A Way to Fix X10 Mini if Bricked

Search This thread

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
Hi all,

yesterday I used an emergency method for the second time which saved my phone even when SEUS doesn't respond. Please note:

1. This is an emergency method, if ALL other methods fail. If you are not comfortable with this, then don't do it.

2. I don't know if this works for the new Mini or either Pros.

3. You can damage your phone if you do this incorrectly, so take care, and you do this at your own risk.

4. If you are still in warranty, this can void your warranty if they detect what you've done.

5. If you're VERY new to all this phone modification stuff, you probably shouldn't do this. But, if you are new and all other methods don't work, then you can try this if you don't want to/can't afford to send away to repair.

Still in trouble? This is ESPECIALLY useful if your phone won't switch on, SEUS won't detect it and charging doesn't show LED. Do this:

1. Take off the back cover.
2. To the left of the camer lens is a rubber part covering the phone. At first, it looks like it won't move, but use something small and thin (like a pin or tack) to gently lift that up, and take it away. You need this so keep it.
3. Inside you will see a small white connector. This connects the battery to the rest of the phone. Use a tack or pin to gently pull back on the white part. When it does get loose, lift up.
4. After a few seconds, put that white connector back. I do it by laying it down and pushing in with the pin/tack, and push down. You must hear it click. Be very, very careful with this, it's delicate!
5. Put back the rubber connector and case.

Try switch on your phone now. Twice, this has helped me when ALL else failed...

**When you take off the rubber cover to the left of the lens, you will see this white tab as you can see in this picture. You use a pin/tack to drag that back, then press down again and push it into the phone to reconnect. This resets it.**

Last edited:

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
can i add a link to this in my FAQ?
:)

Sure!

Honestly, this method has worked twice now (only needed it twice) and if the phone doesn't switch on, PC/laptop/SEUS don't detect it/no LED or anything...this STILL works...! It's a kind of hard reset we need, if soft reset (home and power) don't work.

Last edited:

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
Yes, that's right ^^ on the Mini of 2010 you cannot disconnect the battery like normal. This is how you can do it, and it really does fix many of the worst kinds of problems...it re-starts the connection of the phone.

Lytrix X10

Feb 16, 2012
Still not working ;(

i tried this method twice, and nothing happened...
my phone was working fine yesterday, woke up, found it turned off.
i tried to charge it, and it showed no signs of charging, no LED lights, no heat, nothing.
i tried to restart it using the power+home+back buttons, i tried to get it on flash mode, nothing worked.
its still off and NOT charging even though its been connected to the charger for like 2 hrs

anymore ideas? :confused:

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
Hi buddy.

There's something different with these smartphones. This happened to my Mini also. I contacted Sony Eric. and they said make sure your battery doesn't die completely. You must leave it charging in the wall for about 2 hours and wait for an LED (green) to show. If that doesn't work, then I'd try SEUS and repair the phone. If that doesn't work, then I'd try this solution. It really should be the LAST thing you do - if you're not very familiar with this you can break it.

And you tried this method and it did nothing? Really? You disconnected the white wire, waited 10 seconds and reconnected? Then I'd try charging for 2 hours WITHOUT trying to turn it on.

bashbash

Mar 4, 2012
help me plzzzzzzzzzz :(

Hi!

can anyone help me!

i treied to root my x10 mini pro and something fail :eek:

Idont know what happen but i fowlloed the guid but i know that was my wrong i dont know what happend.

My x10 mini pro are breaked now when i try to turn it on it came just SONEY ERICSSON just it, itreied to uppdate by pc.companion but i could not uppdate it becuse the program didnot finde the device.

Can someone help me please.

Tanks!

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
That is common and you should be able to fix it. If all you did was try to root it, I'm not quite sure what failed. This happens sometimes if you try to put a new operating system (ROM) on the device but something goes wrong.

And PC companion doesn't detect your device?

If not...there is another Sony Ericsson program called SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Companion). Use that instead and tell it to repair your phone. To do so, you connect your phone to the PC, press the power button at the top of the phone AND the middle (menu) button on the front together...then your phone resets. If you have SEUS ready, it will connect your phone, your phone won't boot, SEUS will repair it. The light at the top of the phone will be green if this is working correctly.

Reactions: bashbash

mniroy

Dec 2, 2010
Yogyakarta
Hi, i just bought bricked x10 mini for 20 bucks. I has no sign of life, no led indicator, etc. It's not detected by seus. I also disassembly it to check physical damage( i didn't find any damages).
Phone just won't turn on. Lets check if 2hours charging is working for my case.

phoneyericsson

Dec 30, 2010
Yes, try the charging thing. Sony Ericsson told me to do this by email. I had no idea that smartphones worked like that, but yes. It could have life but not show for 2 hours of charging. (They said DON'T try to turn on the phone while it's trying to charge in this case).

If none of that works then try more extreme methods, like the one I mention with the white cable.

Good luck!

mniroy

Dec 2, 2010
Yogyakarta
still no luck with charging solution. actualy i've disassembly it so practically i have done your solution. i will go check more deeper about the problem. the worst case is IC failure.

rendsvig

Sep 7, 2010
Thank you for the tip phoneyericsson!

I didn't find it hard to do -- I pulled off the ruber thing with a nail, and tweaked out the plug with some small scissors.

I was stuck at the SE logo, and couldn't turn of my phone or enter CWR. I wanted to set it back to standard using SEUS. Instead of using the method mentioned in option 2 here, I simply pulled the white plug to the battery, which turned of the phone. Then I inserted it again and the phone stayed off. Then I simply did as SEUS asked, and now I'm back running, ready to get CMmini on my device again!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

yesterday I used an emergency method for the second time which saved my phone even when SEUS doesn't respond. Please note:

1. This is an emergency method, if ALL other methods fail. If you are not comfortable with this, then don't do it.

2. I don't know if this works for the new Mini or either Pros.

3. You can damage your phone if you do this incorrectly, so take care, and you do this at your own risk.

4. If you are still in warranty, this can void your warranty if they detect what you've done.

5. If you're VERY new to all this phone modification stuff, you probably shouldn't do this. But, if you are new and all other methods don't work, then you can try this if you don't want to/can't afford to send away to repair.

Still in trouble? This is ESPECIALLY useful if your phone won't switch on, SEUS won't detect it and charging doesn't show LED. Do this:

1. Take off the back cover.
    2. To the left of the camer lens is a rubber part covering the phone. At first, it looks like it won't move, but use something small and thin (like a pin or tack) to gently lift that up, and take it away. You need this so keep it.
    3. Inside you will see a small white connector. This connects the battery to the rest of the phone. Use a tack or pin to gently pull back on the white part. When it does get loose, lift up.
    4. After a few seconds, put that white connector back. I do it by laying it down and pushing in with the pin/tack, and push down. You must hear it click. Be very, very careful with this, it's delicate!
    5. Put back the rubber connector and case.

Try switch on your phone now. Twice, this has helped me when ALL else failed...

**When you take off the rubber cover to the left of the lens, you will see this white tab as you can see in this picture. You use a pin/tack to drag that back, then press down again and push it into the phone to reconnect. This resets it.**
    That is common and you should be able to fix it. If all you did was try to root it, I'm not quite sure what failed. This happens sometimes if you try to put a new operating system (ROM) on the device but something goes wrong.

And PC companion doesn't detect your device?

If not...there is another Sony Ericsson program called SEUS (Sony Ericsson Update Companion). Use that instead and tell it to repair your phone. To do so, you connect your phone to the PC, press the power button at the top of the phone AND the middle (menu) button on the front together...then your phone resets. If you have SEUS ready, it will connect your phone, your phone won't boot, SEUS will repair it. The light at the top of the phone will be green if this is working correctly.