Heimdall after the 4.4 bootloader will also fail every time. It only works for the initial flash (from 4.3 to 4.4), but after the 4.4 bootloader, it is a no go.

Thank you for your time. I am on a Mac and also figured that it probably had something to do with VMware. I'm glad to get a confirmation.

I am getting a replacement device today only because I need it for work so I couldn't afford to tinker with it this week.

p.s., I had tried several methods in other threads so I recognize your name. You are a gentleman and a scholar, good sir!

Reactions: noobtoob

conasabi

Also, I'm was born and raised in Fresno. Moved out here in my early twenties. Small world!

noobtoob

Dec 27, 2011
Fresno, CA
Moto G 5G
Google Pixel 8
Also, I'm was born and raised in Fresno. Moved out here in my early twenties. Small world!

No kidding? I've been trying to leave Fresno forever, but the wife loves it here for some reason (family). Even when I was in the military, my wife lived here and made me live overseas and elsewhere in the country by myself. She only moved with me 3 times... Once to Oregon, once to the San Francisco area, and once down to Los Angeles. They were all very short tours also. Spent half my time overseas.

Sent from my 900T using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you for your time. I am on a Mac and also figured that it probably had something to do with VMware. I'm glad to get a confirmation.

I am getting a replacement device today only because I need it for work so I couldn't afford to tinker with it this week.

p.s., I had tried several methods in other threads so I recognize your name. You are a gentleman and a scholar, good sir!