[Q] Battery Drain issue when sleep

Search This thread
Sep 5, 2009
The battery life of the A100, at least mine, is good while using it. But since a couple of weeks ago, without any significantly sw change, if I put to sleep with everything off (wifi, gps, etc) after 10 hours I loose at least 20% of battery. I've check'd running apps whit Advance Task Killer plus Gemini App Manager but nothing of significant.... Someone has a similar problem?

Diknak@gmail.com

May 27, 2010
I bet you installed an app that is doing a soft wake lock for some reason. It might be a poorly written app that is waking and not releasing the lock until it performs some kind of task, such as sending info over the net. It's possible that turning on WiFi might actually help, but the real solution is to find the app and get rid of it because if that is the case, it might be holding the lock until a net connection is established.

painter_

Dec 10, 2006
North Eastern Ohio
I am about to open a can of worms here.

You should not use task killers in android. The why android handles memory is very different to windows. While I agree with the poster that suggests that you kill the app that is keeping the wake lock on, task killers in general on Android are a bad thing. Rather then typing all of the reasons this is a good link that explains how android uses memory and why task killers end up costing more battery life rather then saving it. http://lifehacker.com/5650894/andro...ed-what-they-do-and-why-you-shouldnt-use-them

fairgun

Oct 23, 2011
I have the same battery drain problem too. It's been really frustrating seeing the battery drains so fast.
Last night, I tried to leave the wi-fi on while I am sleeping (7 hours) the battery status was 90%. When I woke up, it shows 30% battery left.

Are there any recommendations or apps to save the battery?

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Can you guys try doing a hard reset with nothing installed and test it with wifi off overnight. See if you get the same result. If you dont then its something you installed. If you are still getting the same result maybe try to recalibrate the battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: fairgun

fairgun

Oct 23, 2011
Can you guys try doing a hard reset with nothing installed and test it with wifi off overnight. See if you get the same result. If you dont then its something you installed. If you are still getting the same result maybe try to recalibrate the battery.

Thank you. I will try that tonight.
By the way, hard reset is by inserting paper clip on the reset button on the bottom right?
Will this erase my data?

TheUndertaker21

Jul 11, 2011
Brooklyn
Xposed Modules
Yeah try it
Sent from my A500 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325820349891.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325820349891.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.