HTC ThunderBolt Otterbox Defender Series Case NOW SHIPPING!!!

Search This thread

n2imagination

Feb 15, 2010
You can usually find them for cheaper. When I was shopping for a case for my Blackberry I was sold on the OB but I was hesitant on the 50 bones for it. I found it on Buy.com for like $30 shipped. When I look back on it I would have paid the full 50 for it considering how many times that case saved the phone. It is still in mint condition despite countless drops and my girlfriend spilling a strawberry daiquiri directly on it. I just took the case off and rinsed it off, nothing on the phone. Worth it.

+100! When and if OB ever makes the commuter case for TB I will certainly buy it. Even though it seems like a lot, the chances are that you WILL drop this phone at some time, and when that happens you will see that that case price was worth every penny. Just think of the insurance deductible that you would have paid to have it replaced (which btw has jumped to $100 for this device, if you are paying for full insurance). All of the sudden a $30-$40 case doesn't seem that expensive. With the OB cases I truly dont freak out when me or one of my kids drop the phone. It just works amazing and has great shock protection, not to mention the lip on the front that protects the screen when i flip the phone screen down.

em0112

Mar 31, 2011
Is it me or does this OB case cover the top speaker near the LED and camera?

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
i got the Platinum series case from Best Buy for $50. it comes with a hard(ish) case that goes on first, then the silicon type case over it, then that hard shell on top of it that also comes with a hard belt clip. i always have been a fan of otterbox tho. hm, i guess ill have to wait for some reviews first when it finally comes out......

*random but im STILL waiting for the damn dock HTC said would release for the Thunderbolt :mad: *

weinbee

Apr 3, 2011
left coast
i got the Platinum series case from Best Buy for $50. it comes with a hard(ish) case that goes on first, then the silicon type case over it, then that hard shell on top of it that also comes with a hard belt clip. i always have been a fan of otterbox tho. hm, i guess ill have to wait for some reviews first when it finally comes out......

*random but im STILL waiting for the damn dock HTC said would release for the Thunderbolt :mad: *

I have that case too, but I think I might replace it with this when it comes out. Curious to see if the "three layers of protection" is the same kind of deal with an inner case, soft middle and exoskeleton because from those images it doesn't look to me like it's multiple pieces.

ddgarcia05

Mar 28, 2010
Edinburg / Mcallen, Texas
I have that case too, but I think I might replace it with this when it comes out. Curious to see if the "three layers of protection" is the same kind of deal with an inner case, soft middle and exoskeleton because from those images it doesn't look to me like it's multiple pieces.

Go on Youtube and search for the HD2 defender case. It looks like it might need the same. A hard shell, the rubber outer guard, and a built in screen protector equals the three layers.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Reactions: weinbee

xXJay_RXx

Apr 13, 2010
Go on Youtube and search for the HD2 defender case. It looks like it might need the same. A hard shell, the rubber outer guard, and a built in screen protector equals the three layers.

if it just like this, then u can forget it. the already preinstalled screen protector killed it for me. when the screen protector gets all scratched up, then what?....buy a new case? o_O

ddgarcia05

Mar 28, 2010
Edinburg / Mcallen, Texas
if it just like this, then u can forget it. the already preinstalled screen protector killed it for me. when the screen protector gets all scratched up, then what?....buy a new case? o_O

What I didn't like about the built in screen protector are the water markings it developed after only a couple days after getting the case. Looks like water is trapped between the screen and the build in screen protector.

3708794474_d2182fabff.jpg

Last edited:

rednoved

Apr 5, 2009
Fort Worth
I am holding out for the commuter case because of the screen protector. I like my SGP I am using. The defender case does look like it will take care of the light leak issue people are having. It seems like the case will go just above the edge, covering the leaks.
htc2-tbolt-20-1.jpg

I would consider this case if it didn't have the screen protector. I do prefer a slimmer case though. Thats why I am using an innocase right now.

Last edited:

heffe2001

Jun 9, 2010
That's what I did on my Inc, I just popped the screen protector out (I had a nice Boxwave on the screen, so didn't need it). Also made it a bit more responsive without the built in one on it.

My only problem with the Defender case really is the size it's likely going to be, it made my Inc HUGE, I can't imagine how big the Thunderbolt will be with it on it..

n2imagination

Feb 15, 2010
I am holding out for the commuter case because of the screen protector. I like my SGP I am using. The defender case does look like it will take care of the light leak issue people are having. It seems like the case will go just above the edge, covering the leaks.

I would consider this case if it didn't have the screen protector. I do prefer a slimmer case though. Thats why I am using an innocase right now.

+1 ON the commuter case. Check out the difference on the evo defender (top) to the commuter (bottom). So much more low profile and clean. Having had one for my eris it also just fits like a glove, almost like there is no "case" at all. I will be waiting on the commuter to come out. Also isn't the TB sporting Gorilla Glass? Shouldn't need a screen protector at all if so IMO.

Defender
htc2-evo4g-20-1.jpg
htc2-evo4g-20.jpg

Commuter
htc4-evo4g-20.jpg
htc4-evo4g-20-2.jpg

heffe2001

Jun 9, 2010
I'm thinking that's a NO to the Gorilla Glass (according to threads on here and other sites anyway). And Gorilla Glass will scratch like regular glass, just not quite as easily.

+1 ON the commuter case. Check out the difference on the evo defender (top) to the commuter (bottom). So much more low profile and clean. Having had one for my eris it also just fits like a glove, almost like there is no "case" at all. I will be waiting on the commuter to come out. Also isn't the TB sporting Gorilla Glass? Shouldn't need a screen protector at all if so IMO.

Aerogriff

Jan 31, 2011
Jacksonville, FL
What I didn't like about the built in screen protector are the water markings it developed after only a couple days after getting the case. Looks like water is trapped between the screen and the build in screen protector.

3708794474_d2182fabff.jpg

I had that same problem with my iPhone. But when I had my Droid x I never had that problem. Maybe they fixed it after the iPhones case came out.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

psylink

May 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Store I work at will have the otterbox this week sometime, put in the order for them friday

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look what I found. :)

http://www.otterbox.com/HTC-ThunderBolt-Defender-Series-Case/HTC2-TBOLT,default,pd.html

Now that you have your social, mobile and professional lives all wrapped into the hottest 4G device on the market, getting the best case is the logical next step. Keep your link to the world safe with the rugged OtterBox Defender Series for HTC ThunderBolt. A tough polycarbonate shell with a built-in screen protector hugs your phone, while the quality silicone skin wraps around it all for exceptional shock absorption. Included is a holster belt clip for your carrying convenience.

Compatibility:

* HTC ThunderBolt

Features:

* Three layers of protection
    * Complete interaction of the device's functions
    * Ratcheting belt clip holster included
    * Accommodates your phone's kickstand

Material:

* Clear protective membrane on touch screen
    * High-quality polycarbonate shell
    * Durable silicone skin

htc2-tbolt-20.jpg

htc2-tbolt-20-1.jpg

htc2-tbolt-20-2.jpg

htc2-tbolt-20-3.jpg

htc2-tbolt-20-4.jpg
    doesn't look like its gonna fit the extended battery though... bummer

I just find the Otterbox too big to fit in dress pants pockets. I think I'm stuck with just a rubber case around my TB.

Sounds like what you need is a communter case.

Sent from The Republic of Texas