T-mobile LG G2 January update, should I bite?

Search This thread

katamari201

Oct 18, 2011
New update for T-mobile LG G2. I am leery of a new update though, since you know how these things can go. Brick your phone of screw up the phone royally and I have to factory reset or roll-back somehow. A few peeps at AndroidCentral say it causes battery drain, but the jury is still out sincei ts only a few days old. What has been your experience, and are there any worthwhile improvements? I want them to fix the slow camera performance in low light, as well as the camera screwing up my lockscreen or not loading sometimes when I push the volume down button. Also would want speed improvements in the main UI, as it has never been the speediest. If its minor and no real improvements, I'd rather wait for KitKat and do a fresh factory reset.

RubbleTea

May 20, 2013
Los angeles
New update for T-mobile LG G2. I am leery of a new update though, since you know how these things can go. Brick your phone of screw up the phone royally and I have to factory reset or roll-back somehow. A few peeps at AndroidCentral say it causes battery drain, but the jury is still out sincei ts only a few days old. What has been your experience, and are there any worthwhile improvements? I want them to fix the slow camera performance in low light, as well as the camera screwing up my lockscreen or not loading sometimes when I push the volume down button. Also would want speed improvements in the main UI, as it has never been the speediest. If its minor and no real improvements, I'd rather wait for KitKat and do a fresh factory reset.

Generally i would prob just do it unless you have custom recovery on there or not stock....you should be able to see what the update contains .... For example sprints update was a Google security patch and a radio fix ( call quality)