Not able to install any aosp based rom

Search This thread

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
My phone is a GT-N7100, currently running JellyKatv4. I'm on MJ5 bootloader and have TWRP recovery (the latest one). Last night I wanted to try a non TW rom, so I downloaded 4 different roms (AOSB, Cyanogen, Slim and SOKP) to try. Wiped cache, dalvik cache, system, data, format internal storage, flashed the first one, got the "successfully installed" message, again cleared cache/dalvik cache, rebooted, nothing. Phone got stuck on roms logo. Left it for 10 minutes, still nothing. Rebooted, repeated the procedure, flashed another of the above roms, "successfully installed" message, nothing, stuck again at the roms logo. This happened to every single one of them!! What am I missing here;! Where is the catch;! Thanks in advance!

singhpratik87

Sep 9, 2010
My phone is a GT-N7100, currently running JellyKatv4. I'm on MJ5 bootloader and have TWRP recovery (the latest one). Last night I wanted to try a non TW rom, so I downloaded 4 different roms (AOSB, Cyanogen, Slim and SOKP) to try. Wiped cache, dalvik cache, system, data, format internal storage, flashed the first one, got the "successfully installed" message, again cleared cache/dalvik cache, rebooted, nothing. Phone got stuck on roms logo. Left it for 10 minutes, still nothing. Rebooted, repeated the procedure, flashed another of the above roms, "successfully installed" message, nothing, stuck again at the roms logo. This happened to every single one of them!! What am I missing here;! Where is the catch;! Thanks in advance!
That's really unsual,only thing I can suggest is switch your recoveries to a previous TWRP perhaps 2.7.0 or 2.7.0.2 and flash the AOSP rom.

fatboyinlycra

Nov 21, 2012
Mold

I have seen a few people with this problem on other ROMs such as the DN3 recently, also happened to me on one of the weekly build 5 SlimKAT releases.

The fix for 95% of the people so far has been to
do the wipe of system, cache and Dalvik
flash rom and gapps
reboot, if it hangs, boot back into recovery and dirty flash the rom again

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
Thanks for the replies! My first attempt was with TWRP v 2.6.3.2, got stuck to roms logo as I described, after that I flashed the newest TWRP 2.7.2.1, got stuck again. Do you suggest to go to a previous than v.2.6.3.2 release?
I'll try what fatboyinlycra suggested and I'll report back.

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
No success.. I tried flashing and dirtyflashing, the same result always, gets stuck on roms logo. I even moved the files to the internal storage, through TWRP file manager and flashed from there, still the same.. Any other suggestion?

fatboyinlycra

Nov 21, 2012
Mold
No success.. I tried flashing and dirtyflashing, the same result always, gets stuck on roms logo. I even moved the files to the internal storage, through TWRP file manager and flashed from there, still the same.. Any other suggestion?

you are on an old version of TWRP, suggest you use the new one - download from here
http://techerrata.com/file/twrp2/t03g/openrecovery-twrp-2.7.2.1-t03g.zip

The only other question I have to ask you is, you are downloading the right ROM for your phone? not an N7105 or other variant by mistake?

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
Thanks for the reply, but if u see my second post I've tried with the latest version of TWRP (2.7.2.1) and it didn't work. I've already tried 8 different roms (non TW), stuck on all of them in roms logo. I'm very frustrated right now, don't have a clue what's happening.

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini

Azhery

Oct 28, 2012
Alor Setar
I'm using TWRP and I do format all internal storage and wipe every partition EVERY SINGLE TIME!! I'll give it a try your suggestion about custom kernel.
mybe u try switch to philz rcovery..and follow this step..

factory reset - clean install new rom
wipe cache partition
wipe dalvik cache
install rom and gapps
and reboot
hope this helpful[emoji6]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

chandoliasnikos

Dec 6, 2010
Katerini
Try format internal memory and all the partitions and then flash AOSP ROM, after that try flash custom kernel.

Odesláno z mého SM-G900F pomocí Tapatalk

You made my day my friend!! Your advice worked! I flashed SOKP rom and before reboot I've also flashed agni kernel! And finally I got it working!! Many many thanks again!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try format internal memory and all the partitions and then flash AOSP ROM, after that try flash custom kernel.

Odesláno z mého SM-G900F pomocí Tapatalk